TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst patrons?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst I've ever seen is, and I hate to say this, Busch Gardens Tampa. I'm not a particularly well traveled enthusiast, however, Busch Gardens is constantly filled with people who simply don't seem very interested in being there. I never see this at Disney, Universal, or even Sea World.

Of course, these are the people who always skip in lines, bounce basketballs, and generally act like idiots. It's quite sad really.

momo states the truth. SFA was definitely one of the most ghetto, most grimy parks I have ever been to. Sure, the entrance is all good and nice but once you get beyond that, it's just atrocious. Both the patrons and the park staff were terrible. We went up to a water slide and me and my friend looking at each other and at the same time said "Shouldn't there be someone up here?" There was no lifeguard no ride op, no one! A father came up with his son and proclaimed the same exact thing. We shrugged it off, waited a good 30-45 seconds between each other and went down. Once at the bottom, we explained to the lifeguard that was down there the situation at the top and he was simply said "oh, ok, thank you." Later on, we saw a few supervisors running around Hurricane Harbor and over the radios you could hear what appeared to be the head honcho yelling "How the hell did this happen?" Needless to say, someone got up there pretty quick, uh...I mean, they closed the ride. As for the patrons, there are no words.

So yeah, out of the parks that I've been to (not many), SFA ranks at the bottom. Oh yeah, let me add a picture of my wonderful day at SFA to show you the great ride ops at work.

1598933047_DSCF0505(Small).JPG.6fb409dae32f3dcf3628434b70a63f93.JPG

Ride op, locked and secured inside the train.

For me, one of the worst crowds at parks was Amarillos Wonderland. It was just 'trailer trash' as far as the eye could see. Little kids spitting, adults spitting, people peeing against the bathroom walls...it was bad.

I feel bad for SFA as I've been there over 10 times and never had one of those 'visits' you always read about!

Now if we talk about workers...Apathy = SFMM...I have maybe seen 3 or 4 workers EVER at that place that actually appear to give a damn!

Edited by SharkTums

While I almost always have a good experience at SFA, the crowds and ride ops really are bad. The loading rate is horrible, but since I've only been on a weekend once, in May, I'ven ever had much trouble with lines. But come on, 5 minutes to dispatch a Batwing train shows how much they care. And of course, there is that picture Robb has of the smoking ride op.

I totally agree with Elissa here. I've never had a bad visit to SFA.

Honestly the toughest crowds are probably at Great Adventure. Being located in Joisey inbetween Philly and NYC doesn't exactly help.

Don't get me wrong - Great Adventure has a lot of really great, awesome guests who are friendly and are there to have a good time... But once in a while there are groups of people just looking to cause trouble - and considering the parks location, it can't be all that suprising.

sfmm has THE most snobby tourist ever! they complain about the heat, they complain about when a SBNO ride is closed, they complain when they can't find a ride (too dumb to look at a map or ask someone), they complain about prices, they complain about EVERYTHING! i think they should call their groups CRYBABIES TOURING CALIFORNIA! But their not all bad, the ones from the UK are fun to talk to, and they don't whine half as much.

I don't think the patrons at gadv are too bad, but probably because I grew up around those crowds.

Off of the top of my head, the worst crowds I've encountered have been at SFA. There just seemed to be so many rowdy people and fights were breaking out at the end of the night!!

Mark "I still like SFA though!" Luskus

^ Really? I didn't expeirence that. The employees there weren't the most cheerful, but I didn't encounter anybody that rude.

Patrons=guests

The worst patrons I've encoutered were at PLK. The park was invaded by school groups and even the chaprones cut line. Also, Knott's and SFMM's crowds can be pretty bad on certain days.

The best I've encounted were at Lagoon. Everybody seemed to be well behaved and pretty frendly (then agian you encounter that anywere in Utah).

sfmm has THE most snobby tourist ever! they complain about the heat, they complain about when a SBNO ride is closed, they complain when they can't find a ride (too dumb to look at a map or ask someone), they complain about prices, they complain about EVERYTHING! i think they should call their groups CRYBABIES TOURING CALIFORNIA! But their not all bad, the ones from the UK are fun to talk to, and they don't whine half as much.

Whats that cool blue coaster over to the right? Closed.

Whats that cool yellow thing over to the left? Closed.

What about the big white L shaped coaster? Closed.

That green one back there? Closed.

The red tower on the hill? Closed.

The double tracked racing one? Open.. but not racing.

Great Escape in Lake George can sometimes have a bad crowd. It pretty much depends on how crowded it is. The worst person I ever saw: this woman who weighed at least 500 lbs in a tank top and cut-offs, and she had a homemade tattoo on her arm that simply said "SEX." I shudder even to think of the site of her.

While I never had a problem with the crowd at PGA, I've heard stories from the ride ops that they don't like to keep the park open after dark because they have a problem with gang fights. It's always reassuring to hear that. Then again, that was 2 years ago so they might not have that problem any more.

Whats that cool blue coaster over to the right? Closed.

Whats that cool yellow thing over to the left? Closed.

What about the big white L shaped coaster? Closed.

That green one back there? Closed.

The red tower on the hill? Closed.

The double tracked racing one? Open.. but not racing.

hahahahahahaha

dont forget

Why does that brown wooden one have no line....

10 mins later

Why does that brown wooden one have the most comfotable seats....

3 mins of pain and torture later

Why does that brown wooden one want to hurt me so bad!

Six Flags New Orleans HAD the worst guests, I swear to you.

There were groups of these ghetto kids, and I dont want to say its because they were black, but they were black. (Im not trying to be racist, here, people.)

Well, they were all dressed like thugs, and one from a group bumped into my brother and almost threw a punch at him. Well I, being supremely pissed, yelled at that idiot and told him if he ever tried it again id beat the living shiiiiiiittttteeeee out of him. I didnt hear from him again.

Last time I was at USH, there were a ton of jr./high school kids who looked like they had been dropped off with their pay-one-day-get-a-year pass. They were bored, not interested in the attractions, just hanging out with bad vibes. It was like Citywalk had moved inside the park.

That's my opinion, but what do I know, I'm just a Legoland soccer mom.

I have lived in Utah a year and have heard so many bad things about Lagoon that I haven't bothered to visit, although I'm sure sooner or later curiosity will get the better of me.

SFA and SFGADV...hands down. SFA has REALLY not improved over the years, no matter how many times I've tried to give it a chance. None of their rides are worth revisiting in my opinion and don't get me started on the GP there. Ride/Game ops could use a good slap on the ass to jumpstart their day every once in a while.

^ Really? I didn't expeirence that. The employees there weren't the most cheerful, but I didn't encounter anybody that rude.

Patrons=guests

O! Well worst Ride-Ops are Lagoons. I still even remember the ops that were yelling at people and calling them stupid. It was crazy.

For guests would have to be, Disney World or IOA. Maybe it was the time of year we went, but just everybody (except cast members) were just plain rude.

At IOA the Ride-Ops were, my vote, the friendliest.

I was suprised by this but our trip to the Lake yielded some pretty bad patrons, worse than what I encountered at Great Adventure and Magic Mountain! :shock:

(note that I hit both of those parks while school was in session locally )

Astroworld was probably the worst though, it had everything mentioned above from trailer trash to the hoodlums and on.