TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Pilgrimage To The Point

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To put this simply i need more trip report!

This park is so awesome it doesn't matter how many times i have been there i love reading about the first time visits people have. I have only got Fast Lane once at any park and it was CP on a Saturday last season. We had one day and it made the day so relaxing and fun.

Thanks everyone!

I completely forgot to mention how I had to be stapled into Wicked Twister.

I know there has been some talk of people not fitting into this ride, and while I had no problems with really anything all weeknd (except for one I'll get to on Sundays report), I almost didn't fit here. They had to have two ops give the restraint a really good push and then I managed. I'm 6'2 about 225 right now (Ooof, it hurts to type that) and as my other half says I'm "all belly" meaning thats where I carry my weight, and probably why I have no issues with any other rides.

I did have a brief moment of panic that I might have to walk-of-shame WT.

Another great installment to your trip report. I enjoy reading first timer's visit to my home park and their reviews of the coasters.

I, too, prefer Possessed (actually when it used to be Superman Ultimate Escape/Steel Venom when it was here at SFWoA/Geauga Lake as I also prefer the straight spike with the holding brake), and I wonder are the seat belts not as restrictive at Dorney as they are on Wicked Twister?

When I rode V2 at SFGAm back in 2012 I had no problem with the restraints and seat belts. I almost couldn't fit on WT.

^ I had absolutely no problem with Possessed in any seat I tried and we rode it a bunch all over the train the one time I was there last year. We'll be there again this Sunday so we'll see if that's still the case. I'm excited to ride it now to compare to WT.

Wicked Twister has the most ridiculous restraints of any coaster I know of. You see people walk off of it on every cycle and they're generally not large people. The other impulse coasters don't seem to have this problem at all, I'm really not sure why Wicked Twister's restraints are so unforgiving.

Wicked Twister has the most ridiculous restraints of any coaster I know of. You see people walk off of it on every cycle and they're generally not large people. The other impulse coasters don't seem to have this problem at all, I'm really not sure why Wicked Twister's restraints are so unforgiving.

Ditto. I had lost over 30lbs in 2013 and fit onto Possessed comfortably, but when I visited CP over the summer and tried to ride WT, it wasn't even close. Wasn't worth a "stapling" attempt, I just got off and let my ex ride haha.

This overall is a fantastic trip report, and it helps me relive memories from my 2013 vacation, too (I also stopped at Kennywood). I'm sad you didn't try Exterminator out, though. Is it the spinning that gets you? I LOVED it when I went - the themeing really brings it up another level. I've ridden bare-boned clones of the coaster itself (Ragin' Cajun, Funcoaster) after it, and it amazes me how much the themeing really elevated that ride.

I don't like spinning coasters, I don't really like spinning anything - I did Ragin Cajun and despised it, and knowing Exterminator gets long lines (tho to be fair we never even checked) it just wasn't a priority. We just didn't have a ton of time (less than 5 hours) and my priorities were Phantom, SkyRocket, Bayern Curve and the three woodies, and I am happy that we did them. We did Paratrooper as the other half loved those rides as a kid and Garfields we just jumped on for some total randomness as we were leaving the park.

I literally *just* got word from the missus that she has to go to Pittsburgh for work the first week of June 2016. Guess who is going to be going with her!?!?

^ I really need to get back there for Maverick too. I'll say it again: why aren't there more of these!?!

^^ I really thought MaXair & Paratrooper would each get me w/ the spinning but I hardly noticed it on MaXair and we'll just say the Paratrooper cycle ended when it should have lol. I can't think of anything else we did all weekend that had any type of spinning. Its a shame because I could ride anything as a kid but I had a bad ride on the teacups @ Moreys about 15 years back, my body told me I couldn't do those kinds of rides anymore.

LOL there are so many more pictures to go through and I don't know if all the traveling caught up with me or what but I woke up feeling awful yesterday (at least it wasn't before this trip). Trying to rest up for C4Ks on Sunday. Going to try to find some time to get the last days report up - hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Hang in there!

