TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hurricane Sandy vs. Roller Coasters

So landfall is expected to be 2-4 hours from now in Atlantic City... and Ocean City is already pretty much underwater. Has anyone heard of any damage done to boardwalk rides or theme parks in the path of the storm? If so, I suppose here would be a good place to put it. Stay safe everyone!

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about damaged, but it was great for riding at Great Adventure yesterday for their last day of the season. Despite them closing at four, the rain held off and even Kingda Ka was running in the morning. Everything was a walk on. They were asking people to stay in their seats on Ka so they could send the train full.

NY1 News (local NYC cable station) just said something about part of a roller coaster at Scream Zone blowing around, but it's on in the background and didn't see a picture or hear what they said. Probably just a sign or something.

NY1 News (local NYC cable station) just said something about part of a roller coaster at Scream Zone blowing around, but it's on in the background and didn't see a picture or hear what they said. Probably just a sign or something.

Hope that's Soaring Eagle and not Steeplechase.

Hersheypark closed at 8PM yesterday. A friend of mine rode Fahrenheit 15 times in a row for it being so empty.

^^ Yesterday at SFNE was another good for riding rides (no line for Bizzaro!). Although I do hope the Cyclone, Wonder Wheel, Scream Zone, Morey Piers make it through the hurricane. BTW, Sandy has pretty much reached us up here in Albany, I hope it's not too bad here (most likely wont be but never know).

Edited by 3Mutts

Someone on Dorney Park's Facebook page tried starting a rumor that Thunderhawk collapsed.... The fact that some people actually took it seriously and "called" Dorney to see if it was true or not is pretty sad.

Is the rumor that Kingda Ka fell over going to resurface for Sandy too......

Someone on Dorney Park's Facebook page tried starting a rumor that Thunderhawk collapsed.... The fact that some people actually took it seriously and "called" Dorney to see if it was true or not is pretty sad.

Add one more reason for disabling idiot people to post comments to a company's Facebook page!

--Robb "Bummed it's not true..." Alvey

All of the southern shore of Lake Erie appears to be under a flood warning, and there's 10+ ft. waves on this part of the lake now and they're expected to get bigger (on top of the 3 feet the lake was predicated to rise down here). With the wind and all this, I wouldn't be surprised if the point has a bit of damage.