TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Ok, I have to start off by saying what Frightfest is lacking, Holiday in the Park more than makes up for! If anyone has a chance to go, I highly reccomend it! Very good time last night! Great job Six Flags!

Now on with the update! Here ya go folks! According to some in park sources Giant's last piece of track went up yesterday and I have a few photos to share!

TPR1.jpg.b7dd490b20ae25d74771b75c41479526.jpg

Finally! They closed the gap!

TPR2.jpg.9bfac3cc307d1bfc2898651b23030e8f.jpg

It looks like the trains should fly right off the midcourse! CRAZY!

TPR3.jpg.74bf140e2c052e32e3b4a5cda84259b9.jpg

This view is just sick!

TPR4.jpg.e2cf729d7a81a5c1bf1b8168c382f036.jpg

This pretty much made my day!

TPR5.jpg.1d25d404c3c5eb182d7611aebf89a257.jpg

Just sexy!

TPR6.jpg.237d1a1eb6b3d125c3d030ae235de3de.jpg

Workers were on the transfer track.

TPR7.jpg.1dda7beb135a831ed440c41d731adf73.jpg

Here is the crane putting up that last piece!

TPR8.jpg.1550b29312301c7e9b91e1b89bf93441.jpg

Here is the view now...

TPR9.jpg.5e7660f86eb57491e83fa4b83017991e.jpg

and the same view (sorry about the lighting) back in March!

TPR10.thumb.jpg.57d9b6aa063905791453cce8a6b0c7dd.jpg

And another view of now...

TPR11.jpg.da81bb8cbcd1b8b7ed26758674b18e71.jpg

and back form March.

TPR12.jpg.e0b0f29f771fa815aa0577d372acdc7c.jpg

TPR13.jpg.1785ff50aea247793471f2635a75a217.jpg

not the best lighting but there is a giant orgy of track in there!

Just quickly looking at that first pic of the over bank makes me think of an overgrown mine ride the way it is steel on wood. Quite amazing none the least. Also, the before and after of the first drop makes the original look almost like it was a mere 30 or 40 degree drop, kinda weird............

Someone claimed there was airtime on the first drop of texas giant at one point on some seat somewhere somehow. I dont remember who it was. But i dont understand how that is physically possible unless the lift hill is over 20mph or so..

Yes, the old Giant did indeed have airtime on the first drop, particularly in the last car....my memory is foggy about any other seats, there was some air in the second to last car also. I never rode this one up front much.

texcoaster wrote:

OK, so now that we have all the track in place, we know what it looks like from a dozen different angles, and we have some idea of the height and projected speed... somebody needs to do this up in No Limits.

Jakizle, you up to it?

I've had the new Giant finished in No Limits for quite some time now. I just don't do the videos of it but I'd be glad to email to anyone who wants it.

Someone claimed there was airtime on the first drop of texas giant at one point on some seat somewhere somehow. I dont remember who it was. But i dont understand how that is physically possible unless the lift hill is over 20mph or so..

I actually used to think it had some air on the first drop too and yes, looking back at what it was it's pretty hard to believe.

Do you think we can have a before and after photo of a few sections.

I think that would be something cool to compare it to.

I was thinking of doing some then and now posts form my ridiculous archive I've built up all year. I have literally thousands of pics of the ride throughout this whole project. I'll see what I can work up this week.

I've had the new Giant finished in No Limits for quite some time now. I just don't do the videos of it but I'd be glad to email to anyone who wants it.

Maybe someone on here with No Limits could credit you and use your file to make a video of the NL model if you don't mind?

I don't know how to do it, but I would volunteer if I could.

With the train on the track I wonder are they going to do a B&M and just let her rip an hope for no problems or are they going the intamin route and take a few cars and do a full pull through?

Speaking of that is Intamin the only company that does pull throughs? seams like most of the other companies just let em rip their first run. I could be wrong but I don't think I've ever seen a B&M pull through.

Anyways here's the dippin dots guys info lol it said that SF is loving the way the Giant is turning out even before testing it, it's said they have already ok'd Rattler for their next project starting in 2011 and for Colossus 36 B-day in 2013 she'll be getting her makeover also. So if this true looks like SF has Rocky mountain locked in for projects for a few years. I was also told SOB would be brand new ride in 2012 so it looks like this Rocky mountain my be very busy over the next few years lol

TG looks awesome and I hope if any of these other projects are true they come out just as amazing looking

Anyways here's the dippin dots guys info lol it said that SF is loving the way the Giant is turning out even before testing it, it's said they have already ok'd Rattler for their next project starting in 2011 and for Colossus 36 B-day in 2013 she'll be getting her makeover also. So if this true looks like SF has Rocky mountain locked in for projects for a few years. I was also told SOB would be brand new ride in 2012 so it looks like this Rocky mountain my be very busy over the next few years lol

TG looks awesome and I hope if any of these other projects are true they come out just as amazing looking

Don't get me wrong, but I'm pretty sure employees most of time are left out the open to prevent leaks of information. I can't see a Dippin Dot's person at one theme park knowing about the corporate plans of another theme park 2-3 years ahead, even if it's run by the same people. Most of the time, they won't say anything to regular employees until something happens that requires them to do so, like construction. I will use Seaworld Parks and Entertainment for an instance, granted it's not six flags. The General Staff of Busch Gardens Tampa were left out in the air about Cheetah Hunt until about a month and a half in after construction started. Some employees knew because of the coaster communities and the leaked information, but management didn't tell any of them anything til after. Granted, this is Seaworld Parks and Entertainment, not Six Flags.

Not only that, he gave you information about parks owned by ANOTHER company.

I doubt you got creditable information there, obviously.

There was airtime on the old lift at the giant on the old trains with the extra car that ran the first year or so. The airtime went all the way up to the third car from the end. With the installation of the lift trim brake and the removal of the last car the airtime was pretty much limited to the last 3 seats.

I was just trying to be funny lol hehehehe hahaha you know when I said the dippin dots guy

I also hate saying "my source said" to me that comes off as being a smart A$$ who really doesn't know anything

This info is from old buddies who been in these communities for years and has had a very good track record, yes I do take their info very seriously, it's not 100% gospel but they been on the right track with their info plenty of times.