TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official West Coast Bash 2011 Thread - SFMM & KBF

Speaking of Superman opening, does this open up the opportunity to add it to ERT? If not, then I will probably get a spot in line for it just after the end of ERT time, before the park opens.

I was thinking about doing the same thing myself.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So forgive me if I am missing the obvious or overlooked this information elsewhere in this thread... Will there be more details about times for this event coming soon? I signed up for the event on Jan 25th. I did receive a confirmation email from Robb on February 24th acknowledging payment. The email also said there would be further details to follow. But so far I haven't seen anything else.

I understand the basics...Morning ERT at 8:30 am, evening ERT at 9:00 pm. My question is when will the park open? Where do we meet to get our t-shirts and tickets\packet, etc?

We are driving in from AZ and I need to know to plan the drive and where to go when we get there. Also, am I supposed to print out the confirmation email or will something be sent in the mail this week?

TIA for your reply.

More West Coast Bash tickets to be released on Monday morning!

Hey everyone! I'm currently going through all the WCB ticket orders and those who haven't paid up and haven't contacted us about it will have their tickets canceled and available to YOU! Please note that we will only have about 20-25 tickets available.

These tickets will go on sale Monday morning at 10:00am PST. Please keep an eye on this thread and we will post when they go on sale. So if you were one of those people who procrastinated (shame on you!) and didn't get your WCB tickets, you will have another chance on Monday morning!

Club TPR Members - you can still buy your WCB tickets RIGHT NOW! Click here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=22

So remember, if you need WCB tickets and you are not a Club TPR Member...Monday morning you'll have a chance! To all those people who didn't pay up for their tickets...their loss could be YOUR gain!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

This is my first WCB and I'm hoping there are some people here who might offer some tips on surviving it.

First, a question? I notice that the info says "free parking" until 8:30am. I'm assuming that this means if you arrive before that time you get free parking for the day ... a good saving.

Secondly, my last theme park visit was about ten years ago so to SF near Dallas/Fort Worth. This was for four or five hours. Not the marathon that WCB appears to be. Is it worth taking a knap sack with sunscreen, sun glasses, water, change of clothes (or at least some things to layer as the temperature changes)? Is it a nuisance putting things in a locker plus paying for the priviledge? Right now the long range forecast is calling for sunny but (at least to you Californians) chilly weather on the 19th and 20th.

I'd also like to take lots of pictures. I have a smallish waterproof/shockproof digital camera. I know not to use in while 'on' the rides. But is it practical (or allowed) to stick it in a zippered pocket while riding. I suppose it would not be very comfortable if it got stuck under a restraint or lap belt.

I'm travelling down to L.A. (first visit) on Tuesday for a week of exploring the town. I'm sure WCB will be the highlight.

Thanks for any tips you might have for this newbee.

Harold

Victoria, B.C. Canada

^Sunglasses, sun screen and camera can fit in your pockets, as most of the people on here will tell you, cargo pants/shorts work best. I would stay away from velcro pockets, as the forces on some of the coasters are pretty strong, button or zipper pockets are good. A light jacket or even an undershirt would work for the night/morning as long as the forecast doesn't call for rain, it can get pretty cold on there in the evening, and riding a coaster speeding through the night air makes it even colder. Last year I just left my stuff in the car and went out in the evening and changed from shorts to pants, and grabbed a hoodie. Also, I did take a nap in the car during the afternoon, just remember to check the events schedule to make sure you won't miss anything. Other than that it's a really well run event and as long as you look at the itinerary you should be ok.

Secondly, my last theme park visit was about ten years ago so to SF near Dallas/Fort Worth. This was for four or five hours. Not the marathon that WCB appears to be. Is it worth taking a knap sack with sunscreen, sun glasses, water, change of clothes (or at least some things to layer as the temperature changes)? Is it a nuisance putting things in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo plus paying for the priviledge? Right now the long range forecast is calling for sunny but (at least to you Californians) chilly weather on the 19th and 20th.

It depends on which type of lock-er you are looking at using. If you are planning to rent an all day lock-er it might not be a bad idea to bring a back pack with sunscreen, sun glasses, water, and a change of clothes. My only concern with all day lockers is that I don't know if they are available during morning or night ERT. I assume you would have to return the key to the lock-er before the park closes at it's regular time, because I doubt they will staff the lock-er rentals. I don't know how SFMM does all day lock-ers.

