TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Ghetto Park You Have Visited

thumb_dsc00017_1.jpg

A former coworker of mine had to spend some time in Budapest on a project. He said that old wooden coaster was one of the most terrifying things he'd ever ridden.

Edited by cfc

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantasy Island in Skegness for sure! The greatest daily market of Europe was disgusting, the people were a lot but not nice, and the rides almost felt apart. I didn't feel myself secure at any time in the park, and the greatest coaster 'Jubilee Odyssea' wasn't even open..

Fantasy Island is the most ghetto park I have visited. One definition of ghetto is an adjective for poor. So you may be confused as to how I used the word ghetto. All I was saying, was that the park is poor, because it has mostly carny rides. The Silver Comet is obviously an exception.

Definitely take a jaunt down to Conneaut Lake someday and then let us know what you think of that compared to Fantasy Island...either that, or cross the border and go to Marineland!

Actually, I will now say that Marineland is the most ghetto park I have visited. I forgot all about it. With all of the controversy lately, and the fact it took over 20 years to complete the volcano on Dragon Mountain makes me say this.

Fantasy Island is the most ghetto park I have visited. One definition of ghetto is an adjective for poor. So you may be confused as to how I used the word ghetto. All I was saying, was that the park is poor, because it has mostly carny rides. The Silver Comet is obviously an exception.

Definitely take a jaunt down to Conneaut Lake someday and then let us know what you think of that compared to Fantasy Island...either that, or cross the border and go to Marineland!

Actually, I will now say that Marineland is the most ghetto park I have visited. I forgot all about it. With all of the controversy lately, and the fact it took over 20 years to complete the volcano on Dragon Mountain makes me say this.

You Could also use that 10-20 year logic regarding Star Tours.

The most ghetto park I've ever visited was Ölands Djur & Nöjespark, RCDB LINK: http://rcdb.com/4913.htm

I visited in 2003 and 2009 and was able to ride all 3 coasters there. It's a zoo/theme park/ water park with the theme park being very low budget carnival flats etc. Ride operators pushing trains through the station, only filling up half the train, strange rules. And this video was taken at the park as well... Speaks for itself.

There was also this place near me, way back in the 1970's. Called Fun and Games Park, they had six or seven carnival rides, a batting cage, mini golf course, an arcade, and a rickety looking Wild Mouse that broke down all the time! Actually, all the rides broke down constantly, and eventually, somebody got hurt, and the park was deemed unsafe. It was bulldozed, and replaced with a supermarket.

There was also this place near me, way back in the 1970's. Called Fun and Games Park, they had six or seven carnival rides, a batting cage, mini golf course, an arcade, and a rickety looking Wild Mouse that broke down all the time! Actually, all the rides broke down constantly, and eventually, somebody got hurt, and the park was deemed unsafe. It was bulldozed, and replaced with a supermarket.

Are you talking about the Fun and Games Park in Tonawanda, NY? If so, I remember that place.

^Yep, that's the place alright, kinda brings back my childhood memories. I would go there at least three or four times during the summer, before all the bad things started to happen. Actually, the park was run well for a good number of years, but then it started to go downhill by the end of the seventies.

Not having been to many smaller parks, which seem to be the most ghetto, my pick is the local park here in Phoenix, Castles N Coasters. It's a fun park for what it is, a plot of land in a rough part of town with mini golf and rides. The two trip reports here on TPR explain a lot, although the park has made major improvements since those TR's. The biggest problem with the park is that it is the major hangout for tweens with no respect for anyone other than themselves, and most guests including the adults do not have any theme park etiquette.

Probaby Conneaut Lake Park. I love the Blue Streak there, fun ride, but it's a pretty run down place. I also haven't been there in a while, but I don't see it changing much since I have.

Would love to see this park grow and stay, it's a fun little lakeside park.

The only "ghetto" park that I've been to is Martin's Fantasy Island, It's has the most ghetto looking water park with two water slides that use mats and scrapes you elbows, a lazy river,a wave pool,a Proslide CannonBowl, a mat racer slide, a kiddie racer slide, and a kiddie pool. The rest of the park is just like a carnival with a really good wooden coaster that's getting rough!

I've only visited one park I'd consider "ghetto". It's probably not too bad compared to some others but for a while Dreamworld just bummed me out every time I visited:

- rides that have been SBNO for years

- an algal bloom on their 'river'

- zero thought given to sightlines when placing new attractions (RCT approach)

- broken/run-down theming in much of the park, including no longer running the water effects on Wipeout even though the drought ended five years ago

- the world's crappiest car race simulator

- despite having a water park next door, they put a FlowRider in the regular (dry) park!

- not one of the five coasters has any kind of decent capacity, even when the ride ops are working quickly

New Dreamworks land looks really good so hopefully this is sign that things are improving. I remember this place being awesome when I was a kid, hopefully the park can turn it around soon.

I've never really been to a professional park that's ghetto. I know some people perceive SFA as "ghetto" because of the kind of people that go there and the fact that it's located in a ghetto county, but it's still located in the nice part of that county.

Ya know its one of the richest counties in the nation right? The ghetto people that go to SFA are usually the ones from the outskirts of DC.

For actual parks with coasters and such, SFA! That place is freaking gross.

Its not like that anymore. They have did a complete 180 degree turn. Its really clean now and the employees actually act like they want to work there. Also all of the rides run all the time now and they take pretty good care of them with the resources they have. Another thing is they really cleaned up the water park and its really nice now.

I've only visited one park I'd consider "ghetto". It's probably not too bad compared to some others but for a while Dreamworld just bummed me out every time I visited:

- rides that have been SBNO for years

- an algal bloom on their 'river'

- zero thought given to sightlines when placing new attractions (RCT approach)

- broken/run-down theming in much of the park, including no longer running the water effects on Wipeout even though the drought ended five years ago

- the world's crappiest car race simulator

- despite having a water park next door, they put a FlowRider in the regular (dry) park!

- not one of the five coasters has any kind of decent capacity, even when the ride ops are working quickly

New Dreamworks land looks really good so hopefully this is sign that things are improving. I remember this place being awesome when I was a kid, hopefully the park can turn it around soon.

Amen to that - The only reason that area looked any good was because Dreamworks paid for it all, not Ardent Leisure.

I also second both Martin Fantasy Island and Conneaut Lake as extremely ghetto.

Martins fantasy island is definitely not ghetto, it does have carnival rides but the owner was a former carnival worker so he brought his rides to the park, you have to expect that from this park. It is also a small park, not a big park so again you have to expect that it will not be the greatest. It does have the small park feel and IMO I do get bored at this park since there aren't enough adult rides and I don't do waterparks. This park is for the inbetween kids who are still small enough to go on some kiddie rides but big enough to go on the adult rides as well. This park was way worse in the 80s and 90s lots of old rides, tons of rust, again, old rides that barely ran, a carousel with tons of missing paint etc. Now it has newer updated rides that at least look new and presentable although they are carnival rides.