Sunday was different than Saturday but most definitely FUN!

Day Three (Sunday):

Last Rides and Farewell to the Mecca

I only got waaaay into coasters/theme parks in 2013, so I've only visited most of my regional parks at this point, therefore actually making this trip out to the coaster capital of the world already felt like a dream by now. I am fully aware I have an envious line-up at my home park, but staying on-site, and immersing ourselves in this total "experience" worked out to be way more mind blowing that I had expected. The previous two days had been a blurry rush of unending fun, the second day somehow better than the first. So that explains why I had a terrible nights sleep. The bed was perfectly cozy but how can you sleep when you get to do all of that once again!?

After two full days we all agreed to set the alarms a little later for Sunday morning. Didn't matter to my brain as I was up and on the balcony, sipping a Gatorade and gazing out at Lake Erie just after 7am. Eventually, slowly, the rest of our group arose, thankfully, as I was making early entry even if I had to go alone. The ladies took their time getting up and ready, Tom and I were out the door at quarter til 9, stopping at Starbucks downstairs again for our morning jolt, before we joined the even-longer-than-yesterday line forming at the resort gate.

Yesterday we agreed today's early entry would be spent at Millennium, but after my just average ride on it combined with my ecstatic reaction to Maverick, I had a one track mind. Tom really wanted to go to Millennium but I convinced him to take one lap on Maverick since it was closer, then we'd head to Millennium.

We arrived to a practically empty station and went right for the back row. Did I mention this ride is amazing? I could gush on about it all day but if you've been following along you know it's my favorite steel so we'll just leave it at that. Upon leaving the station Tom got a text from Coasterbill saying he was at Millennium and it was stuck on the lift. This was one of the best things to happen all weekend because of course we walked around for another lap on Maverick (if you're counting we're up to 5 laps this weekend). So yeah. It's the best.

We also got in touch with the ladies who by now had gotten ready and out of the hotel and decided they would head toward Gatekeeper for early entry (they both LOVED this coaster). I don't think I mentioned this in the report for Saturday but throughout the day we talked to a few different people who told us they tried to get FL+ and it had sold out. Knowing this and expecting more good weather on Sunday we wanted to get ours first thing to get it out of the way. 'Big spenders' you might say, but we budgeted all of this into our trip because we didn't drive all this way to stand in line all weekend. It would have been great if we wound up not having to splurge on these, but if Sunday was anything like Saturday we knew the lines would be loooooong. We met up with the ladies in front of Dragster and stopped back into Speed Zone (EXTREME COASTER GEAR!!!) to grab our bracelets for the day.

Sundays general mission was to check out all of the rides we missed on day one, between stopping back at what were our favorites the day before. We had even drawn up a short list of the rides we missed so we had a loose plan of where we wanted to head. We had attempted Iron Dragon at one point yesterday but it has no FL line and the regular was longer than we were willing to wait so we figured we would get it out of the way early today. We were able to walk right on. This is my first Arrow suspended coaster. I had always wanted to ride Big Bad Wolf at BGW, but obviously that opportunity is long gone. This was fun but a little underwhelming, and easily the oldest feeling/sounding ride in the entire park. Very noisy anti-roll backs, the whole thing just felt old and rickety. They could do without the OTSRs, no? The best part is the helix over the lake and Dragsters' break run. One and done, we didn't come back here.

Since it is basically right next door and had no line we hopped back on Rougarou. As I said yesterday this didn't blow us away but its a solid floorless coaster and rounds out the parks line-up nicely. The wait was 5 minutes and it was fun to give it another spin. It looks and rides great, and it made me happy I didn't have to ride any stand-ups this weekend.

After two very full days combined with getting right out of bed and onto these rides today, we all agreed we needed a real, sit down breakfast. We decided to stop back at the hotel and check out Perkins. I had hoped to get a ride on the Cedar Point Lake Erie Railroad at some point this weekend, so we thought we would take it over to Mean Streak from here and then walk to the resort entrance. That section of the train ride offers some amazing views of Millennium and Maverick so we snapped some photos and got lucky enough to have a Millennium train fly past us as we crawled along the first drop.

