TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Steel Dragon 2000 could be scrapped!!!

^yeah I know but now someone might think it's getting scraped and start one of those unpleasant rumours that I really hate.

SO FOR EVERYBODY READING THIS: STEEL DRAGON 2000 WILL REOPEN EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT!!!

Thank god it's reopening, I would have cried for years if it was scraped. I'm soo hard gonna study my japanese just to ride the thing.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's very cool that you're learning Japanese, but I imagine you could make it to the coaster without doing so. Judging from the TPR trip report photos it looks like they were very English-speaking friendly and everyone got around just find.

I'd like to learn a little before next September but I don't know if I'd ever be able to master the language. I already speak two other languages and it just might cause a hemmorage.

^yeah but I'm gonna study Japanese as a part of a 4-year college education called Japanology. I'll not only learn the language, but everything about Japan such as history, religion, geography, law, economics etc. and I'm planning to find a job somewhere in the line of japanese-belgian relations.

Oh and BTW I'll get like 1500 hours of japanese in that education so I should have no problem talking japanese after that education.

College starts somewhere around september 20 so we'll see then

Majoring in Japanology? That sounds really nice. I've never even heard of that being offered as a major.

Please tell me you're doing this out of interest in Japanese culture, and not just because of a roller coaster.

Wrebbit, calm down! We all know you are drooling over Steel Dragon, but theres no reason for a post like that. Why do you even care if someone starts a rumor about it when you and most other people already know that its going to re-open? And besides, it wasnt just a 'wild rumor' when this topic was started last year. It came from Justin Garvanovic, founder of the European Coaster Club and also the editor of First Drop magazine. Hes not the person to start rumors based on nothing. He didnt even say that it was going to be scrapped, he said it 'might be scrapped'.

Just because I started this topic doesnt mean that Im unhappy about Steel Dragon re-opening....

Please tell me you're doing this out of interest in Japanese culture, and not just because of a roller coaster.

Yes I'm doing this out of interest, not just for SD2K (I'm not that crazy)

Wrebbit, calm down! We all know you are drooling over Steel Dragon, but theres no reason for a post like that. Why do you even care if someone starts a rumor about it when you and most other people already know that its going to re-open? And besides, it wasnt just a 'wild rumor' when this topic was started last year. It came from Justin Garvanovic, founder of the European Coaster Club and also the editor of First Drop magazine. Hes not the person to start rumors based on nothing. He didnt even say that it was going to be scrapped, he said it 'might be scrapped'.

Just because I started this topic doesnt mean that Im unhappy about Steel Dragon re-opening....

No it was never my intention to attack someone. You just opened this thread a year ago, I'm not accusing you of giving wrong information. The only thing I wanted to be sure of is that everyone knows it isn't gonna be scrapped.

Also, just out of curiosity: is there something wrong with liking a particular coaster and posting stuff to make things absolutely clear? I got the feeling you think I was all hyperactive, screamy and angry and stuff like that when I read your post. Just for your information: I do have a life outside Steel Dragon 2000

But that's another story

Alyssa--have you ridden SD2K?

I remember being so excited about this ride 6 years ago (even though it was in Japan).

I'd been out of the coaster loop for a while until this summer and didn't even know it wasn't operating until several months ago.

How is the ride and how does it compare to other hyper coasters?

^Actually, you do kind of worry me and several other members with your borderline obnoxiousness about this stupid ride!

I know I'm new but Wow, Elissa that was actually quite rude of you! I read the forums and I didn't think Wrebbit was that annoying. He's just a guy who's enthusiastic about SD2K, no big deal. Viking86 is a big fan of Wild Train but I don't see him getting posts like that...

Also Wrebbit: I don't think you should remove all that SD2K slogans. It's a part of you, people know that when they say Wrebbit, they automatically say SD2K. Just because others are unhappy doesn't mean you have to change. Be yourself!

I never found wrebbit's facination with SD2K annoying, strange yes, becouse how can you love a coaster you haven't ridden yet? But then i realized that i to have some coasters i would really like to ride even though they aren't so famous, for example: TT at Dollywood (a smooth Arrow!) and Anaconda at Gold Reef City, South Africa (Giovanola invert!). Its just that wrebbit is even more facinated by SD2K, and therefore he wants to express that.

