TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I have been there many times (as it is my home park), I feel this way about Dorney, and I kind of feel guilty about it. But none of the coasters at Dorney really impress me, and I'm not really much of a flat ride person as I can't tolerate spinning or swinging. I would definitely drive by with no intention to go in, just thinking "meh...."

Pretty much all CNL parks

They basically have complete control over the theme park markets in huge economies like Seattle and Denver, yet they never expand their parks.

None of the parks were that good before CNL took the reigns.

I've actually felt like this at Disneyland. Although, we got there 2 hours later than I thought, and the park was literally at its busiest. We couldn't even get a ride on It's a Small World because there was an hour-long wait- and that was the shortest line. The only saving grace I had was my friend's goofiness keeping everyone entertained while we waited 2 hours for PoTC.

Pretty much all CNL parks

They basically have complete control over the theme park markets in huge economies like Seattle and Denver, yet they never expand their parks.

Same here. They look like decent fun, but nothing too special and not worth going to unless you are in the area. Even though these parks don't have much competition, you're expected to innovate in today's amusement park industry and the CNL parks just don't do that.

I feel this way about Six Flags over Texas. It's such a horrible park, even for Six Flags. Sure, they have NTaG, but their operations kill EVERYTHING. I mean, 45 minutes for Titan and the line is only in the station? Come on. All of their policies are based on fear of another accident. No single riders in the last row with no signs saying so, and a lot of their ride ops are extremely rude when enforcing it. How ridiculous can this place get?

Frontier City

Magic Springs

Michigans Adventure

Mount Olympus

Elitch Gardens

La Ronde

Walibi Belgium

Walibi Rhone-Alpes

Belantis

Parque de Atracciones de Madrid

Adventure Island (UK)

Oakwood Theme Park

Martin's Fantasy Island

Happy Valley Shenzhen

World Joyland

Nigloland

Adlabs Imagica

Genting Highlands

Marineland Canada

Sea World Gold Coast

Every park in Ukraine

I thought of Dorney immediately though I do kind of like the park. The only original rides in the park that have any real character are Demon Drop and Thunder Creek Mountain (I know I praise these rides a lot but they deserve it).

Since the OP mentioned parks you haven't been to and have no desire to go to I immediately think of Michigans Adventure. Worlds of Fun and Valleyfair seem very similar to Dorney so I'd group them in too.

Wild Adventures tops this list for me. A lot of the other parks have a couple attractions or things about them that I really find endearing, unique, or at least attractive. Wild Adventures doesn't have any of that, and it doesn't even have a top tier ride.

All the comments on Dorney, with no love for Talon? I've always thought that coaster puts the park on the map on its own. It might be one of the smaller inverts, but I'll take it over a lot of the bigger, newer ones any day. Intense from start to finish in a way that most of them just aren't designed to be anymore.

Anyway, Six Flags New England feels this way to me, since I grew up with it when it was Riverside, and it just seemed to have so much more character there. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but...

Although I have been there many times (as it is my home park), I feel this way about Dorney, and I kind of feel guilty about it. But none of the coasters at Dorney really impress me, and I'm not really much of a flat ride person as I can't tolerate spinning or swinging. I would definitely drive by with no intention to go in, just thinking "meh...."

I've felt that way ever since they sold Laser. Dorney lost a real winner with that one, an in its place they put a coaster that can't even function like a normal ride.

Dorney seems perfectly happy going after the family market which Great Adventure is completely neglecting. The family rides and waterpark are the major draw for them and they know it... I'd love a new coaster but we just got Stinger (LOL) a few years ago and most people think that's a brand new ride so I doubt it's high on their list of priorities.

Magic Springs for sure. There is nothing that stands out at this park. There is NO theming for anything in the park. Its just so... Meh.

Also,

Dorney

Kennywood

A majority of Six Flags Parks...

Nothing against any of these parks... They just seem so... Meh to me. I'm sure I will think of some more shortly.