TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

8 Days, 90 Roller Coasters!

Hello,

In a few weeks Myself and 3 of my best friends will be partaking in a massive trip to hit 90 coasters in 8 days. This trip is 2 years in the making, with test trips through PA and New England over last summer to see what can and can not be done with our group. We are all very excited to go on this trip, and as I am the only one who is as obsessed with rollercoasters like everyone else on this website, I will be documenting it here on TPR!

Before we take off, I wanted to share a semi-final itinerary with the TPR community and see if there were any restaurant suggestions on the way. All the hotel reservations were made back in January, and tickets have already been purchased through my companies discounts affiliates (Plum Benefits and Working Advantage) Before you beat me up, we went to Busch Gardens in April, hence the exclusion from this trip!

Feel free to suggest anything, all comments are welcome and will be read with the group to discuss. Plan on a LOT of photos when we return, as well as a possible iMovie of the trip!

498502778_ScreenShot2015-06-26at5_17_34PM.thumb.png.d0195104e6190ee00a17b07f9395d695.png

Edited by Brassinthegrass

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually doing a similar trip over the next 2 weeks but in reverse - cedar point - kings island - Kentucky kingdom - holiday world - carowinds - dollywood - sfog - kings dominion - busch gardens. I might steal some of your dining or hotel ideas, and i didn't realise about the alpine coaster near dollywood. I notice it's open after dollywood closes for the evening, so I may make a stop off there.

If you like I can let you know about any particularly awesome things I find along the way.

Sounds great!!! Please post them here instead of PMing me so we can share with everyone!

We really should add a page to the Park Index with "local goodies from TPR members" it really would help a lot of people planning their trips I think!

Ok, it looks very well planned out. When do you plan on leaving Kings Island, and are you budgeting FL? I'm not sure what crowds are like but I do know that it is a very big park.

Also, I would say to get Fast Lane Plus at Cedar Point if you are only going to be there for a day.

Josh,

Our plan right now is to spend the morning/afternoon at Holiday world, then boogie over to Kings Park for night rides on at least Beast and Banshee (anything else will be gravy) than wake up the next morning, go for the early platinum entry time and finish up the rest of the park) than get to Cedar point to be able to spend the night before and the full day at the point.

We have discussed FP but will be playing it by ear.

Sorry for the double post...

We are looking for a brewery in Asheville, NC to hit up on Friday night while on our trip. It's our stop between a day at carowinds and a day at Dollywood.

Does anyone know of a good brewery in Ashville, possibly live music?

My friends and I stayed in Asheville between visiting those parks as well. While we were there, we hit up Wicked Weed Brewery. They are local and had a beer called Contingency Plan that I really took a liking to. I didn't get to try many of them, but most of their brews seem to be pretty hoppy which made for a lot of good IPA's. They also had some good food, but no live music while we were there.

Thanks everyone,

Chuck I looked at that website, great find man!

Has anyone been to Altamont, Wedge, or Highland Brewing Companies? All three have live music Friday night on our trip.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I you can fork out the money, Texas de Brazil is worth every penny. Its an all-you-can eat Brazilian steakhouse, and all the meat is cooked on an open fire. Theres beverages (which Ive never had) and a salad/appetizer bar that has some more meat and fish as well as interesting foods. There are several among your trip, including Washington DC, Nashville, Columbus, Pittsburg, etc (assuming you drive through some of these towns).

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/

Waffle House, there must be at least one Waffle House stop.

Sounds like a good trip.

Also, can you explain your suggestion for the Park Index so we can consider it. Did you mean "Other things to do in the area", because that is something that we did consider, but decided to focus more on the actual parks.

Waffle House, there must be at least one Waffle House stop.

QFT. If you're near a Waffle House at any time during this trip, and you most likely will be, you owe it to yourself to stop at one.

There will be a Waffle House stop... That is definite!

Larry,

Something along the lines of "local grub" I feel like we tend to find restaurants outside the park to be a nice break in the action, and 99% of the time, significantly less expensive... I feel like having a database of places that we have tried as TPR members, and know personally would be a nice addition to the Park Index!

• 3 weeks later...

Leaving tomorrow! All hotels are confirmed, with park views at Kings Dominion and Cedar Point! Not sure how much I will update during the actual trip, but I'll definitely post trip reports when I get back with LOADS of pictures! Just look at this weather report!

Wednesday 88 sunny

Thursday 87 party cloudy

Friday 91 partly cloudy

Saturday 89 mostly sunny

Sunday 91 AM thunderstorms (keep the crowds away!)

Monday 87 partly cloudy

Tuesday 82 mostly sunny

Wednesday 89 sunny

8 days of brews and coasters! What more could someone want?

Since you're schedule is so compact and non-weather pending, I might suggest riding the 'headliners' at each park right after the capacity monsters in case of maintenance issues or a storm. Such as riding Volcano at KD first, then straight to Intimidator 305 and riding NightHawk at Carowinds first, then straight to Fury 325. I've learned this the hard-way - better to be safe than sorry and get in rides just in case, especially on those Intamins!

Have a good trip!

EDIT: I realized you're doing Dollywood/Pigeon Forge on Saturday (checkin/checkout day for many of the cabins, hotels, ect.) - if traffic is bad on the main Parkway, use Veterans Blvd (Dollywood is on this road) and take an alternative route until you get out of Sevierville.

A recommendation: Blue Ash Chili instead of Skyline Chili by Kings Island. There's a location right down the street. it's light years better than Skyline and a non-chain restaurant (which is always a plus).

Other than that, have fun!

We were going to hit Blue Ash, but they are closed on Sunday's, and mo day we're going to wake up, hit the rest of kings island that we didn't do the night before so we can bee line for cedar point and have a night and a day there!

A recommendation: Blue Ash Chili instead of Skyline Chili by Kings Island. There's a location right down the street. it's light years better than Skyline and a non-chain restaurant (which is always a plus).

Other than that, have fun!

We were going to hit Blue Ash, but they are closed on Sunday's, and mo day we're going to wake up, hit the rest of kings island that we didn't do the night before so we can bee line for cedar point and have a night and a day there!

Ahhh, gotcha. That's a shame. Oh well!

Well the trip is finished. I'm sitting in the car on the Pennsylvania Turnpike back to New York. Final coaster could was 71. I hit my 100th (Shockwave at KD) and 150th (Mine Train) coaster! Trip reports will be up over the next few days. I have them all written up but need to collect all the pics from the group. These will be some MASSIVE trip reports! For now, 300 more miles back home!