TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Its a shame the loop isn't centered over top of Voyage, how cool would that be to be at the top looking down at a Voyage train or be on the Voyage and look up and see people hanging upside down above you, there would have to be some kind of netting but man that would be cool.

Reach over and touched this piece.

How I would love to touch B&M track! I'm probably sounding ridiculous right now......

Its a shame the loop isn't centered over top of Voyage, how cool would that be to be at the top looking down at a Voyage train or be on the Voyage and look up and see people hanging upside down above you, there would have to be some kind of netting but man that would be cool.

Yeah I also thought about that, it would certainly be cool.

Yeah I also thought about that, it would certainly be cool.

While that would be cool, one nice thing about its placement is that the track will be physically closer to the Voyage. If the loop was centered, the track would be much higher over the ride, but instead the track that goes to enter the loop acts as a cool type of headchopper element.

That last batch of pictures is the first time I've not thought that immelmann was super ugly - props to you for changing my mind!

Yeah. After seeing the first pictures of it after the topping off I thought it looked really strangely shaped. But these photos definitely make it look more like a normal Immelmann.

If I counted correctly (which is hard when you don't have much time to keep track of construction) they added three pieces today, which would put them at 28/77 pieces. I'm really enjoying keeping count for some reason. Can't believe how much they got done today, the rain we had in this area was just insane, as where the storms (nice try, Thunderbird ).

Also, I love the report from Happy Halloween Weekends. Really love that HW is putting an emphasis on the kids when so many parks are focused on being as scary as possible.

Well, I'm totally sold on making a weekend trip to the park sometime this October.

Wow...I am really digging that color scheme. But then again, any B&M looks good!

Funny how when people were before complaining about the coaster, they included the color scheme. This coaster's gonna be funky, but very cool and photogenic nonetheless!

Apart from the rain today, I think the wind is what really kept them from being able to do anything. Paula even tweeted about how it looked like ThunderbirdCam was nodding in approval of the loop coming together. They look prepared to get the loop done as soon as the weather permits. Unfortunately after that, I don't think we're gonna be able to see a whole lot until they get to the carousel through the barn. Of course, this is all pending on where they move the construction cam, if that's still happening. I believe Paula said they plan on moving it north and east. Should be interesting to see where it's placed if they do move it.

^ When it's black and white, it's because there's not enough light out yet for the camera to display all of its technicolor glory (early morning, late evening, very overcast, etc.).

^^ We moved the cam a few weeks ago - the SplashCam became the ThunderbirdCam. It's interactive, so you can zoom in on various portions of construction. Thanks!