TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2012! TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

Ahem ... 3/4 tank of gas from Home>SFMM>Knott's>Home.

Already super-stoked for WCB. TPR never fails to put on an amazing event!!

Gregg, I mean this in the ultimate spirit of brotherhood of coasters, parks and the like...

PBBBBBBBTTTTTT!!!!!

(Some of us aren't as blessed as YOU are to have them within driving distance...)

Either way- WCB 2012 is looking awesome so far... now if there was a little more Schwarzgoodness with it...

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ We may have the convince of driving for WCB, but remember we live in Socal and have to deal with lots of stupidity all year long. So it seems like a fair trade to me

I feel bad for the people who travel long distances to parks in SoCal. After they put a lot of time and effort in traveling and hotels, etc they run into stupid people here anyway.

Just a tough situation all around.

As much as I can't afford this...I think I'm gonna try. 2010 West Coast Bash was such an amazing time, I've been dying to go back. Flights just suck now (around 400-450), so I'm hoping there are some deals in the next month or so.

Try Virgin America, most likely around Christmas/slighty before and after...

^Well, it gets a bit complicated as If I go, I'll be going to Arizona (Tucson) as well to see my brother, and they don't serve nearby. Their closest airport to me (JFK) would require additional transportation to and from, as I live upstate near Syracuse. I do appreciate the heads up though, I'll be checking out all my options!

^Well, it gets a bit complicated as If I go, I'll be going to Arizona (Tucson) as well to see my brother, and they don't serve nearby. Their closest airport to me (JFK) would require additional transportation to and from, as I live upstate near Syracuse. I do appreciate the heads up though, I'll be checking out all my options!

No problem: If you choose to go from TUS, your best bet is Southwest- and they do LAX nonstop from TUS. As for the rest of the routing, that's a bit more complicated...

Now, that having been said: One CAN do a through-ticket (Multi-stop) routing from Southwest as well- However, you'd have to fly from ALB (Albany, NY) or BUF (Buffalo, NY) to make that work: That way your whole fare could be as one ticket- and might end up cheaper as a result. Also: Southwest does do good discounts along many routes that you'd not normally think of, particularly in Decemeber and January.

I just received another alert, so the Virgin America sale is back on again. Chicago to LAX is back down to $219. America, United, and Continental all matched Virgin America last week. So far, I haven't seen any of them match Virgin America this week.

VX (Virgin America) tends to have the same rotational 'deep discount' fare...but has (And will) go lower on occasion. The best sales, however. may still be yet to come...

Im strongly considering making the trek for this years event but I am trying to find the ride rehab schedules. Anyone know of any planned ride closures yet for both parks plus Universal and Disney?

All things Disney:

http://ocattractions.net/disneylandlive/current-attractions-event-info/

Lots of food places and restaurants that are changing this year. Big one is the Matterhorn's huge rehab. It's been down it seems a lot lately.

SFMM will have Roaring Rapids and Tidal Wave down for the winter. Whistlestop park is also closed in the off season and will reopen in the spring (if you care about your kiddie credit). Maybe one ride will have one train ops.

You'll probably see one train ops at Knott's. Perilous Plunge, Bigfoot Rapids, and the log ride will probably be down for the winter, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Not too familiar with Universal, sorry.

You'll probably see one train ops at Knott's. Perilous Plunge, Bigfoot Rapids, and the log ride will probably be down for the winter, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Knott's actually does run their water rides in the winter, so the Log Ride and Bigfoot Rapids should be open (although the Rapids will have reduced hours). Perilous Plunge is hit or miss any time of the year, but I've ridden it in January so it could be open (I've actually had better luck with it in the spring/fall than in the summer).

Im strongly considering making the trek for this years event but I am trying to find the ride rehab schedules. Anyone know of any planned ride closures yet for both parks plus Universal and Disney?

All things Disney:

http://ocattractions.net/disneylandlive/current-attractions-event-info/

Lots of food places and restaurants that are changing this year. Big one is the Matterhorn's huge rehab. It's been down it seems a lot lately.

SFMM will have Roaring Rapids and Tidal Wave down for the winter. Whistlestop park is also closed in the off season and will reopen in the spring (if you care about your kiddie credit). Maybe one ride will have one train ops.

Not too familiar with Universal, sorry.

Thanks a bunch, I plan to pass on the water rides anyway and I doubt one train ops will be to much of a problem that time of the year. The only disappointment is Matterhorn but I guess that will be another excuse for me to return in a few years when Potter comes to town.