After a quick stop in our room we popped downstairs to Perkins right inside the hotel lobby and were seated immediately. Great service, everyone really enjoyed their food. I had some variation of the "Hungry Man Special" cause that's how I roll. Eggs, biscuit, potatoes, bacon, two kinds of sausage, etc etc. Yum. Sorry, no pictures. We were too busy stuffing our faces.

After another quick stop in the hotel room after breakfast to grab some beers, we headed back to the resort entrance as it was time to take on the worlds first ever hypercoaster, Magnum XL200. I was excited and reluctant since everyone says the airtime is awesome, but complains the restraints are painful. The missus sat this one out (too big, no OTSR's, blah blah) and the other three of us were basically able to walk right on to the first car, 2nd and 3rd rows. I don't know if it was where we sat or what but I freaking LOVED this ride! Hands down one of the highlights of my entire weekend, I was blown away at how awesome this thing rode. Totally jarring insane awesome airtime hills, especially in the tunnels when you can't see them coming but I had a blast riding this. I had the same reaction riding this as I did riding Wildcat at Hershey last year ("I don't understand why people dislike this ride so much!!") The lapbars didn't bother me in the slightest.

As we wandered back into the Gemini midway figuring out what to do next we decided to give Pipe Scream a try. The missus actually waited with us and at the last second walked out of line, she thought it spun too much and didn't want to waste a perfectly good breakfast. I on the other hand somehow convinced myself the spinning wouldn't bother me, and luckily I was right. This was my first of these disko rides, and it was here we ran into the bottom of the barrel in terms of CP employees. This little snot nosed kid who had to be no older than 16 was running the FL line aka the Pipe Scream nazi with his little clip board barking at guests. This kid also needs a lesson in deodorant - he kept walking through our line and we had to hold our breath anytime he passed us. This kid was the worst. Anyways, we had our little Pipe Scream ride and it was fun, spinning didn't bother me. One and done. Great ride for kids.

So leading up to this weekend Tom and I had talked about how he was going to get me on my first Sling Shot ride. I've always been hesitant to ride these as not only are they usually a ridiculous upcharge, but something about being strapped to a ball at the end of a couple cables flying hundreds of feet through the air makes me uneasy. As mentioned after breakfast we stopped back to the hotel for some beers as I definitely needed some liquid courage to even go near that thing. Luckily after Pipe Scream we noticed Sling Shot had no wait at all (read: no time to chicken out) and Tom gave me that look. It's time.

OK, just like ripping a band aid off - let's just get it over with. We plunked down the $25 a piece and into the queue we went. I had noticed earlier in the day while passing this ride that the ops gave real "3, 2, 1" countdowns to some guests, and faked out other folks with half a countdown or none at all. Like an idiot, I made the mistake of asking the ops to give me a legit countdown so of course they didn't!

Because we just spent a combined $50 to ride this we didn't buy the on-ride video, but my sister managed to get a clip of us from the ground. Not sure if I'll be able to squeeze the vid into my pics below so I'll just put that here. Go ahead, have a laugh at my expense. Toms' cackle on the way down is my favorite part. If you listen closely just after they launch us, you can hear me let out a nice tasty expletive as we go airborne, to which a little girl just off camera responds "oh he was cussin!" Of course I was! Apologies to the kids (and their parents) standing around watching, but I have no filter.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Shooting up isn't so bad, its coming back toward the ground at top speed head first that really gets ya. Out of everything we did all weekend I was most terrified to ride this and white knuckled the entire time (even with a brain full of beer) but I'm glad I did it. If these weren't so expensive I would totally do it again. Just not today.