The $1 per ride/hour lock-ers can add up really fast. Every time you ride you have to spend another $1 for a lock-er. If you're only planning to ride a few coasters, this may be cheaper than an all day lock-er. I also don't know if we will be required to use the $1 lock-ers during ERT or if we will even have the option to use them... I'm planning to bring only what will fit in my cargo shorts. I can fit a water bottle, a camera, my cell phone, my car keys, and my wallet without any problem. I use the wrist straps from my Wii controllers to make sure my phone and car keys don't fall out of my pocket.

I'd also like to take lots of pictures. I have a smallish waterproof/shockproof digital camera. I know not to use in while 'on' the rides. But is it practical (or allowed) to stick it in a zippered pocket while riding. I suppose it would not be very comfortable if it got stuck under a restraint or lap belt.

As I mentioned above: I carry my small camera in my pocket, either a zippered pocket or a pocket with a button I can wrap the wrist strap around. I've never had any problems from a park for doing this and it usually isn't too uncomfortable when I'm riding.

At Knott's Berry Farm I'll be bringing a back pack, since they have cubbyholes in the station for that kind of stuff.

One more tip: If you're planning on riding X2, make sure your pockets are adequate - shorts-style pockets will not hold a cell phone, for instance, on that ride. The first time I rode X2 I lost my keys, my cell phone and my Parkinson's medication. Fortunately I had a backup supply of medicine, my cell phone was found, and my friend was driving.

One more tip: If you're planning on riding X2, make sure your pockets are adequate - shorts-style pockets will not hold a cell phone, for instance, on that ride. The first time I rode X2 I lost my keys, my cell phone and my Parkinson's medication. Fortunately I had a backup supply of medicine, my cell phone was found, and my friend was driving.

Yeah, I learned that the hard way. I lost my season pass cupon book on X2. Good thing the actual season pass stayed inside my pockets!

Might be a stupid question, but do you have to stay in any specific group at WCB? (besides tours, etc)

As far as I understand we are free to roam the park as we chose. I believe everything is optional, except maybe meeting in a designated area while the park clears out at closing, this is what happened at SFDK for evening ERT. I know the lunch and park presentation will be at designated times and if you aren't there, you miss out.

MORE WCB KNOTT'S NEWS!

We will have ERT on the following coasters:

Silver Bullet ERT

GhostRider ERT

Sierra Sidewinder ERT

Xcelertaor ERT

Supreme Scream ERT

Jaguar ERT

Montezoomas ERT

Backstage Tours include:

Timber Mountain Log Ride

Xcelerator

Windseeker Construction Tour

Presentations include:

**NEW** Eric Lynxwiler, author of "Knott's Preserved" will give a presentation on the history of Knott's

**NEW** Coming Attractions with Knott's President Marty Keithley and Joey Toyoshiba

Haunt 2011 Preview with Jeff Tucker and Daniel Miller

Lunchtime activities:

TPR Quest! With awesome Knott's prizes! (You don't want to miss this!)

Other bonuses will include:

**NEW** Bonus Knott's T-Shirt! (Knott's has thrown in some extra Knott's swag for WCB attendees!)

And you never know...there may even be more surprises coming the day of the event!

The Knott's day of WCB is going to be AWESOME! If you haven't bought your tickets yet, more tickets will go on sale for a limited time MONDAY MORNING! Get them! Don't be the guy who watches the event via trip reports going "Man, I should have been there..."

See you next weekend at West Coast Bash!

--Robb

Other bonuses will include:

**NEW** Bonus Knott's T-Shirt! (Knott's has thrown in some extra Knott's swag for WCB attendees!)

That's awesome! I love when parks add in extra stuff. Is it an event specific Knott's shirt?

**NEW** Eric Lynxwiler, author of "Knott's Preserved" will give a presentation on the history of Knott's

I'm also looking forward to this. Hopefully it will be similar to the one that The Season Pass posted the audio from, only this time I'll get to see the photos!

Edited by R.C.

As much as I would hate to admit it to my friends, riding the coasters is never the highlight for me at any event I have gone to with TPR. It is more about the one-of-a-kind experiences they open you up to. And this last update just shows you how true that can be. Robb, i'm with you on more free swag! Leaving the bay area at about 1pm on Friday, see you all there!