TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits 2 (NL2) Discussion Thread

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phyter and ride_op, love the game so far! Running very well on my computer.

But please bring back being able to "Fly Forward" in the simulator with left-click! That's the only way I traveled around in NL1 and I miss it so much.

This^, I really don't like using the WASD keys since using the mouse was much more convenient!

Phyter and ride_op, love the game so far! Running very well on my computer.

But please bring back being able to "Fly Forward" in the simulator with left-click! That's the only way I traveled around in NL1 and I miss it so much.

This^, I really don't like using the WASD keys since using the mouse was much more convenient!

I also do miss this feature

I am now running the Demo with all of the settings at their absolute minimum and oh sweet Jesus it still looks amazing. Framerate drastically improved (of course).

. . . and I do agree with the past posts. The left ckick navigation feature is definately missed and should be considered for a feature update.

Amazing job, dev team. Can'twait to see whats in store in the full version!

Downloaded the demo and it's even better than I expected. Somehow it runs somewhat decently on my crappy $300 laptop, but only at the lowest settings. Hopefully it'll be usable on the new laptop I buy in the next few months. Can't wait to see what I can do with it!

Only have the demo until I get paid which sadly isn't until next week

I am having a problem importing 3ds files and I only noticed one other person having the same problem. "Cannot read XML file". I've tried exporting the xml file but NL2 still won't read it. I have seen that some of you have added scenery apparently without a problem, so I was hoping one of you chaps could share how you did it or if there is some sort of XML workaround.

Thanks

I am having a problem importing 3ds files and I only noticed one other person having the same problem. "Cannot read XML file". I've tried exporting the xml file but NL2 still won't read it. I have seen that some of you have added scenery apparently without a problem, so I was hoping one of you chaps could share how you did it or if there is some sort of XML workaround.

Thanks

.NL2SCO files are XML, and those can contain references to .3DS files. But you say you're getting this message when trying to load the .3DS file itself? Can you give us more information about the 3DS file you're trying to load? Perhaps a link to where we can download it? Thanks.

My download of the full version finally finished and installed successfully. So far no problems at all other then some FPS dropping every once in a while. I set my limiter to 30 fps and turned off the shadows since my computer was struggling, and then overall performance seemed to improve some. I imported some of my NL1 coasters, and they all look great!

I'm still getting used to the editor, though. I haven't completed a coaster yet, but I can already tell that once I get the hang of it, building coasters should be easier and faster. Since I have school right now, I probably won't start any major projects until I get a decent chunk of spare time (aka spring break, summer break etc.). I should have a new desktop by then, too.

Just purchased NL2 this evening and it runs great on my laptop no lag, have a gt 750m with 2gb of vram on a new MacBook pro and it runs beautifully at native 2880 resolution, couldn't be happier, Can't wait to start building tomorrow, been messing with demos all afternoon.

Thanks

.NL2SCO files are XML, and those can contain references to .3DS files. But you say you're getting this message when trying to load the .3DS file itself? Can you give us more information about the 3DS file you're trying to load? Perhaps a link to where we can download it? Thanks.

Here, I included it.

Sunny Skies Park.rar

the model I'm trying to use.

Thoughts after a little performance test on CPU/GPU dependence

I have been playing around with different graphics settings, with a couple of CPU and GPU monitoring programs in the background, and the result of all this is that NL2 is very CPU dependant. My system is basically the same as the recommended one for NL2. But my findings points towards that I have to run all graphics settings at the maximum before I even come close to loading my graphics card to 100%, my CPU on the other hand stays at 100% all the time no matter what the graphics were put at. So in essence then you can easily crank up the graphics, even if you have an older card, as long as your CPU is fast enough.

This finding really changed my priorities on how to balance my coming upgrade plans.

My specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II 810 2.6 GHz

RAM: 4 gb ddr2 800

GPU: Nvidia GTS 250 1GB

The tests were done on in windowed mode 1080p, and using HWiNFO64 for CPU load and MSI Afterburner for GPU load.

Updates to my GPU settings and NL2 is running quite good at max settings. I still see drops to 20-30fps at times but it sticks at 60fps often.

Hoping the new card helps even more keeping those FPS at 60 all the time!

I must admit if was bummed to see no B&M wing coasters... For some reason I thought they were included. was excited for those lol.

Love the suspended coasters!

Ok, So I actually restored my computer to factory this morning in hopes of getting this Demo to work before buying the full version, and it still isn't working. I checked my specs and I have a computer that CAN run this game, so aside from that, when I try to go into the simulator, it gives me this failure that it is not able to create textures(Failed to create texture: Invalid Call), hundreds of those messages come up. I am not sure what is happening. Any help would be appreciated. It's almost like the textures are not downloading with the demo or something.

I must admit if was bummed to see no B&M wing coasters... For some reason I thought they were included. was excited for those lol.

Love the suspended coasters!

I'm kicking myself for removing no-limits 1 a few months ago, There's a ton in there I would have imported, I completely forgot that option was available, my new list looks so empty with them all missing until people get creating.

I wonder if you can use the transfer track on a slope to create something sort of like Powder Keg, I haven't got anywhere near good enough to attempt it yet.

This application is phenomenal. I absolutely love being able to design the track spline and rolls separately. I can create the layout that I want without worrying about it!

Also, the G-force comb is wonderful.

Thanks

Here, I included it.

We didn't get the "xml" notification when we opened the clocktower file. But it clearly is not a good file. It is corrupt in some way. It appears to have been converted from an OBJ so the MTL file in the folder is completely irrelevant. And due to whatever converter you used, the 3DS file won't have any textures or UVs. What program is this file coming from? I might be able to help you figure out how to convert it properly if you have the original OBJ.