At this point we still had a few coasters we still had not done and the nearest was the one I had a sense of dread about riding all weekend - Mean Streak. While it looks amazing, I've heard mostly bad things about this ride. We had such good luck with all these old woodies all weekend (TWSS?). Once again we were lucky to be able to walk right on. We sat in the 2nd car first row and like an idiot I attempted to go hands up. The first thing I said after we got off was "whose got a match?" followed by "let's go get more beer". That should say it all. This ride is horrible, only the missus seemed to kinda like it, I'm guessing because she sat forward with her back off the seat holding on for dear life. The trims on the first drop are hilarious, but I can't imagine how insanely rough this would have been without them. When the ride continued after the mid-course we were all horrified. I hope when I visit the park again this thing is gone or RMC'd or whatever. I'll never step foot near it again in it's current state.

On our newfound quest for alcohol we stopped nearby at the Last Chance Saloon, where we all grabbed beers except Tom who ordered a moonshine. I wish I had because that shit was delicious! Our bartenders here were twin sisters (totally blanking on the names) and they were awesome. I don't know if its because its early in the season or what, but everyone really seems to like working here. So far we loved all the ops and employees we encountered save for that Pipe Scream nazi.

We were now ready for something awesome to make up for the awfulness that is Mean Streak so we decided to take our beers and moonshine to go and head toward the Cedar Point Lake Erie Railroad to get back over to Millennium Force. This trip on the train was even better, with all of the animatronics back in the woods along the tracks. We loved this, I wish we got more photos.

Upon disembarking the missus went off to shop while the other three of us gave this awesome Intamin machine another spin. I have to say I definitely enjoyed my ride more than yesterday as I went into it with lower expectations and just took it for what it is. It's a great ride, but again, it's all about the height of that first drop and the speed it keeps up throughout the entire course. Nice floater airtime on the two big hills. I just want to make it clear that I do enjoy this ride, but it still had yet to give me that OFMGBESTEVER type of reaction.

It was now late afternoon and after three very full days of walking and riding all of us we're fighting exhaustion. We agreed it was time to take it down a notch, stop back at the hotel, and grab some real dinner from somewhere. On our way back to the resort entrance we noticed Corkscrew and said "screw it, let's give it a go". This thing looks GREAT over the midway but just like Mean Streak, this ride was horrible. There is just nothing to it - the drop is tiny and boring, the airtime hill is weird and jarring, the vertical loop was almost painful and the transition into the corkscrews made me want off. Luckily that's all there is and we were safely back on the breakrun. One and done, and never again. And that's all I have to say about that.

After this ride and our collective need for sustenance, I think we were all a little cranky. While trying to walk around a giant group of "let's stop in the middle of the midway for no reason at all" folks I accidentally half-stepped off the edge of the concrete and rolled my ankle pretty bad so my frustration level went through the roof. Tom was trying to get us to go back to Dragster for another lap but I was having none of it. I needed to sit and I needed to eat. Corkscrew had pushed me over the edge, and for the first time all weekend I was coastered out.

Myself and the ladies relaxed back at the hotel while Tom raced for the sky, and with a beer in my hand and ice on my ankle I was starting to feel better. We agreed that since we missed it last night, that for dinner we should head down to the Lakeside Pavilion to check out the BBQ/craftbeer fest. Glad we did as it was awesome. For $15 you got 15 tickets and with 1 ticket you could try a 4oz sample of any beer/hard cider or a small sample platter of food, while 3 tickets would get you a full sized beer or a full meal with sides and all. They also had a table with an array of different BBQ sauces to top off whatever you got. Very nice. We hung out here a while and tried a whole bunch of stuff - nachos, ribs, pulled pork, BBQ chicken, fried catfish, potatoes, etc etc. I think we all liked everything we tried.

