TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Front Page RE-Design Contest!

All right, let's see how this one gets on -

This revision has less emphasis on the green, red, blue color scheme. The insides of the update menus have been colored grey (originally a darker shade of the corresponding color). Announcements are now featured in their own little slice of black space, so you're drawn to them initially but they still "blend". The two menus up top have been recolored to greys and yellows.

I really want to keep the featured section the way it is, with the four colored tags (green, red, blue, park index blue), as well as the colored bars for the three update menus. But, with all design projects, that doesn't mean I will necessarily be able to.

1024px by 1212px so far. Like before, I still have to add the disclaimer stuff at the bottom.

test4.thumb.png.33503d50bffd0abde40c1ff8488f545d.png

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another update. I myself am not a huge fan of pull-down menus as some seem to be rather picky as to how 'straight' I move my mouse across to get to sub categories, or if I'm on a mobile device...some work, some don't. I think others posted a 'condensed' version of the sub categories. I'm not sure which will all use subs and thought it would look funny to see some dropdowns and some not.

And we have random update...how about a 'park of the day' that links us to the index?

863171874_TPRHomePageLayoutV6.jpg.77e7dee406227e93e73abd5ea9d4765c.jpg

I don't know why, but I still prefeer "Iloverides's" Design. For the "Angry_Gumball's" design I think it's because the text styles, and some of the elements aren't aligned with others, or with the same separation etc.

Also, I would like to see "Iloverides's" one but with another menu bar design.

If anyone is remotely interested in my layout, and one of you "talented" guys think you can make it look better aesthetically, I'll be happy to put up a PSD. I'm all for teamwork.

^That is the current tagline. I believe Robb chose it because it's similar to TMZ's "We Love Hollywood. We Just Have a Funny Way of Showing it."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TMZ.com

That's exactly correct.

I see now, i'm just not a big fan of it to be honest.

Personally, I don't care if people don't like it. If it really distracts people that much from liking TPR, that's fine, I'm sure there other sites out there with better tag lines with SO MUCH MORE BETTER content.

IMO, the tagline perfectly communicates who we are, what we do, and the attitude this site has.

--Robb "If I tried to please everyone, I wouldn't please anyone." Alvey

I love the clean and simple design that so many people did for the top part of the page (like iloverides, dougmjr etc. or even my design on page 3), but I think the best design compromise is something like angrygumball has done. You've got the nice clean look at the top of the page, but you are able to scroll down for additional content (since the site is SO content heavy).

Hello All TPR Peoples...

Although I visit the site often, this is my first post in the Forum.

Here are some contributions/varieties to the homepage design. I have four here to present. Forgive me, but I have not been able to read through all of your comments prior to this post, so some issues may have been discussed that I did not notice. I'm sure I will hear them though!

Thanks...Good job to all designers who took a shot.

CK

thumb_tpr_4a.thumb.jpg.433e8f8893f21a0d7869065df1ee13e7.jpg

I have to say, I really like this one, however, the logo is waaaaayyy too big, with a normal header, I think this design is functional, yet modern. Although I would also move Announcements up to above the video.

I was going to do an idea as I did used to be involved with web design, however most of the ideas I had have already been done and after staring at Photoshop for a good hour the other night, I realised that I have almost entirely forgotten how to use it!!!!! I really must brush up my skills.

Hi Everyone... This thread took off pretty quickly. I had a hard time keeping up with the new versions and suggestions. Here is the concept I've been working on. The general consensus was that we needed a large feature area with a rotating image, scrollable updates and yet maintain the current flavor of the existing site with a simpler approach. Please take a look, kick the tires and let me know your thoughts.

tprsite_mainpage_v2.thumb.jpg.46454d33404e224634add2bea7fd83bc.jpg

That one looks fantastic. I'd like to see some green and blue to go along with the red, and you could probably replace the text at the bottom of the page with something else, but that one is definitely my favorite now.

So I've been following the tread the past couple of days and I've decided to get back in the game as today I do not have to work.

I've started (almost) from scratch and I've taken concepts from other designs I liked and started putting them together. This is what I have so far.

NewREv1.thumb.jpg.08f2cf8c2a7cb9e998c30e10cb08b212.jpg

Click to Enlarge

I feel like this is at least better than what I had before. Some things to note:

-The images on the right of the large feature is a "caurosel." You can click on them to jump to a featured story or simply wait for it to change by itself

- An image's description will appear when you hover over it.

- The updates section has 3 "timelines." An "all updates" timeline, an "TPR Official" time line, and a "forum only" timeline.

- The Announcements section will change between each announcement every 10 seconds or so.

- The drop down menu will feature the horizontal layout as featured in a design earlier in this thread.

I still have to add some things, I just want some feedback while I take a break to eat.

Edited by DougMJr

Hi Everyone... This thread took off pretty quickly. I had a hard time keeping up with the new versions and suggestions. Here is the concept I've been working on. The general consensus was that we needed a large feature area with a rotating image, scrollable updates and yet maintain the current flavor of the existing site with a simpler approach. Please take a look, kick the tires and let me know your thoughts.

Jack, I honestly cannot think of anything to change on this. Really, it's between you and David at this point, and I think there are elements of both that we'll eventually use.

They are both great.

Let me give this some thought over the weekend, but I think it's safe to say we're very close to choosing a winner...and I think there might actually be two!

Congrats to everyone who has worked on making submissions so far. This has certainly given us a lot of new ideas, and I think you'll see us start to work on this over the next few weeks....

Thank you to everyone!

--Robb

I vote that jcrouse be declared the winner. the only problem I have with his design would be that the "login, register" should be toward the top of the page, like above the FB,Twitter, Youtube, etc icons

Now could the Contact Us have a Drop down that could encompass Login/Register and Contact?