TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I'm annoyed right now. It's snowing. Yay... or not. Tomorrow our school gets a really short (3 hour) day, and our county likes to cancel school if there's even an inch of snow. I don't want to get the day off, waste one of our free snow days, and then if we get more snow days have to make it up on a day we would have off. Even worse, if the county decides to have a two hour delay, we have to go the whole day.

I hate graphing lines. We spent a long time on it last year in algebra, so why do we have to learn graphing again this year?

Also why are all of the freshmen being forced into participating in 'Challenge Day?' (Don't ask me why it's called that...apparently it's something done at schools across the country.)

Why should we spend 7 hours playing 'team building' games and telling each other (including people you don't like or who don't like you) your feelings and secrets, in order to form a "more friendly community" and break up cliques at school. Somehow I don't see that working.....

It sounds a little too Mean Girls-ish for me.....

Ok I'm done ranting about that now.

^ We spent a lot of time on graphing equations too.

I hate some of the teachers at my school . One of them just stares at me and when I ask why, she yells at me telling me not to what her. She needs to the bulls*** slapped the h** out of her. Or, she, like 80% of the teachers at my school, needs to get laid, pronto.

What a b**** !!

pied piper, it's a local kids theatre group and i'm in charge of spot light...there's an older kids play and a younger kids play and they're western themed this year (country christmas carol and the littlest star) well, this girl was about 1/3-1/2 of my size so...it was a little awkward.

My rant is play related, and it's heated...

SO, it's less than a week before we go up, and lets just make a list on the reasons why I hate this play...

1. The director cares not, hence, the plays sucks azz.

2. Nobody has any enthusiasm, half the poeple in drama don't care about drama, and it pisses me right the eph off.

3. Since I've been told so many different things to be, I had no idea what to get cosyume wise, so I bought green/red stuffs and a santa hgat to be festive. My apathetic teacher can kiss my arse if she doesn't like it because to honest I could really care less. If I'm not even given ANY direction on what to go get, what am I to do? The entire plays costumes are one giant mish-mash anyway.

4. The play is terribly written. The blocking is impossible, there are so many awkward lines, very little character description, and there is no flow to it at all.

I hope I get pink-eye so I dont have to fricking do it. >.<

I can't stand when people get in the fast lane and just camp out while going the speed limit or slower! Are these people morons? Do they not understand the concept? And more so, I can't stand when people just drive down the road five under the speed limit. Newsflash: When you have 15 or more cars lined up behind you, you're supposed to pull over and let everybody go by you inconsiderate sack of something awful.

-Scott "I talk in the second person when I'm annoyed" Parrish

My rant is play related, and it's heated... I hope I get pink-eye so I dont have to fricking do it. >.<

Welcome to Show Bizzzzzzzzz!

My sympathies. I blocked out whatever the hell school crap I was put thru in 'dramatic arts.' Eh. Somehow tho, I managed to get myself into doing backstage work? And props? That way, I didn't have to be onstage at all, since there was enough non-talented prima donnas (and some of the girls, too!) to go around with all the parts being played.

'Nough from me. Well, muddle thru as best as you see fit. Then bitch and complain if they can't even see you tried to do... something, right?

^^^^What play???

I'm ranting that I have to do math homework. We usually have 2-3 HOURS of it....

Oh, and some stupid sophmore got a huge role in our fall play (a BIG hit), and he really wasn't that good, AT ALL. Everything was slurred.

Now he expects to get a big role in the spring musical, Footloose (auditions on thurs.!!!!), and he can't sing AT ALL. Oh well, he's pretty nice, so I dunno....

I hope I get a part that isn't just ensamble!!!!

^^^^What play???

Sounded to me, like it was an original school play/musical of some kind. Yes, BiCoastal? No?

Is it something already written from Broadway, or a movie turned into a play? Or is it based on a book?

Still curious. Me, too.

"When you have 15 or more cars lined up behind you, you're supposed to pull over and let everybody go by"

In California, it's five cars (unless they've changed the law).

Today's rant: When someone spots a friend in a restaurant and shouts, "HEYYY!!! HOW YA DOIN'!!!" "DUUUUDE! DANG, IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME!!!" And then they proceed to have this shouting match inside a restaurant!

Helllooo...get up off of your sorry ass and go talk to the guy---or go outside and shout.

Eric

^ Oooh its weird that we both thinking about our passports 2day! Your passport seems worth the 60 Euros!

Ours is just the standard normal passport... Probably only costs about £10 to make!

AND... When I send away for my passport, I will need to get a provisional driving lisence incase I need ID... And that Costs £38!!

Chrissie " I need a new job or the winning lottery ticket" Stevenson