And honestly, dont we all have some coaster somewhere of wich you say "i want to experience that for myself!", even though people say it isn't all that good...

Viking86 is a big fan of Wild Train but I don't see him getting posts like that...

Thats definately true, and I have expressed my opinions about it in a few topics, but mainly to answer peoples questions. I never meant for Wrebbit to remove SD2K from his signature and avatar, I just though this topic was getting a bit out of hand......

^Actually, you do kind of worry me and several other members with your borderline obnoxiousness about this stupid ride!

I know I'm new but Wow, Elissa that was actually quite rude of you! I read the forums and I didn't think Wrebbit was that annoying. He's just a guy who's enthusiastic about SD2K, no big deal. Viking86 is a big fan of Wild Train but I don't see him getting posts like that...

Also Wrebbit: I don't think you should remove all that SD2K slogans. It's a part of you, people know that when they say Wrebbit, they automatically say SD2K. Just because others are unhappy doesn't mean you have to change. Be yourself!

Yeah i miss the old Wrebbit .

Well, as you're new here you obviously haven't been around this as long, nor have you seen ALL the posts.

Thanks for calling me Rude! I'll remember that!

Well I know Elissa is a notorious Morgan/Arrow hater so that may explain some of the hate going on here. That's ok though, when you've been on as many coasters as they have I guess it really gets to the point where it has to be special in order to be fun. Morgans are enjoyable rides as long as it isn't neutered on the B-Brakes. Mamba is a better ride on cooler days and at night. There were times I've seen just in the past 2 weeks where it was barely being slowed down at all on several night operations. BTW, SD2K is a giant Mamba than Steel Force if anything. It was modeled after it although I'm surprised they left out the drop turn after the 2nd hill as that's a cool element.

Okay I think this thread has caused enough hate already, so here's the bottom line:

What we've learned is that some people can get enthusiastic about a coaster. They have the right to defend there statements and preferences, even if others don't agree. That's the fun of everyone being different. If everyone would love the same (type of) coasters, then this forum would be half the fun it is now. Let everyone enjoy their favourite coasters, as you would like to enjoy the coasters you like.

You guys agree with that or do you think it's bull$hit?

^ yeah i think a lot of people who responded in this thread came off more agressive then they had ment, and none of them really ment to insult the other, everybody was probarly just trying to help and/or post their own opinion about things.

But unfortunatly this thread got out of hand and now it's a battlefield, so lets all forget this thread ever existed and move on with our lives...

... so ehhh... forget about it... now... GO!

Heya.

let get back on topic hey?

I didnt scroll through the whole post but i did a search for the link.

so i dont think this has been posted yet

http://www.nagashima-onsen.co.jp/fdata/fd157_1.html

with a babel fish translation

About steel dragon 2000 driving reopening

2003 August 23rd, with the attraction 「 steel dragon 2000 」 wheel falling off accident of our company 「 ナガシマスパーランド 」, the customer who is in the midst of riding in a car and the customer of the jumbo seawater pool which it adjoins apologize from thing and the heart which the wound are done. In addition, does applying the annoyance which becomes great in everyone of the related everyone including the customer of our company, piling up, we apologize.

Our company after the accident occurring, to the investigation activity by the competent authorities extensively cooperated, the 「 steel dragon 2000 accident cause investigation safety measure commission 」 which is at once formed together from the patsy of the company internal-related post installed, doing the investigation of accident cause and the decision of safety measure to prevention of accident recurrence started.

You investigated accident cause, and measure, and you improved, this time, did verification application, received the delivery of verification end proof.Repeatingtrial run, as mentioned below having become the prospect of 「 steel dragon 2000 」 driving reopening we report.

Furthermore, when business reopening day decides, you inform in our company home page. The place where it keeps advancing more improvement the latest occurrence as a big reflection because it is existence, that also in the future patronage it receives, we ask may.

2006 August 14th

Nagashima sight-seeing development corporation

this usually very reliable site

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown/5777/

has it down for opening again soon too