TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Major League Baseball Thread

PhishyBrewer

Being a phillies fan sucks right now... seriously, how do you blow a 7-1 lead?

That was one of the worst losses of the season. Why wasn't Chipper Jones walked with 1st base empty? Papelbon's comments after the game were annoying too. The loss yesterday also hurt a lot, because of the bad call and those 2 games are probably the difference between any chance of the Phillies getting a wildcard spot. I know it was still unlikely but if both of those games had been won they would be on a 7 game winning streak and only 6 games back.

I'd really like to see Papelbon traded and Ryan Madson back.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what the difference is between the Pirates and a mosquito? Eventually the mosquito will STOP SUCKING!

These guys are a disgrace to Pittsburgh, and are in no way deserving of such a beautiful stadium. And until these guys get an owner whose interested in more than pocketing money from the luxury tax, I don't see their fortunes changing anytime soon. The Pirates are a cursed franchise, the most cursed in all sports, and this season confirms it. But worst of all, is that in the past two years, they have let their fans hope and hope that things will change, only to COLLAPSE at the end. Well, all the other fans are tired of it, and so am I. If you're going to keep killing us with these endless losing seasons, save us all the suffering and fold, right now. I'd rather that Pittsburgh not have a baseball team then for the city of my parents to suffer this humiliation year after year.

I don't have a favorite team anymore. Screw them. They're not gonna burn me like this anymore.

^ Look at it this way...1992, the last time the Pirates had a winning season...Barry Bonds, who had a lot of bad experiences with the team, left soon after, and the team has not had a winning season since.

It's the curse of Barry Bonds. It's like the curse of the Bambino, only a hundred times worse. I think the management ought to arrange a public apology, along with some money to hopefully break this curse. The Pirates owner is actually the 10th richest owner in the majors. He won't spend anything on the team, of course, but that's another matter.

^ Look at it this way...1992, the last time the Pirates had a winning season...Barry Bonds, who had a lot of bad experiences with the team, left soon after, and the team has not had a winning season since.

It's the curse of Barry Bonds. It's like the curse of the Bambino, only a hundred times worse. I think the management ought to arrange a public apology, along with some money to hopefully break this curse. The Pirates owner is actually the 10th richest owner in the majors. He won't spend anything on the team, of course, but that's another matter.

Money doesn't solve everything. Look at the Dodgers. They just forked out $250 million over the coming years in payroll in that trade a few weeks back. They have gone something like 6-11 and may not even make the playoffs as a wild card..

^It is amazing. I knew they'd be better this year, but didn't expect this. They've been a ton of fun to watch this season, and it seems like anyone on the team can be the hero of the night.

I do wish they'd get a little more national attention for this, especially from sports people on TV. I know they've sucked for awhile, but they really have put a quality product on the field this year. If they make it into the playoffs, I'm going to have to make to one of those games.

dt

• 2 weeks later...

Miggy gets the Triple Crown and my kitties are headed to home field advantage in the ALDS against the A's. It's gonna be a fun and interesting post-season especially seeing how there's a couple teams that haven't made it back in years. I send congrats to Nats' fans for an amazing regular season in 2012 - but, the journey is not over yet and the best could be yet to come.

EDIT: Ok. I'm wrong with the home-field advantage bit - but, I'm still happy my team made it.

Edited by Chris Benvenuto

I wasn't really a fan of the whole 2nd wild card thing at first, but after seeing how much excitement it has added to the last few weeks (including tonights game), I'm now sold.

I'll also second the go O's, as it is always fun to root for the underdog.