So far:

Elton John Pepsi Commercial

M & M's Sexy and I Know It

Doritos with the dog burying the cat

VW with the dog and vadar

Polar Bear skating around commercial

E*Trade

Sort of liked the Doritos with the old lady commercial

And what wasn't to like about seeing David Beckham nearly naked?

I have a question? This has been bugging me for a long time. I understand how people like to watch the Super Bowl, but really, THE COMMERCIALS!!!! They're commercials, I just don't understand why people are so fascinated with the commercials on during the Super Bowl. Everyone hates commercials any other time, but during the Super Bowl everyone loves them. How are they different than commercials at any other time of the year?

I haven't been able to get a straight answer from anyone yet, I'm hoping someone here will be able to enlighten me on this matter............ :?

^Is it really that difficult to understand? Commercials have always been a big part of the Super Bowl. With the amount of eyes on the games, companies spend millions of dollars on the commercials to get their product seen. They are traditionally the best/funniest/over-the-top commercials that you will see all year (besides when they are rerun later on) From the famous Jordan/Bird commercials to the Bud Bowl, people look forward to the commercials just about as much as the Super Bowl. Especially, if you don't have a team to root for in the game.

This is why the Super Bowl scares me........ It has brainwashed people into believing commercials are interesting.

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!!!!

What's worse, we don't even know its happening to us..... Soon television is going to have channels that are exclusively commercials........and they will get top ratings!!!!!!!

Edited by nitro4ever

^You couldn't be more off base with that post. It is called entertainment. People like to be entertained.

You are 15 years old, so you missed some of the classic Super Bowl commercials of the past years that have led to people looking forward to them every year. They aren't quite the spectacle they used to be (like an entire animated game involving bud light and budweiser bottles), but they are still entertaining.

Now, let's stay on topic and discuss the commercials not why they exist...

Edited by ernierocker

The Voice with Betty White is my number one just because Betty White showed up, and that's reason enough! Followed by M&Ms and Elton John's Pepsi commercial.

Even being gay, David Beckham just looked a little older and dryer (his face...) than usual. It wasn't great.

Oh, and I liked when the cheetah tackled the guy. That one was worth a good chuckle.

This is why the Super Bowl scares me........ It has brainwashed people into believing commercials are interesting.

People care about commercials 1 out of 365 days, and you're having a conniption fit over it?

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!!!!

What's worse, we don't even know its happening to us..... Soon television is going to have channels that are exclusively commercials........and they will get top ratings!!!!!!!

Non-stop advertising and merchandise sales on ONE CHANNEL?!?!?!? This can't possibly be!

Hey there, chief, CLICK ME, CLICK ME!!

The world is a commercial. Deal with it.

Meanwhile, back on topic....can someone please tell Honda they failed? Do they actually realize how big the Ferris Bueller thing would have been had they kept it a secret prior to the game?

Worst: David Beckham standing around half naked to The Animals (why?).

Why? Um, because it sells a lot of underwear?

Facts:

- Many Super Bowls parties were held.

- Both men and women attended many Super Bowl parties.

- Women and gay men appreciate David Beckham standing around in his underwear.

- Many men left Super Bowls parties thinking they'd attract more women if they wore that underwear.

- It's pretty simple, really.

- And wait, how is this any different from a Victoria's Secret ad????

The new Acura NSX won.

I really liked the commercials this year. Most of them were pretty funny/flashy, which was cool. Some commercials that stood out....

- Both Doritos commercials. One of the commercials (the one with the dog burying the cat) actually starred a local guy.

- The Honda one (Ferris Bueller)

- Obviously the M&Ms one

- The Bud Light commercial with the dog that grabs the Bud Light on command... The Budweiser ones were pretty good too.

- The Clint Eastwood commercial.

- The post-apocalyptic Chevy commercial looked nice. The other graduation Chevy commercial was hilarious though.

- The Kia commercial

- The Fiat commercial

- The yogurt commercial

- The Met Life commercial

- The Tax Act commercial

- The Transformers 3D commercial (obviously)

Oh and I managed to see SFMM in a commercial too!

Overall, it was a great game with great commercials. Hopefully next year will be as good if not better.