The entrance to the Lakeside Pavilion is right next to the beach entrance to the park and also Windseeker, which we had not yet done and Tom and I agreed we wanted to try since we love the Sky Screamer at our home park. We spotted a non-existent FL line so we ran over while the ladies finished their craft beers. I have to say this ride was very underwhelming. If you have a fear of heights I imagine this would be terrifying but that's not something that bothers either of us at all. The Sky Screamers' seats are much more minimal (read: unnerving) and the fact that the chains holding up those seats allow them to literally swing in the wind really ups the intimidation factor. All of that was lost on this ride. It does offer a great view of the park and lake but honestly, I think we were both bored to tears. Really short cycle too. Well, at least I can say I've ridden a Windseeker and it didn't break down lol.

From here we got some more beers to go and took a nice evening stroll down the boardwalk to the resort entrance and Tom and I couldn't pass up a chance to jump on Magnum again. Once again we sat in the 2nd row and once again this ride was amazing. I seriously don't understand the disdain for this, it was easily one of my favorite coasters we rode all weekend. Insane airtime on the return, those bunnyhops in the tunnels are just ludicrously fun.

My favorite flat is the Screaming Swing @ Morey's, so knowing Cedar Point has the tallest installation of this ride in the world I had to get on before days end. So we once again headed back into Frontiertown for Skyhawk. We had a one cycle wait and while the cycles are very short on this ride, it did not disappoint. I absolutely love these rides and this was just like the one at Morey's, only on crack.

Since its right next door and we hadn't even really noticed it all weekend, we gave the Cedar Creek Mine Ride a shot. Most of the rides back here seemed to have a very short wait around this time (everyone at dinner maybe?) so again we basically walked right on. And after sitting down and pulling the restraint down, I *almost* walked right off. Seems all 6 restraints in each car are on the same mechanism and they couldn't get our cars to close, because of my fat ass. But kudos to the ops there, they instructed me to cross my legs and tuck them under the seat. Not exactly comfortable, but once they leaned on my lapbar good and hard they got the all clear and off we went. Typical mine train, some painfully sharp turns, generally just chugs along, not much to report. Runaway Mine Train at my home park is still my favorite.

You know it's basically impossible at this point to be in this area of the park and not attempt another lap on Maverick, right? So that's what we did. The FL line was much shorter than it was in the afternoon Saturday, we got on fairly quickly - maybe 10 minutes or so. My sixth and final lap on this beauty and it was just as amazing as the 5 that came before it. I'm in love.

It was well past 8pm, the sun was setting and my feet were literally burning from walking all weekend. Combined with the mild ankle injury and just flat out exhaustion, I was almost ready to throw in the towel and spend the night in the room. Someone in our group suggested another ride on Gemini, and since we loved it so much on Saturday we gave it another go. It was fairly dead in the station and they were only running one side so without the racing factor I feared it would lose some of its luster. The missus and I boarded and behind us we had a mom taking her very young daughter on for the first time. This lap was made great simply by listening to this little girls reaction of the ride. It's a very underrated coaster and one of the surprises of the entire three days.

We were literally running out of park time now so based on suggestions from here and elsewhere, Tom and I wanted to get a night ride in on Millennium so we headed that way while the ladies headed to Gatekeeper to get a few more rides in. Millennium looks incredible at night, and given that most of it is in an area of the park that is wooded with very little light, I had a good feeling about our final ride of this whirlwind weekend.

We arrived to no FL line so we jumped right in at the merge point and only waited a few minutes before we were in the station. We had a debate over whether we would go once again for the back of the train or attempt a first row ride. By the time we boarded it was about 9:50, the sky had finally gotten completely dark. We decided to go for the back as the wait was less and maybe we could run around for a second lap before they closed off the line @10pm. Knowing this would likely be our last rides of the weekend we were HYPED and starting "slow claps" that the entire station would join in on. Everyone was hyped, even the ops (excited to get done work probably lol)!

As we ascended into the darkness on the lift, it was almost as if Millennium said to me "Oh you were underwhelmed by me this weekend? Let me show you what I've really got!"

