TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

ChrisHanKwansivus Gift Exchange/Secret Santa

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You hold the camera horizontally. Home button on the right. Think about your TV at home, it's not vertical, it's horizontal. If you shoot a video vertically, it will end up being one big vertical "stripe" in the middle of the screen. So unless you want to turn your TV on it's side to watch the footage, you should always shoot video horizontally.

Hope that helps!

--Robb

Totally helps! Thanks, I'm definitely going to be messing around this weekend

^ I hope your parents are doing okay. Your Secret Santa gift looks pretty nice, love all the penguins.

Thanks Smisty. Dad is out of hospital and Mom had insane surgery Tues night into Wed morning but so far so good. And yes very happy with all the penguin items!

No problem. It's never fun to have family in the hospital, especially around the holidays. I hope your family is well and has a lovely holiday.

When I got home from work yesterday, I was excited to find my Secret Santa TPR package. And when I looked at the return address, it was from Austell, GA. There is only one thing in Austell worth mentioning so I became super excited.

Please forgive the quality of my photos...I had to use my Blackberry.

IMG00469.thumb.jpg.422f4d948ea54b5c2ee222a7dd6777d3.jpg

Hello, box full of goodies waiting to be unleashed on the world!

IMG00470.thumb.jpg.f71b0c4a9ec834d019bc543560b71018.jpg

As it turns out, my thoughts were confirmed with each item I pulled out. A Great American Scream Machine t-shirt.

IMG00471.thumb.jpg.6f14836e6dbcfcb9f8891cf2ab26860d.jpg

It's playtime with a Mr. Six t-shirt!

IMG00472.thumb.jpg.5f977b7a0de93b019a5da864503590a6.jpg

Dare Devil Dive schwag! A keychain and earbuds.

IMG00475.thumb.jpg.34fa260bf13656b6afcf71e56b215486.jpg

A Six Flags 45th Anniversary commemorative map...this is being framed and put up in my office at work.

IMG00478.thumb.jpg.88f4528064b391a9cc00b984d90c7bbc.jpg

The best "dark comedy" about an amusement park ever made....FUNLAND!!!!

IMG00476.thumb.jpg.5dce1460796e719ad22646a335ff4584.jpg

And best of all....four passes to Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags Whitewater for the 2012 season. My 3-year-old daughter is going to get her first taste of Six Flags next summer! AWESOME!!!!!

IMG00477.thumb.jpg.58531e42eb346a35e6f4c1a33d1ecb86.jpg

My stash in all of its glory. Thank you, mysterious Santa that obviously has a HUGE Six Flags Over Georgia fetish. You rock!

And thanks to Brandy for helping coordinate! And a special thank you to my Secret Santa....a friend in the world of public relations.

Those Six Flags Map Packs are pretty awesome. I still have two in a box somewhere, but it's nice to have all the Six Flags parks maps in once place. I forget exactly which parks are in the pack, but I'm pretty sure it includes ones that are no longer Six Flags, like Kentucky Kingdom or Darien Lake.

Great box of stuff!

^ I haven't been to White Water since I was a teen. We would always make the annual trip to SFOG but miss White Water for some reason. I am super pumped. I'll have to make two trips next year....for my park visit and Deep South Bash (if work doesn't interfere again)!

^ I haven't opened the map pack yet. I thought it was just one big one. I didn't realize it was more than one. That makes it that much cooler.

Oh, yeah, if it's the same pack we got from SFMM (which it looks like it is), it's the big "wall maps" from ALL of the Six Flags parks! (or all of the parks at the time the map pack was put together!)

Oh, yeah, if it's the same pack we got from SFMM (which it looks like it is), it's the big "wall maps" from ALL of the Six Flags parks! (or all of the parks at the time the map pack was put together!)

That might take a little more time to get framed....and take up a lot of real estate in my office. I'll make room.

^ I haven't opened the map pack yet. I thought it was just one big one. I didn't realize it was more than one. That makes it that much cooler.

Yeup, these are the souvenir park maps (that were provided to guests at the parking toll plazas) from the 2007 season, the company's 45th year. It should feature every theme park that the company owned/operated that year. I have a few of these hanging in my office as well

858229537_IMG_07641.JPG.db94e56310c17bf5626501c4a21065a2.JPG

All the goodies!

I got my package today - Thanks Elissa! thanks ever so much! I love the shirt and legos.

I was NOT expecting that many pens/pencils/candy, some of the candy canes got mashed though as the photo will show.

Thanks for making my holidays even more brighter, I hope to be in attendance of another trip fairly soon.

Also - a verbal thank-you!

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=video_4_w4mq[/coastertube]

Edited by robbalvey

I got a box in the mail today!

IMG_1429.thumb.JPG.7d7ddd1b0fcb6e4b020ac26d14382c42.JPG

Hey, our TPR Secret Santa Box is here! Let's see what's inside...

IMG_1431.thumb.JPG.c0a6a2f1b6bedef3953b3256f517ca50.JPG

These are going to be very popular with the cats!

IMG_1432.thumb.JPG.fe92d1c29e7d0a24b30a1fdca3151abc.JPG

Ooooh, individually wrapped gifts! This is a skill I do not possess. The "Gift Bag" makes the holiday season a lot easier for me. Well that, and margaritas...

IMG_1433.thumb.JPG.5df3982beed027e05b0e07952bf505c9.JPG

It's the Fisticup! Since I enjoy coffee, and often need to punch people, this is an excellent gift!

IMG_1434.thumb.JPG.82af54449eb7e1c7b4b526c09fb88a8a.JPG

A book about wicked bugs?!? It's like you know my soul, Secret Santa! This will make excellent holiday reading!

IMG_1435.thumb.JPG.684cc20341efdee813f463ef3b5f4fc9.JPG

And a bonus surprise in the box - A SHARK!!!!

Thank you, Secret Santa! Thank you, Brandy! And thank you, Robb & Elissa for everything you do. And for putting up with my nonsense!

Have an awesome holiday everyone!!!

Great choices, guys! I'm sure my box is probably at my house by now, too, but I'm stuck at work for another hour. And considering that we've been too cheap to get internet in the new house yet, and how busy I'm going to be over the weekend, it'll probably be Monday before I post my gift.

So I got my Secret santa package today in the mail... and I'll admit, there were quite a few pleasant surprises...

To my Secret Santa... I used to live in Zip Code 22032... so the Address on the package would have travelled less than two miles had I still lived there...

And may I also say: AWESOME JOB in picking out what would fit to me: The tag on the outside of the box said quite "BS, Cheesecakes and Monkeys"...

So I opened the package and...

SS1.thumb.JPG.6b16b3f9857a98cbfd823d0b855712d2.JPG

The package opened...

And yes, that was what was in the package...

SS2.thumb.JPG.d000e974b39bc31e2f2b4511f9edfb4f.JPG

BS, Cheesecake and Monkey!

A huge "Thank you" to your great idea there- Penn & Teller are possibly my favorite de-bunker of BS and myths of society (And hold a place next to Adam and Jamie on 'Mythbusters' for the exact same reason!)

R.D.