TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Front Page RE-Design Contest!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^So are you not accepting any more submissions? Just curious.

We will always accept submissions. But I'll be honest, at this point you're up against David and Jack. The design needs to really OMFG WOW!!! in order for it to be considered.'

I'm just being as up front as I can. I also don't want anyone to waste their time.

Edited by robbalvey

I'm just being as up front as I can. I also don't want anyone to waste their time.

Good, then I won't anymore. At least this gave me some more experience using Pixelmator.

That being said, this will be my final submission. I just didn't want to abandon this draft midway through.

final.thumb.jpg.da966241d268fc8c91c9645d77001f96.jpg

Click to Enlarge

screenshot-1326496484174.thumb.png.9543f1a4fed72b85b92e33b5328d8976.png

Tablet Friendly

9cbd33bda69b6a9114e6fdf8d27e1a2aee551ace.thumb.jpg.7051ca2579c90265d5c15b819f8ee16f.jpg

IPhone friendly

Features:

-Feature story carousel.

-Scrollable "Timeline" updates, with three options. Offical, Forum, or combined.

-Hover over image for description, very minimal text.

-Drop down menu, changes whenever you hover over a different "tab."

-"Featured Park" section will draw traffic to the park index.

-Tablet friendly, and usable on mobile devices.

-Contains pretty much all of the functionality of the current Front page and then some.

-Modern "2010" design, inspired by Apple.

Whatever design is picked, I'm sure it will be great. Even though mine may not stack up against David's or Jack's designs I am very proud of it. This was a lot of fun.

Nice design Jack! I think the only thing I don't really care for is where the ad is placed. They wanted something integrated and I think the best way to do that is put it somewhere horizontally.

The ad is placed exactly the same location it is now. Someone asked me about that and I said it should stay in the same location.

Nice design Jack! I think the only thing I don't really care for is where the ad is placed. They wanted something integrated and I think the best way to do that is put it somewhere horizontally.

The ad is placed exactly the same location it is now. Someone asked me about that and I said it should stay in the same location.

Oops didn't see that! Sorry. Anyways, I like that one the best!

I made some significant changes and am curious what people think.

What I did:

- Removed shadow from main menu bar

- Banner image is smaller in height

- Search box reduced in width

- "All Updates" tab label is now "Newest Updates"

- Updates now scroll vertically

- Updates have a title and full description

- Added a social media column for Facebook and Twitter feeds

Thoughts?

(Also, credit where credit is due - I'm trying to make a hybrid of the best elements between my design and Jack's design. So some of the ideas are from his design.)

tprDesign_v4.thumb.jpg.a7a2065929b2ab059769e105510bf2dc.jpg

Edited by ILoveRides

Could we combine the top of Jack's design (with the large photo and tabs underneath) with the bottom of David's design (News Updates/TPR Updates and Facebook/Twitter feed)? Anybody else think that could possibly be the perfect front page design with that combination?

Like I said before, I think we have two "winners" in my mind. I would love nothing more for David and Jack to work together and help us refine the final page. As it stands right now, either one of these could easily "go to print", so to speak.

As a message to both David and Jack - I don't have any further comments for you guys right now. If you want to continue to make little "polish passes" based on some feedback given, or nitpicks that I'm sure you personally have, feel free to post new versions. It will be a few weeks before I can actually get this whole thing off the ground anyway.

He said the more Apple and less Windows the better!

There is one thing to take a suggestion I made and implement it. It's another thing to overdue it. I appreciate your efforts, but I don't think this is quite what we are looking for, sorry.

I want David's and Jack's layouts to have a baby. Or multiple babies. I think those two should be working together trying different elements of each others layouts and working on the best hybrid.

I can't even say, what I like about each anymore, I just like them overall and they fit what TPR is, and is new yet familiar.