I don't know if it was because it was the end of the day and she was really warmed up, or if it was the fact that I couldn't see anything in front of me but this was one of the most insane OMFGBESTEVER rides I've had on any ride ever. This coaster went from "pretty good" to "balls out amazing" just by shutting the sun off. We were absolutely tearing through that course, getting completely ripped around the curves, totally flying up and out of my seat on the big hills, and I even felt a small bit of ejector air over the bunnyhill next to the station. And I took a mufflehead to the forehead that felt like a tiny bullet. Still better than eating it.

Lucky for us we returned to the station with just a few minutes til 10, and we ran (well, I hobbled on my gimp ankle) back around to the front and were able to hop back in line with an even shorter wait. Back of the train once again, more slow claps, more hooting and hollering, more OMFGBESTEVER. This really is one of the best coasters ever made. I wanted to reach out and touch the track while apologizing for my misunderstandings earlier in the weekend.

We didn't even bother with an attempt at lap 3 - instead just wandering back through the park to the hotel, only stopping to satisfy a sudden craving for lemonade and take a few photos, basically taking a big giant deep breath and taking it all in one last time.

This was the weekend of my dreams and it had come to an end. I ended it by not being sad it was over but by being thankful I had the opportunity to actually get out to this amazing park and completely immerse myself in it for two full, incredible days. We paid an obscene amount of money for our room and for FL+ passes for two days but when (notice I didn't say if) I get back to this park I will do it all again the same way. I have to shout out my bro-in-law Tom for without him none of this would have even happened, and for taking the majority of pictures in this report. Shouts also to Coasterbill and your other half, and all the other people we met over the course of the weekend - from ops, to bartenders, to hotel staff, to other guests in lines with us - you all had a huge part in making our trip extra special. I'm still buzzing about it almost two weeks later.

There's really not much else to report. We did stop by the firepits and took a short stroll on the beach Sunday night before turning in and were up and out and back on the road by 9am on Monday for the very long 8 hour drive back to Philly.

The regrets are few and far between: We didn't hit ALL the coasters, we didn't ride the SkyRide (Coasterbill is gonna crucify me for this), we never ate a Beaver Tail or Elephant Ears, we didn't do the Power Tower "up" side, we didn't drink more delicious moonshine, we didn't do the pool, the beach or the water park, none of the water rides, and we should have ridden Magnum, Blue Streak, Gemini and Raptor a few more times. We walked right past the coaster museum saying we'd come back but never did. I also never managed to find rad Maverick or Millennium magnets (I did get a cool Gatekeeper one). All reasons to return.

If you live near this park, consider yourself very lucky. If you haven't been, make it happen. And go all out. If you like roller coasters and thrill rides this is your Disneyland. The holy grail. The center of our universe. The mecca. Don't hesitate to splurge and make it relaxing, comfortable and convenient. It may be 8 hours away from me but after this weekend I'll always consider this park a home away from home.

I don't know when, but I'll see you again, Cedar Point.

Ride totals/ratings

Maverick 3x (11/10)

Millennium 3x (10/10)

Magnum 2x (10/10)

Skyhawk 1x (10/10)

Gemini 1x (9/10)

Rougarou 1x (8/10)

Sling Shot 1x (7/10)

Pipe Scream 1x (7/10)

Iron Dragon 1x (6/10)

Windseeker 1x (6/10)

Cedar Creek Mine Ride 1x (5/10)

Corkscrew 1x (3/10)

Mean Streak 1x (1/10)

Big thanks to everyone for following along and commenting!

For more of my adventures make sure to check out my blog (link in sig). Til next time...

And the final set of photos...

