TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

How are those X-car restraints? Maurer Sohne must be confident in they're design. Sure hope they're rock solid; I hate the feeling of being held upside down (like in a Chance Inverter) when the restraint starts creaking and groaning, the blood starts rushing to your head and you think I'm dead if this restraint fails.

I agree with PhishyBrewer, talk about spending millions of dollars on just anything lol

For 6 million dollars i'd want a hell of alot more then that, heck they could of got an Intamin rocket like Speed Monster. TusenFryd is only paying 7.5 million euros and here Magic Springs is paying 6 mill for a big ugly circle IMO they got jipped big time.

I agree with PhishyBrewer, talk about spending millions of dollars on just anything lol

For 6 million dollars i'd want a hell of alot more then that, heck they could of got an Intamin rocket like Speed Monster. TusenFryd is only paying 7.5 million euros and here Magic Springs is paying 6 mill for a big ugly circle IMO they got jipped big time.

I agree..MS is my home park and they just don't know what they just did. This ride is a one trick pony. It may be more reliable than, say a Giant Boomerang, but there just isn't much to this ride. It is ugly and even some seasoned coaster riders don't want to hang upside down like that.

I was unhappy with them getting the Vekoma SLC but they have done well in its upkeep and it gives a good ride. Our Arrow Mine train is running well and the Cobb Arkansas Twister is very smooth and fast now.

I think they could have spent a little extra and maybe pick up an impulse coaster.

And one more world on the skywheel..the one MS is getting is a copy of the prototype..they could have at least made it an extended coaster! Geeesh!

And one more world on the skywheel..the one MS is getting is a copy of the prototype..they could have at least made it an extended coaster! Geeesh!

Maybe all they could afford right now is the prototype version? Remember, they can add on to the Skywheel coaster whenever they want. Maybe next year, they'll add a couple of inversions like the one in Madrid.

Mind Eraser seems to always be looking at both sides of the spectrum. It is quite disappointing that MS didn't get a custom version, but I think this will be a cool ride. I'm sure it'll be something to marvel at as well. And as ME said, maybe they'll expand it like in Madrid.

The idea of hanging upside down that high off the ground just gets me goin'. I want to be terrified. And I'm sure that people will still want to do this ride. If people will wait hours for freefall towers, I can't imagine them not waiting for this. It's a gimmick ride, but it just may work. I don't think it was a half bad idea on MS' part.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is definitely not Plummet Summit. This is the picture they were using in commercials and their brochure before the ride was even built. Plummet Summit has blue boats and they are a different design than the one in the picture. They even have the Magic Springs logo on the front.

They have done this in the past with Big Bad John, The Gauntlet and are even currently using pics and footage of Sky Wheel in Germany in their commercials. I can't blame them, it's a good way to start advertising early.

Oh, the picture of Big Bad John on the same page is not really Big Bad John either. BBJ has one green train and one blue one, and the front car has two rows of seats and does not have a cover.

Am I being a total geek yet?

Volcano does currently have the record. Looks like it is going to be eclipsed in fairly unique fashion!!

No...it wont. They say itll be 150ft tall so itll be 5 ft short.

I still dont get why every single place that lists highest inversion always forgets Volcano: The Blast Coaster. I mean really, its most clearly an inversion at the top - not some overbanked turn.

Do companies, media and PR really not do their homework? Theres so many resources out there now...

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
NEWS RELEASE

January 11, 2007

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Magic Springs Announces Plans for Major Expansion

Of Crystal Falls Water Park

HOT SPRINGS NATIONAL PARK, Arkansas — The water park at Magic Springs & Crystal Falls will be dramatically expanded for the 2007 season with the largest water slide complex in Arkansas as part of a multi-year, $10 million investment in the facility, it was announced today by park

management.

“The $5 million 2007 expansion will see the addition of a whole new

section for the water park to be known as Crystal Lagoon,” said Dan

Aylward, president and general manager of Magic Springs & Crystal Falls.

“Crystal Lagoon will include a three speed slides, four tube slides,

including two tubing bowls, and a new play pool. More than 10,000 square

feet of total pool area will be added as part of the new addition and

more than 20 percent more pool chairs will be added to the park,”

Aylward said.

At the same time, Magic Springs announced that the 2008 season will see

the opening of one of the biggest thrill rides in the history of

Arkansas. Details will be made known later this year, Aylward said,

adding, “The new thrill ride will join the Arkansas Twister, Gauntlet

suspended looping roller coaster, Summit Plummet super-soaker water ride and X Coaster inverted thrill ride in Magic Springs’ menu of unsurpassed ride experiences.”

Aylward said guests will enter the new Crystal Lagoon section of the

park directly from the existing water park or from the walkway towards

the Arkansas Twister, Amphitheater and group sales area. More than

10,000 square feet of deck lounging space will also be included.

“This is the first major investment in the water park since it opened in

2000,” he said. “Our guests tell us they want us to continue to install

new attractions in the future, especially new water park experiences.”

Aylward said, “Since we reopened Magic Springs in 2000 as a totally new

theme park that incorporated the region’s most exciting ride park with

Arkansas’ largest water park, we have consistently added major

attractions, including Dr. Dean’s Rocket Machine, the Gauntlet, Plummet

Summit and our new X Coaster.”

Aylward continued, “The Crystal Lagoon will incorporate many of those

things our guests have told us they would like to see added to the Magic

Springs & Crystal Falls experience.”

The water slide complex is being manufactured by Pro-Slide of Ontario,

Canada.

Other 2007 improvements will include the addition of air-conditioned

seating at Deep Woods Diner and the addition of restrooms at the water

park expansion which will also serve Timberwood Amphitheater.

Continued attention to positive guest experiences coupled with new

attractions and expanding marketing activities have made Magic Springs

one of the fastest growing parks in America over the past five years.

Today, the park is attended by guests from almost every state. Primary

attendance comes from Little Rock, Memphis, Shreveport and Northwest

Arkansas markets.

“Our new attractions in 2007 will enhance the experience for all our

guests, both tourists as well as our local market visitors.” Aylward said.

Magic Springs also continues to receive recognition in national and

international trade and general-interest publications as a high quality

innovator in the theme park industry. Among these recognitions was the

acknowledgement of the park as one of the three most family friendly

parks in the U.S., according to Better Homes and Gardens magazine.

Season passes can be purchased at Magic Springs, by phone at

501-318-5370 or on the Magic Springs website at www.magicsprings.com.

“Our continued park expansion makes the season pass a better value every year,” Aylward said.

Magic Springs is located on Highway 70 in Hot Springs, Arkansas.

This is a good thing, the waterpark could use some more slides. I really liked the air-conditioned dining, too. When it's 103 degrees outside, it can be brutal.

But the big question, what is coming in 2008?

EDIT: I saw this on Wikipedia's Magic Springs entry: (not that there's any credibility to this)

Delineate - (coming in 2008) - A small capsule ride suspended eighty feet above a "bowl" shaped pool. The capsule rocks as you go further into the abyss