TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

We tried to get a ride just before 7 tonight with only about 8 people outside the building in line, we were barely at the TV 20 minutes later and just gave up as I didn't want to miss our dinner window. Must be down to a one boat operation now.

Am I reading the parks website right? Next week is their last week of weekday operation!!! Seems early. I was looking forward to stopping by the park friday Aug 15 but no. Seems like they will be closed. I understand starting to wind down the operation heading into the fall, but not even being open on a FRIDAY two weeks into august... C'mon.

I know it sucks. They should just call Kelly Services and get some temps in for the Fridays. They couldn't do any worse than Scooby was run this evening.

Last weekday operation is the 12th and that is the start of school for Parkway. Yeah! I get to go on a single rider coaster blitz and I won't have to ride in the middle train every time because it is "safer". I also don't have to be a role model for my kids so I can run-amuck like a teenager and be a total jerk. (Just kidding)

Warning on Park hours!! Don't trust the hours Google displays, check the actual website. Google is stating the park is open until 9 all week, it is not, only 8.

Great America seems like it's winding down early, too. I'm going Friday, but I haven't decided if I'm going to stand in line for two hours just to ride Goliath or not.

Seems really early to close the week day season. God I'm starting to hate Six Flags.

It comes down to making a profit. If Six Flags thought they could make a profit by keeping daily operations going for a few more weeks, they would.

Very true and I am sure they are strangled by the start of the school year. The Truancy Police have bigger guns than SF Security, I don't think Security would last long in a direct confrontation.

When I was a kid school started after Labor Day. At least these kids get one holiday in over the summer, though I am sure there are those conspiring to put the 4th in Jeopardy.

I suppose the same profit rule applies to the 8 o'clock closing. We went over to JB's at 7:15 and it was dead and I noticed Character Cafe was closed and well as a few other things I can't recall right now. Enough people are trying to get their kids back on a strict schedule I suppose and don't stay at the park. I would imagine most vacations are over by now as well so those 5-10 families a day that treat SFSTL as a destination park are not around.

For some reason (I heard its because most students will be getting an expanded winter break in the area) school is now starting the second full week of August. My guess is they are doing weekend schedules due to all the student going back to school. The devastating results of Snowpocalypse.

For some reason (I heard its because most students will be getting an expanded winter break in the area) school is now starting the second full week of August. My guess is they are doing weekend schedules due to all the student going back to school. The devastating results of Snowpocalypse.

I haven't heard about an expanded winter break but will look into it. Parkway started 8/13 last year and 8/12 this year.

edit: Parkway is getting a full two weeks winter break same as last year. 12/13 looked like it was a couple of days shorter.

Edited by Sf-Dad

I haven't heard about an expanded winter break but will look into it. Parkway started 8/13 last year and 8/12 this year.

Rockwood starts on 8/11 this year (hurray! Starting off with a whole week ). Last year I think we went back I think we went back for on the same day you guys did. I heard something of an expanded break.

This summer went by way too fast.

This summer went by way too fast.

No kidding, especially because we are just over halfway through Summer. Fall doesn't start until September 23rd. These schools are stealing our Summers from us. I think the problem is HVAC. My grade school did not have air conditioning and havering class in August would have been a nightmare.

My grade school did not have air conditioning and having class in August would have been a nightmare.

That's exactly it, most public schools have A/C now. Still though, summer should be from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

That is sad they close the park early, however I can understand it. If no one is there, then why waste that money.

In terms of the new ride, do you think that it will be the same ride just re-themed or a completely new ride?

In terms of the new ride, do you think that it will be the same ride just re-themed or a completely new ride?

People in the know here have said that the ride system will be replaced. The old boats are too hard/expensive to maintain.

People in the know here have said that the ride system will be replaced. The old boats are too hard/expensive to maintain.

Plus the fact they are 40 years old and probably pretty nasty and beat to hell.

I know a lot of people, including myself, do not like riding Ninja, however, I did learn something today from a few of the rides leads. Ninja has the highest throughput of Guests (most of the time) of any ride in the park. I don't see any reason to replace a coaster that actually a lot of the GP really likes, and it just means that there are less people in line for other rides.

With Fright Fest about 8 weeks away, advertisements are going up around the park for the attractions, most would appear to be the same as last year. Voided Vision is something new (replacement for Total Darkness?) and what will the Terror Train theme be this year (I don't think the Holidead theme is coming back)?

Also, the 1st Friday which I think was to be the beginning of Fright Fest has been dropped off the schedule - Fright Fest starts on Saturday October 4 and runs through Halloween, the park is open on November 1 and 2 but the hours change those days and it's questionable what will be offered related to Fright Fest on those two days.

Honestly, besides the Google errors that are not the fault of Six Flags, the new online park hours page has so many issues. Days will jump on and off the schedule. The water park hours may or may not show up. One day last week it was saying that the park was open from 3:30pm to 2:00am. I don't understand why they went for something so complicated when all you have to do is basically a picture of a pdf (see Holiday World: http://www.holidayworld.com/park-tickets/park-hours/ )

With Fright Fest about 8 weeks away, advertisements are going up around the park for the attractions, most would appear to be the same as last year. Voided Vision is something new

Saw the advertisement for this in the park today. I wasn't thrilled with the name "Total Darkness," and to me, this is another step backwards.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407375046.789317.thumb.jpg.9e456e53e7456287b9d8ee3b0b1985bb.jpg