TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mack spinning coaster "Le Twist" in the french park Le Pal

Hi,

because i didn`t find any thread about this one, i`ll decided to open a new one! There is a new Mack spinner in the French park - le pal. It is operating, so here are some pics and some videos:

source: http://www.coasterfriends.de/forum/europa-news/1579-neu-2011-spinning-coaster-le-pal-7.html

Onride video:

offride videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vydfPXNQDXE

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I don't have access to youtube at the moment, I'm judging based off the photos. I think this is a awesome looking ride. I've always considered those type of coaster cars "outdated" though, even if their not. They just don't look as approachable as some other spinning coasters cars from other manufactures do. Regardless of my opinion on the coaster cars, the layout looks like it makes it fun ride. Like I said before, since I don't have the access to youtube, I would like to ask a question... How well does it spin?

^ its hard to explain if it spins a lot or not i would say it has a good amount of spinning, but not as extrem as on some gerstlauers, in the videos you can see that it only makes 1-2 complette turns... so maybe for some people its very less spinning! But on spinning coaster, you know it can change everytime, for example how people loaded, how big they are...blabla.

But what i like at this coaster is the tracklayout, because its very close to the floor, so you take the helixes with really fast speed for a spinner, and it just looses speed for short moments. So looks like fun in my opinion (haven´t ridden it yet).

^ its hard to explain if it spins a lot or not i would say it has a good amount of spinning, but not as extrem as on some gerstlauers, in the videos you can see that it only makes 1-2 complette turns... so maybe for some people its very less spinning! But on spinning coaster, you know it can change everytime, for example how people loaded, how big they are...blabla.

But what i like at this coaster is the tracklayout, because its very close to the floor, so you take the helixes with really fast speed for a spinner, and it just looses speed for short moments. So looks like fun in my opinion (haven´t ridden it yet).

Thanks for the description. I was able to watch the video last night when I got out of a area where internet is blocked. (Pesky school). I agree with your census on the spinning. Thanks for taking your time to describe it to me.

Le Pal in the middle of France Opened mid April with a New Mack Spinning Coaster .

I first thought that it would be like Sierra Sidewinder at KBF but hell no . Le Twist is actually the best Spinning coaster in this country ( Not hard with Crush Coaster at the WDS ) .

Enjoy the Photos !!! The Horseshoe is actually awesome and the lap bars also were new .

LE Tigre du Bengale a Roller Coaster from Soquet !!!!

DSC00428.JPG

DSC00426.JPG

Nice little park has some nice little places !!!

DSC00430.JPG

Le Twist !!!

DSC00434.JPG

Look !!! Sound like a great Coaster from Mack huh ? With their new design of rails like Blue Fire at Europa Park .

DSC00437.JPG

The BEST Element of this Coaster !!!

DSC00438.JPG

More photos from Le Twit !!!

DSC00539.JPG

DSC00440.JPG

DSC00442.JPG

DSC00443.JPG

DSC00445.JPG

Theses trains had the new Lap Bars !!!!

DSC00447.JPG

DSC00457.

DSC00461.JPG

You could also find a King King Ride from HUSS .

DSC00463.JPG

Disk'O Coaster from Zamperla .

DSC00470.JPG

Azteka another roller coaster from Soquet . Roughest coaster in the park !

DSC00473.JPG

The design of the trains were pretty but not the coaster itself .

DSC00475.JPG

DSC00476.JPG

Outch !!! That Hurts !!

DSC00525.JPG

DSC00524.JPG

DSC00522.JPG

DSC00480.JPG

DSC00481.JPG

Nice area !

DSC00498.JPG

DSC00499.JPG

More Credit Whoring !!!

DSC00501.JPG

The Flume Ride !!! The Water were clean !! When a Water is clean in a flume ride this means that the park has a great maintenance .

DSC00508.JPG

DSC00509.JPG

Nice !!!

DSC00513.JPG

DSC00517.JPG

Le Pal was a nice little park owned by a Family . I was very impressed by Le Pal . Food wasn't that good but the Park Quality in General were awesome . I suggest everybody who are near Le Pal to visi this park .

Edited by robbalvey

Anyone know if it was higher speeds and forces that caused them to use the Blue Fire style track instead of the skinnier, previous track style used in Sierra Sidewinder?

This looks like a great ride! I hope Mack gets more of these built because they're fantastic! I actually prefer them over the Gertslauer Spinners.

Anyone know if it was higher speeds and forces that caused them to use the Blue Fire style track instead of the skinnier, previous track style used in Sierra Sidewinder?

Yes !!! But i found Sierra Sidewinder OK but compare to Le Twist ? Le Twist is actually a lot better than SierraSidewinder . The speed , Twisting part of the ride and the horseshoe makes this ride Umbelieveable . Also each Cars are on Free spinning by Weigh Balance compared to Sierra Sidewinder and Euro Mir which both of them have the controlled spinning .

• 1 year later...

How have I not heard about this until now?

Has Mack finally gotten around to getting their spinning coaster design up to spec? I mean, just read my TR from Europe and you'll know that I LOVE Euro-Mir, but let's be honest, it's hardly a "spinning" coaster. This one seems to combine Euro-Mir's controlled spins with the more popular free spinning rides. I really hope more of these pop up!

How have I not heard about this until now?

Has Mack finally gotten around to getting their spinning coaster design up to spec? I mean, just read my TR from Europe and you'll know that I LOVE Euro-Mir, but let's be honest, it's hardly a "spinning" coaster. This one seems to combine Euro-Mir's controlled spins with the more popular free spinning rides. I really hope more of these pop up!

Sierra Sidewinder (Knott's) was the first time Mack built a non-controlled spinning coaster. I went on Sierra Sidewinder and it was very good and the best family coaster I have been on. I've heard of Twist before (thanks RCDB) and from watching the video, it looks just as good as Sierra Sidewinder. So, I'm sure this is an excellent family coaster.

Sierra Sidewinder (Knott's) was the first time Mack built a non-controlled spinning coaster. I went on Sierra Sidewinder and it was very good and the best family coaster I have been on. I've heard of Twist before (thanks RCDB) and from watching the video, it looks just as good as Sierra Sidewinder. So, I'm sure this is an excellent family coaster.

Sierra Sidewinder was Mack? Well, then, that's news to me. I rode it in 2011 and had no idea.

I got the opportunity to check out Le Twist last year (when it opened) and was surprised by how GREAT it was. Seriously, better than some of the less intense Maurer Söhne spinners (Salama, Tarántula). Not only it is smooth but also has some good spinning during the horseshoe element and some of the S-turns.

Besides, capacity on this was also very good. With both trains it could reach more than 1,000 pph (and Le Pal staff was very efficient at dispatches).

Edited by oriolat

• 1 year later...

For the next major addition the park has gone back to Mack again.

In 2014 a splash battle will open. It will actually have a very original theme IMO.

It will be called "Alligator Bay" and be themed to Mississippi/Louisiana paddle boats.

Model of the station

Low quality concept art.

Construction

Boats.

I love the different themes we have seen on splash battles lately. Vikings for Plopsaland, Cambodia for Port Aventura and now this.

Source