(everyone give Tom a hand for the majority of these)

01.gif.549b349fc8a2cf26419bc0aae4631a00.gif

Sunday morning worship

02.jpg.7c55f9ee20a5aac651c1aa3c4bd3dc12.jpg

Time for some swinging

03.jpg.668e1c89a71160220c8fba3bcfd4ce21.jpg

04.jpg.ad85a922f825b5083e7fd643ecf35b6b.jpg

Station selfies

05.jpg.c2e006c65a13a9608f41eba4925acb9c.jpg

A passing Millennium train we caught while riding the Cedar Point Lake Erie Railroad

06.jpg.ded049d251cf25423989cafed44b5f58.jpg

Which also offers some great views of Maverick

07.jpg.b8aab0de9df65090d4838238ca454eda.jpg

08.jpg.200335114002cf33b97afa8a3a9acc05.jpg

Not only is it an amazing ride it looks beautiful from every angle

09.jpg.2713697f6351f5f85a85a47b292036a2.jpg

10.jpg.ab5d1c91dbb36834631aded9191efece.jpg

I love all the Peanuts themeing

11.gif.b3c8a5108dcbbb8866d731258173f125.gif

FYI Dragster was having structural issues so they installed a 500ft Snoopy to hold it up

12.jpg.7e46e1c1911a656718d6dc8f62b7269d.jpg

Magnum!

13.jpg.34efd2c4acb4b6d63359010e7649ed25.jpg

Loved this coaster

14.jpg.3b02c731da0d2e06eee522c25c8c7969.jpg

Sundays' FL+ and re-entry stamp

15.jpg.f5d81b09775b736ce8a412790faaa08a.jpg

Gettin our Magnum on

16.jpg.1bbc16ff8e110e2128fc2433e16202ea.jpg

17.jpg.6d86dd7820a9e5da90fbd676bf49e711.jpg

Pipe Scream was fun, I guess

18.jpg.0ee3a3bac6519392f15b2a17fe89d88f.jpg

Approaching with caution

19.jpg.a9a4e2349a1e01744142aac04752d499.jpg

Conspiring ride ops

20.jpg.10462003559f8fa763e528e8a963a89d.jpg

F*$K!!!!!!!

21.jpg.4917a09bfd7ed83b96b5e5421cc868a3.jpg

Get me outta this thing

22.jpg.adf26f33304e18a3cd78628bcbceaf7f.jpg

Girls in the front are happy to be alive

23.jpg.84be31eb794d3256207ef5ee802a8b56.jpg

Oh man

24.jpg.25aac3fe37a815c15ed9a039d4f066bf.jpg

Kill it with fire

25.jpg.bf306c84fa430f6ba92fbb11dd13f606.jpg

Moonshine!

26.jpg.43825ac92d9f15a56a665c17e961d5f8.jpg

Delicious!

27.jpg.da71e92f05750ac28b6444b76553f240.jpg

YOLO moonshine

28.jpg.a7054f3663fadfc8e3b9f2b774127ead.jpg

I wish we got more photos from the train

29.jpg.4367adb0e3d3873fa42f4f31bb680ef4.jpg

Definitely a must-do

30.jpg.242d9d0d257210470efaf943b6f508df.jpg

31.jpg.f29eee4fff5789fcfca9e6903c976c88.jpg

Hey Judy!

32.jpg.bb5bf86cda92a1023226598f237e1867.jpg

Back again

33.jpg.63b6f2ae189dc31302239513e599d4a3.jpg

Lazer cat joined me for my rides today

34.gif.ce5382d8baef5a831cdaf00932d57fdc.gif

Feeling hopeful, riding solo

35.jpg.f3fd13d015f63049bd720cb5fbe983d2.jpg

Ugh

36.jpg.c9f25cf7e390c31c99ddcff9705d6218.jpg

Enthusiastic ride ops working one of the worst rides in the park

37.jpg.229a55f55d24db3d4bdccd8ee37b8f6a.jpg

They could take this out use the space to put in a Maverick clone

38.jpg.a591576fdb9dcd7328bef56860a41841.jpg

No happy faces

39.jpg.0cc5ed01aa5148170846d809a7dac212.jpg

Tom got his Dragster on again Sunday afternoon

40.jpg.8963b96e76b6453d91a81bae8ec48370.jpg

41.jpg.a6657994d9755ff5aa4193f7cc94c7a1.jpg

43.jpg.bf63b53a62627216815218b764895aae.jpg

44.gif.f7e52981d01ba98711430b002e331062.gif

BBQ/Beer fest

45.jpg.be449bec609c6bb61869adb0c23b989b.jpg

46.jpg.c501037727c0f03269af9fde0d99d2d1.jpg

Beach bums

47.jpg.0482104263a0de237c0e5b4bf493619c.jpg

Back again. Looks like someone is tired of waiting.

