TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Solution for Line Jumpers

Anyone who doesnt have the balls to tell a queue jumper to wait their turn, and then post on this topic, should take a long hard look at themselves.

As said earlie, some people are better left alone as my safety and my family's safety is more imptortant than waiting a few extra minutes for a ride. I'm not saying, I'm a pushover all the time, but there is a time a place to pick your battles

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who doesnt have the balls to tell a queue jumper to wait their turn, and then post on this topic, should take a long hard look at themselves.

Line jumpers are annoying and I believe there are far much more people who want to stop them than those actually did. But if it means fighting, yelling or worse, letting go is a better choice. There's no worth to give away your and your family, friends, coworkers, classmates, etc's safety just to show you have the balls to fight with some people that probably means nothing to you in your entire life. Don't make the safest places on earth dangerous.

Line jumping is the park's responsibility, not ours. We go there to have fun.

I think the solution could be quite simple:

Shame them.

1,000 lashes or 1 year's worth of front of the line passes to the nearest Eurofighter, Volare, or Superman Ultimate Flight that must all be redeemed within 1 month of issuance. A Probation Officer will be assigned to monitor and verify this.

When on holiday with my family we put into action 'the wall'. We make sure that, as a family, we successfully block the width of any given portion of the queue. Anyone wishing to get past us will have to very physically move one of us or ask nicely....for a prompt rejection.

Really the best way to get rid of huge line jumping (in my opinion) is to get rid of switchbacks. If you have one pathway that only appears to go forward and does not appear to interact with itself in any other way, people won't think, "there's a faster way to get there" because there's only one way to go.

Really the best way to get rid of huge line jumping (in my opinion) is to get rid of switchbacks. If you have one pathway that only appears to go forward and does not appear to interact with itself in any other way, people won't think, "there's a faster way to get there" because there's only one way to go.

This may be the best thought yet, particularly if the pathway isn't terribly wide where people might think they could try to squeeze by.

SFMM used to have a numbered ticket system for really busy days, and they were VERY serious about it too. One of my friends bought a lemonade in line and accidentally threw away the ticket, and she was unable to ride when we got to the front. This particular case was on Riddlers Revenge, but I've seen it on Batman, Superman, and Psyclone (pre-suck).

Personally, I don't see much line jumping anymore, and when I do, I just let it go. What they don't realize is that some mega bad vibes have just been sent their way lol.

I believe Robb said something a while ago about line jumpers - if you see someone do it or someone is attempting to get past you, it is not your responsibility to act as an enforcer. Actions can lead to confrontations, and confrontations can lead to some serious trouble.

The way I look at it is, no matter what precautions and measures are in place to prevent and react to line jumping (or anything else for that matter), humans find ways to work around it (ex. Big security fences and signs saying "big damn heavy train moving really fast - do not enter" around Batman The Ride --> dude enters area anyway and gets head lopped off by train). The parks already have disuasive measures and security crews in place, so go to your local park and just relax and have fun - don't physically obstruct some line jumper or get in a shouting match with some group of punks. It's never worth it.

This is a great way to get your head smashed in on the spot or get jumped by someone's buddies later on if you confront the wrong person. As tempting as it may be, adopting an "I keeps it REAL" ethos in a situation like this is foolhardy at best and borderline suicidal at the very worst.

I think most line jumpers don't do it again after experiencing it once, unless very callous. You don't need to stop them but if everyone in the entire line is slightly annoying or annoyed it should have an effect. I did see 3 extremely beautiful young women that might have considered themselves "entitled" that when I tried to stop them, their excuse was that they'd been doing it all day. !!!. There usually isn't any way to report someone without getting out of line.

One good comment could be "who's doing WHO a favor here?" -- in the case of a girl who's boyfriend is "saving" them a place in line it has more to with him not wanting to wait than doing her any favors. They could have a fight and break up over something like that! In the case of friends, same thing, although my comment might not provoke as much drama. I have seen more people "get it" that it works just as well to reunify your party by letting others go first, rather than trying to move the stragglers up.

Of course the best solution for me is ... don't go when there's any substantial lines!