TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

My apt is less than a mile away from the park so I've been able to see he testing of skyscreamer, its the most unusual testing I have seen. There has not been any rotation just levitation and stopping in various spots and remaining there for hours at a tome.
They did the same thing with the one here at Fiesta Texas. Sometimes it would be up at the top for a while

So, plan on going to SFOT this weekend Saturday and possibly Friday night. Any idea what the crowds will be like?

Also, whats the best plan of attack? Im more than willing to get a Flash Pass.

Friday night should be pretty good. Its still school time and not travel season. As long as there isn't an event the queues shouldn't even be half full. The last few hours I'd say close to walk ons. Was there two weeks ago and 2 trains on freeze was the longest wait. I'm talking about night since you mentioned possible Friday night. As for Saturday its probably going to be packed for most of the day. Sfot is pretty busy on the weekends.

I have kids so I usually do their rides during the busy times and starting around 4 I go after the better stuff.

Looking through my photos to check to make sure the info is accurate on may 3rd I have walk on shock wave at 5:48 and 25 people or less waiting for titan at 2:18. Caddo lake barge 5:30 with only my wife and kids in line. 7:20 freeze with 3 train wait max. I need to start taking more photos but I don't like carrying an expensive camera.

I'm planning on going to the park tomorrow. I saw that there is supposed to be rain in the morning but that it should clear up later on. I imagine that it will be a relatively uncrowded day since school isn't out yet. Do any of you local folks have a better idea about the weather forecast? I just don't want it to rain all day.

I'd say temps should be around 60-70's tomorrow. It's 90 with a breeze today, but with storms coming in its gonna e a little cooler tomorrow. And yeah, shouldn't be too crowded. It's Wednesday and most of the schools are still in intil the end of the month.

As a side note, anybody know if NTAG is still running the continuous loading? And are they assigning seats or giving the options?

Just got back from the park. Took these photos of work being done Skyscreamer.

IMG171.thumb.jpg.cf7c6947d53bb60302af43b1e658c08d.jpg

Work continues on Skyscreamer's fencing.

IMG169.thumb.jpg.1ccb3770cd25760d28a2cc123ed0fb94.jpg

IMG165.thumb.jpg.c3d5df854804d4759965f669bb259ef7.jpg

The queue is just about done.

IMG164.thumb.jpg.d1fa261dd2b6a71cd7abe35622fce0f4.jpg

They kept raising and lowering the swings all day without any rotation.

IMG163.thumb.jpg.682e6df7805966411a69ecab09a661c8.jpg

IMG166.thumb.jpg.a2c54164053a2ff49e86301c7b7473e4.jpg

IMG170.thumb.jpg.f9140cb1eeb917e11cafeebbc5c9f376.jpg

IMG168.thumb.jpg.651c3ff8610f57055544ed66744dec2b.jpg

One more shot of queue work being done.

Great pictures! I decided not to go to the park today because the forecast last night looked bad. I'm going tomorrow instead! I'm not really big on SkyScreamers after being on the one at SFFT (I don't find it all that exciting), but I'm still looking forward to riding TSS. The height makes it seem a bit more thrilling.

Looks really nice! That is quite a large plot of land next to it where flashback was, plus the mini mall space too, so a new coaster is definately an option in the future. The ride looks amazing! Very tall! I can't wait to ride this!

Park security keeps telling me we're getting a wing rider like X-Flight.

Looks really nice! That is quite a large plot of land next to it where flashback was, plus the mini mall space too, so a new coaster is definately an option in the future. The ride looks amazing! Very tall! I can't wait to ride this!

Park security keeps telling me we're getting a wing rider like X-Flight.

Wonders me if any of the Classics, Titan, Batman The Ride, & Judge Roy Scream going to be removed!

I love JRS, even though it's kind of gone to crap in the past few years. However, I do agree that it's the most logical choice for removal when they decide they need more space. Any number of coasters would look fantastic along the lake, IMO. I only hope that they build another wooden coaster before they get rid of JRS. Since both big woodies in the state got the RMC treatment, it would be nice to have a woodie that stays that way lol.