The 2011 Halloween Event Superthread!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fright Fest at Six Flags Magic Mountain this Sunday

Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort next Wednesday (not technically an event, but I count it)

That's it for this year. I'm really not that into Halloween events, and am only doing this ones because they offer event-only attractions and I've never done either before (plus I get admission with my pass).

I went to Lake Compounce's event The Haunted Graveyard on Saturday. While the maze is great and incredibly long there were a few missteps. First the line to get tickets was painfully slow. I think it's due to the lack of signage explaining the ticket options. The line would move along then get stuck for ten minutes on one patron. There was also no signs in the park as to where the Haunt was. I had a few random guests ask me if I knew where it was and I knew only because Ive seen it on google maps.

Overall a great time and night rides on Boulderdash is a great way to end the season

I was at Scarowinds on Saturday and Sunday nights and I have to admit out of the three parks I have been to it was the best halloween event I have seen. Just like every other park during this year avoid Saturdays, an hour into the evening on Saturday the parking lot was half full and the line of cars to get in was backed up almost to the Wendys. The season pass lot was overflowed with cars parked in the grass at 8PM.

I was there from 7 until 8 that night since I knew I was coming back on Sunday but managed to get five mazes in that hour while the crowd that was there was still at Intimidator and Afterburn, which by the way had a full queue and spilled out onto the midway

I went to Lake Compounce's event The Haunted Graveyard on Saturday. While the maze is great and incredibly long there were a few missteps. First the line to get tickets was painfully slow. I think it's due to the lack of signage explaining the ticket options. The line would move along then get stuck for ten minutes on one patron. There was also no signs in the park as to where the Haunt was. I had a few random guests ask me if I knew where it was and I knew only because Ive seen it on google maps.

Overall a great time and night rides on Boulderdash is a great way to end the season

I have always been curious about the Haunted Graveyard. Is it actually one continuous walkthrough or is like separate houses that just lead one into another? I guess my question is...do you only have to wait in a line only once?

Yes, you only wait once. The maze is divided into different sections but you walk right from one into the next.

The other thing is when you buy your ticket you also sign up for a time. At your time you show up and then wait in a short line, sort of like fastpass. For us it was only a fifteen minute wait, but we were at the start of the night so I don't if it backs up more as the night goes on. It really is a great setup.

I consider many of these haunted attractions to give me nearly as many thrills as coasters!

We live in NC, home of one of the top outdoor haunted attractions ever, Woods of Terror! We made a map of many of the NC haunted attractions for 2011: http://www.multiplotter.com/index.php?map_id=33214&showmap

We want to share some local and national sites where you can find your own haunted attractions:

North Carolina Haunts: http://nchaunts.com/

Top Haunts Nationwide: http://www.americasbesthaunts.com/

We are into reviewing our haunted experiences, and want to hear yours, too! Thrillseekers unite: http://hauntedgenrereviews.blogspot.com/

Good points. I never thought of the signage issue since I had been to the park so many times.

Edited by larrygator

Oops, I'm sorry for making that other thread.

But is this thread only for Theme Park Halloween Events? If so, I went to Worlds of Fun for Haunt a couple weeks ago. I only got two haunted houses in, which sucks. I went to Master McCarthy's Doll Factory and London Terror. I also went through CarnEvil, but that's a Scare Zone. Yeah, it turned out to be a pretty bad night for me...

If you visited a haunt attraction this year and posted at trip report, please respond to this thread so we can add it to the directory! It will be very useful in the upcoming years to look back at reports from certain events to help plan for the future!

Can't take a full TR of my haunt because a camera would be EXTREMELY out of character, and only media outlets are generally allowed to take photos or video. However, I have some reviews and some (mostly stock) photos to give you an idea.

PHOTOS:

REVIEWS

If anyone is in the area next season, we are located at the Mining Museum in Colorado Springs, CO, off I-25 Exit 156A. You'll know you're there when you see the hoist towers.

• 4 years later...