TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cyclops at Mt Olympus

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I always hold on for dear life on that hill!!!! With the buzzbar I just feel like I'm going to fly right out!!! Tight Seatbelt and tighter grip is a must for that part of the ride!

One of the best wooden coasters in the world because of that one hill!

I had a pedometer(those things that record number of steps) logged inbetween my hip and the seat belt.

The air time was intense enough that it buried itself into my hip and left a pretty decent size bruise.

There's a very, very good reason that you have to be 18 to ride in the back car.

When I rode in this year that drop surprized me and my girlfriend. When I got into the station and read the sign I was thinking to myself, "That's a strange rule to have on a coaster." By the time we got off I knew why it was a rule. If a smaller kid sat in that seat they would fly out.

The drop caught us off guard. I wasn't fairmilar with the layout of the ride and thought that the first drop was the one that is visable when aproaching the ride entrance. We were talking as we went up the lift and not paying much attention, since we have been on many large coasters in our lives this seemed like it would be a baby. Well lets just say we both about craped our pants and kissed are butts goodbye when that thing droped in. It is really cool. The coaster lineup at the park is awesome for a small park. If you haven't been to Mt. Olympus, simply put, GO!

That rule is so stupid Im not even 18 and I have always gotten to ride te very back seat (ever since i was 15 which was when I was 6'2"). But then agian, i think it is more size then age. I mean if there was a 13-16 year old person that was very short then it would be a differnt story.

Age limits are so stupid

They do infact enforce it.

We were walking into line later in the day when ahead of us a mother,sister, and daughter got in the back car. The daughter couldn't have been older then 10.

The mother and daughter litteraly had the lap bar half way down when the ride op grabbed it, flung it back up, and told them to get out.

So that let us get on sooner.

That's the funny thing I found about the ride. The back car is hands down the best. However everyone seemed to stick to the front of the station. Almost like they were afraid of the back for some reason. :shock:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I wasn't blown away by Cyclops. "The Drop" is freaking insane, and the other couple pops of air are nice...but it's too short for me to rank it in my top 10 for woodies.

Of course, riding Cyclops after riding Balder probably didn't help...since Balder provides "The Drop" like airtime on EVERY hill!