48.jpg.a757037069aa283200d6e6e99cd40fa9.jpg

"themeing"

49.jpg.ef54db16bcd5ae71de63b09809bb8d13.jpg

50.jpg.03654ade68e124b6ff0359d1e6dc9fd1.jpg

I couldn't find a single T-shirt I liked all weekend

51.jpg.9137e9a8e941dc4b521bad8ae25c9370.jpg

Holy Toledo!

52.jpg.c8e7a94967bfd11b0eeb8659f00cbd25.jpg

So underrated

53.jpg.b4a193281086a29945ab6447be287d1d.jpg

54.jpg.8188a2bcad5e8d424fa6f3be287e72d4.jpg

Beautiful

55.jpg.2ef2f5dcee868dc4f3f9c39b8c040cdd.jpg

56.gif.f3be99e039fdee8c1dcb10429624a1d2.gif

57.jpg.fdf2d8a277fe91f3d97f4b5f65f3e845.jpg

Night rides changed everything

58.jpg.e108542f56c86994303a9158345d8c2a.jpg

59.jpg.39fa57b508bb9c24f1f6065048fedccc.jpg

Snoop!

60.jpg.7193fa5d81f6d63074bc1ba6c083ac2d.jpg

Contrary to popular belief Boldikus is not my real name

61.jpg.4dcdd7b33b5dd7f769677d979453460c.jpg

The morning after...

62.jpg.a11ec35ad4c193911c50fb87d96c4361.jpg

IMG_7211.JPG.f8aa0382aafed9cd2117ae02e544b9a8.JPG

IMG_7208.JPG.e1391aa0639823536fd2653ad18f4fc6.JPG

Edited by boldikus

One of the best trip reports i have read. I've been on SlingShot at Kings Island many times, its fun but kind of meh to me. Usually if you're close to them in the morning you can get on for as low as $5 each. SkyScraper is where it is at if you really want to scare yourself. The head first dives are insane. I'm glad you guys had an awesome weekend. It is pretty amazing and a testament to how good of a park Cedar Point is, two days there and there is still a lot left to do and experience even with FL+.

Great report and pictures! I'm glad Cedar Point lived up to the hype (I know it does for me), and I'm glad you got some great night rides on Millennium Force... it really is an amazing ride.

we didn't ride the SkyRide (Coasterbill is gonna crucify me for this)

If you go to Cedar Point and you don't ride the Sky Ride then it's almost like you never went to Cedar Point at all ... that's good news for you though since now you have to go back. Luckily I think Brit and I rode it enough for everyone in the 3 days we were there (I'm not even kidding, we probably rode it like 15 times). They move the line so fast that we NEVER bother walking the main midway. Not counting early entry I think we only walked down that midway once in the 3 days we were there and that's because we wanted to ride Blue Streak. Every other time we took the Sky Ride.

The way I look at is that it's a great ride, but more importantly every ride on the Sky Ride is a little less pain our legs will be in on day 3. We synced our Fitbits when we got home and ended up with like 80,000 steps in 3 days, and thats with all those Sky Ride rides.

^ Yeah Tom had a step counter going all weekend and we walked a ridiculous amount of distance over the three days. I forget what the numbers were, maybe he'll chime in?

It is pretty amazing and a testament to how good of a park Cedar Point is, two days there and there is still a lot left to do and experience even with FL+.

Exactly this. It's hard to be sad about missing anything considering everything we did get to do all weekend.

I love reading your Trip Reports. I am Really happy you enjoyed cedar point so much. It is a big park

with so much to take in. Like you stated i really liked Wildcat at Hersey and don't understand why so many people hate on it. Since you have been to my home park its now time for me to get out to yours.