TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Hello all! I'm visiting my friend in North Carolina next month, and we plan on driving to SFOG during the weekend. Specifically, we'll be there Saturday, April 18th and probably the earlier half of Sunday, April 19th. As neither of us have been to SFOG, I wanted to hear from the seasoned experts as to what to hit first, what to avoid, etc.

*Note, we do have the Gold Season Pass we purchased at SFMM this past fall, which will allow us the free parking and early entry, assuming SFOG does it too.

Thanks!

Everyone hits Batman first, but it's up to two trains, so it's not the nightmare it was it's first wekeend . So I'd recommend Dare Devil Dive, it's low capacity, and it's one of those coasters that everyone likes, but you never really hear any raves about, but for my money its the third best ride in the park behind Goliath and Batman. The only other capacity issue you might run into is Mindbender, it's been down to one train since mid summer last year, although it usually has the fastest crew in the park which helps ease the pain of one train as usual. Also, make sure you don't miss Monster Mansion it's one of the best dark rides out there.

Everyone hits Batman first, but it's up to two trains, so it's not the nightmare it was it's first wekeend . So I'd recommend Dare Devil Dive, it's low capacity, and it's one of those coasters that everyone likes, but you never really hear any raves about, but for my money its the third best ride in the park behind Goliath and Batman. The only other capacity issue you might run into is Mindbender, it's been down to one train since mid summer last year, although it usually has the fastest crew in the park which helps ease the pain of one train as usual. Also, make sure you don't miss Monster Mansion it's one of the best dark rides out there.

Mindbender was running two trains yesterday. Batman was also quite a nightmare at all times of the day, but that might've had to do with the cheer and band competition happening in the arena next door.

Mindbender was running two trains yesterday. Batman was also quite a nightmare at all times of the day, but that might've had to do with the cheer and band competition happening in the arena next door.

Thank the lord they got the second train back on Mindbender, I was so worried seeing it still in shambles opening weekend, I thought it was never going to get back to two trains.

It was still in shambles last week to!! I wonder if the train we are seeing in shambles is the old third scrapped train for parts.. I thought they already parted it all out though

The one I saw last weekend was torn all the way down to the frame! I couldn't imagine having it all repaired in a week

It was still in shambles last week to!! I wonder if the train we are seeing in shambles is the old third scrapped train for parts.. I thought they already parted it all out though

The one I saw last weekend was torn all the way down to the frame! I couldn't imagine having it all repaired in a week

I agree. I am pretty certain the one we saw in pieces (exactly where it has been since last season) is one of just 2 trains that exist at this point. I would love to hear that the ride has two train operation but it seems hard to believe.

Can anyone else help to confirm if it is back to 2 train operations?

I agree. I am pretty certain the one we saw in pieces (exactly where it has been since last season) is one of just 2 trains that exist at this point. I would love to hear that the ride has two train operation but it seems hard to believe.

I'll be able to let you know Sunday!!

Maybe it's the SDL Trains from Hersheypark?

Yeah BC I find it hard to believe they fixed that train in under a week! Not saying it didn't happen haha but I saw it last weekend, like someone else already mentioned, exactly in the same place and same conditions as last year haha

It'll be good to hear so hopefully it is true!

I stood in line last week with one train stuck on the lift hill and the other stuck halfway into the station, so I can literally guarantee to you that there were two on the track. If I had known physical proof was needed, I would've gotten you a picture of both from that spot.

I stood in line last week with one train stuck on the lift hill and the other stuck halfway into the station, so I can literally guarantee to you that there were two on the track. If I had known physical proof was needed, I would've gotten you a picture of both from that spot.

Its not that no one believes you, we are all just curious where this mystery third train came from haha.

It is not that I don't believe you, I just find it generally hard to believe and just really really odd considering it appeared nothing has changed since they lost the 2nd train last July, and come opening weekend it appeared to be the exact same situation as it has been for some 6 months, then suddenly all is normal and well.

I am extremely excited to hear this news though!!!

I'll be able to let you know Sunday!!

I will likely be there Sunday as well!

I still can't fully believe Mindbender is back to 2 trains but if it is and if the park is as dead as it usually is on Easter Sunday I will be marathoning that masterpiece of a coaster!

It is not that I don't believe you, I just find it generally hard to believe and just really really odd considering it appeared nothing has changed since they lost the 2nd train last July, and come opening weekend it appeared to be the exact same situation as it has been for some 6 months, then suddenly all is normal and well.

Yeah and all is well in under a week because I was there last weekend and it was still apart.. Now this weekend there are two trains.. I find it odd as well

They might have purchased a train from another park and the second train that went down last year is now a part train

If that's the case MOVE it.. Haha it looks like a junk yard with the train guts just laying there lol

Yeah and all is well in under a week because I was there last weekend and it was still apart.. Now this weekend there are two trains.. I find it odd as well

They might have purchased a train from another park and the second train that went down last year is now a part train

If that's the case MOVE it.. Haha it looks like a junk yard with the train guts just laying there lol

I know it's trashy just thrown around by the lift, especially considering Mindbender is one of the prettier coasters out there.

I would really love to know the answer. Are you saying there are 2 trains on the track and a 3rd in pieces between the maintenance shed and the loop? If so, the third train exists and is more put together than I thought (and was repainted along with the other 2 a few years back) or they bought a used train at some point. If the train that was on the ground is gone, I assume it was the 2nd of just 2 trains left and they somehow slapped it back together between opening weekend and the next weekend after seemingly not touching it since late last summer.

I am still so confused by this...

Genuinely excited though.

I would really love to know the answer. Are you saying there are 2 trains on the track and a 3rd in pieces between the maintenance shed and the loop? If so, the third train exists and is more put together than I thought (and was repainted along with the other 2 a few years back) or they bought a used train at some point. If the train that was on the ground is gone, I assume it was the 2nd of just 2 trains left and they somehow slapped it back together between opening weekend and the next weekend after seemingly not touching it since late last summer.

I am still so confused by this...

Genuinely excited though.

Yeah and I was there the second weekend this year and it was still in pieces so they slapped it together between the second and third weekend in just 4 or 5 days haha

BC the second weekend there was one train on the track and the one on the ground in thousands of pieces.. Wasnt another in the maint shed as far as I could tell

Does anyone know what the last day of Namtab is at SFOG? I tried to find a date, but I couldn't find one.

I believe the first or second weekend in May is the last weekend for it.. It leaves very early May

I wanna say it's May 10th

May 10th is what I recall as well. Really happy to hear about Mindbender being back to two trains. Despite its glory, knowing how quickly a good crew can churn through people with two train ops makes waiting for one train that much more painful!

Does anyone know what the last day of Namtab is at SFOG? I tried to find a date, but I couldn't find one.

I believe the first or second weekend in May is the last weekend for it.. It leaves very early May

I wanna say it's May 10th

May 10th is what I recall as well. Really happy to hear about Mindbender being back to two trains. Despite its glory, knowing how quickly a good crew can churn through people with two train ops makes waiting for one train that much more painful!

The crew at Mindbender has usually been the best in the park since the one train operations began. If they keep that up with the two train operations, I will definitely be spending a lot of time riding it over and over!

^I will be visiting SFOG this summer and am glad to hear of 2 train ops and the solid Mindbender crew. Shockwave is one of my favorites at SFOT, my home park, and interestingly enough even when the Titan or Texas Giant lines are crawling beyond belief the Shockwave team will usually be on their game. Much love to Shwarzkopf classics.