TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Say Something Random" Thread

robbalvey

Poem by Anon...imoose. 🍁

"Spring has sprung ~ The grass has ris ~ I wonder where the flowers is? 🌻

As they say, 'The Bird is On The Wing' ~ But that's absurd ~ The Wing is always On The Bird."

🐦

• 2 weeks later...

I went into my kitchen 3 times within a half hour. To turn on the oven, to put a pizza into the oven, and to pull the pizza out of the oven. The whole time, my cat is sleeping on a chair in the adjacent room. The only time she wanted to cuddle was when I went to grab my pizza from the oven.

^ Yep. Cats happen. 😻

Came back a couple of hours ago, from getting my first vaccine shot.

And so far ..... no growing scales or fur, losing hair, eyesight's fine ..... doo dah.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ Wellll ..... my first loaf had not 'risen' enough, but was still awesome to eat.

(And I froze 1/2 of the loaf, as I will for all three "plain white" breads I create and bake. To "compare.")

My second loaf (today) was bigger, and way more 'spongy' than I like. But it did pay to whisk all the dry ingredients together, before adding the water. Also, I put 1/4 cup more water than usual (1-1/2cups) and the dough was "hard to control," as far as reshaping it for a second rise. And most importantly, this is not a bread to allow overnight rising. I let too many hours go by (12+), when it should have been only 6-8 hours' rising time, as recommended. But still, a great loaf to eat.

Tuesday, I am going to now start it in the morning, and end up baking Bread #3 in late afternoon. Which is probably for the best.

Stay tuned for The Big Finish! 🍞

(And I will have photos to show the differences between the 3 loafs, etc. And I may start The BREAD Thread! here, since I cannot be The Only One who has been baking up loaves during these times, yes? No?)

• 3 weeks later...

I had a nice day, earlier. A friend had organized a picnic get together, for several queers, us included.

Went off great, and I took (2) new loaves of bread to share with others. It was a nice afternoon.

IMG_3061.JPG.9d1c2b78d264616e049f46b39acf4008.JPG

This was "one of those loaves...." Cheddar and jalapeno, mmmmmmm.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...