TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Say Something Random" Thread

robbalvey

I was talking to my friend about the film Twelve Angry Men (fantastic film, by the way) today at school, since he's watching it in English. He asks me, jokingly, "Man, this entire movie takes place in one room, it's like they could have done it all with no budget at all. What do you think they spent it on?"

We spent the following minutes fantasizing what it would be like if Michael Bay or James Cameron were directing only the last five minutes of the movie, and were told to use the ENTIRE BUDGET to make whatever they wanted.

Hilarity ensued.

Twelve Angry Men (fantastic film, by the way)

Agreed.

I just love film. I someone can take an idea from their mind any visually project it to a viewer. It makes me think of the thought process that people go through when writing a film. I wonder how much of what we see was in the original idea of the writer. It just fascinates me. It is an art form. I would love to spend a day picking Kubrick's (R.I.P.) mind or even Aronofsy's mind.

"There are lots of ways of being miserable, but there's only one way of being comfortable, and that is to stop running round after happiness. If you make up your mind not to be happy there's no reason why you shouldn't have a fairly good time."

Edith Wharton, The Last Asset, 1904

US novelist (1862 - 1937)

And for something even more random, check out what got stuck in the pool pump!

Edited by TerryLBaker

I don't have the patience to learn diabolo.

By diabolo, do you mean the juggling equipment that's like a yoyo on a string connected to two sticks that you hold?

If so, those really aren't that difficult to learn, just work on it for a day or two. Online lessons also help. Speaking of, I think I'm gonna pull mine out, I haven't tried it in years...