TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^ & ^^ So close!

I love the look of the Wing Riders, but I'm honestly not a fan of blue/teal and orange.

I'm the opposite. The blue/teal/yellow contrasts VERY well with the orange/brown of the coaster! Props to Holiday World and B&M for pulling off such a great design of the coaster and the train!

The trains themselves look pretty nice, but after seeing what B&M have done to theme up the other wing rider trains, I can't help but feel a little disappointed.

Perhaps thats how HW wanted the trains to look, no?

It was HW's decision on how to theme the trains. B&M built what they wanted, not what B&M wanted to build.

Edited by ZeroGravity55

A relativity small local park invests in a custom B and M Worlds 1st coaster and get complaints about lack of a bird on the train?!?!?!

Dam wish some local parks near me would spend that kind of money. The costs for the custom trains I guess is not cheap and would not add to the ride experience.

Stu K

A relativity small local park invests in a custom B and M Worlds 1st coaster and get complaints about lack of a bird on the train?!?!?!

Dam wish some local parks near me would spend that kind of money. The costs for the custom trains I guess is not cheap and would not add to the ride experience.

Stu K

Mine is not a compliant. Only a wish.

I believe that the lack of theming on the trains is actually part of the theming as Thunderbird is supposed to be a mystical creature. The park has been quoted saying that they consider Thunderbird the "Sasquatch of the sky", so you hear all these myths behind the creature, but nobody has actually seen it.

You nailed it. Just look at Thunderbird's logo for confirmation.

I believe that the lack of theming on the trains is actually part of the theming as Thunderbird is supposed to be a mystical creature. The park has been quoted saying that they consider Thunderbird the "Sasquatch of the sky", so you hear all these myths behind the creature, but nobody has actually seen it.

That would make sense. Thanks Paula!

I kind of like "Sasquatch of the Sky", just theme the trains to gigantic Flying Sasquatches and have rand Sasquatch animatronic sightings throughout the layout.

Paula, I love the Thunderbird theme and back story but is it too late to change everything about the ride and go with "Sasquatch of the Sky" instead? No? Okay........

Just took a look at the webcam and it looks like the rest of the supports are up!

Also, looking at the train, it appears that the chassis isn't fully assembled yet. I was hoping we were going to get a look at the new assembly with the fins for the launch.

Remember the fins are on the track so the only thing the train will have is a whole for them to go through and perhaps you just can't see it in the picture (at least I couldn't).

(edit) taking a closer look at the picture, maybe that part really isn't there yet.

^ It's not there, the piece I thought was part of the assembly was just part of the piece of track the train was sitting on. I'm gonna guess it will look similar to what we've seen before, since there is the same B&M friction brakes and wheels. I know it's pointless to speculate on this, but the coaster nerd in me is curious to see what it looks like.

^I know, I'm curious too even though, like you said, it will look pretty much like before only with a place on the "spine" for the LSMs to go. (more or less like krake which you can sort of see in this picture)

Heide-Park_KRAKE_auf_Erfolgskurs.thumb.jpg.4d6cbdc8ecb97e700eb6299c9c7306ec.jpg

^That shot does look awesome.

About TB's trains. After all I thing they won't be just like krake as on that ride the magnets on the train (where the fins go) are over the place where the drive tires go (that's why the magnetic brakes are so "high") while on this ride (according to the POV) the LSMs will go next to the tires, so it'll be slightly different.

I think Krake and Thunderbird do have the same placements of devices. Thunderbird's LSM and tires are both high because of the wingrider train configuration. See:

Coaster.thumb.jpg.4098bbd3e0f02ec8667b5045c6f4b090.jpg

Top: Two merged screenshots of Krake ; Bottom: Thunderbird animation POV

Thunderbird will have the magnets "inside" the tires, while Krake has those outside. The beam under the train that makes contact with the tires is usually very wide on B&Ms, so they managed to find a room for the fins in here.

Edited by KingRCT3

I think Krake and Thunderbird do have the same placements of devices. Thunderbird's LSM and tires are both high because of the wingrider train configuration. See:

[attachment=0]Coaster.jpg[/attachment]

Both have the magnets "inside" the tires. The beam under the train that makes contact with the tires is usually very wide on B&Ms, so they managed to find a room for the fins in here.

I guess only time will tell