TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2010 Photo & Video Updates!

Hhappy

Any chance we can get the official answers to the scavenger hunt? I was on team 48, and we did not do to well, especially considering my group had to leave for our charter tour. The scheduling besidses that was perfect, and that was no ones fault as it was an awesome surprise and I got to see some hot Giovanola action, so it was all good. The scavenger hunt was actually really hard and extensive, so it would be cool to see some answers so I can study up for next year. It also made me realize I suck at sodoku, cause I got some random ass answer that eventually we just gave up on. We found some stars on the colosus county fair sign, tatoo signs, as well as guest relations by bugs bunny world, if memory serves, but it was damn hard.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance we can get the official answers to the scavenger hunt?.

Six Flags Magic Mountain will be using a similar incarnation of the West Coast Bash Scavenger Hunt later on this year, so we won't be able to post many of the answers. I will post some of the answers and possibly the final scores within the next few days. We appreciate the feedback we received on the scavenger hunt, as we now know that teams would like to find more clues around the park, than solving exclusively puzzle-based challenges. Thank you to all who participated!

Had an awesome time this weekened for WCB at SMFF and Knott's! Thank you again for putting on a well organized and fun event. Feel I have to post a pic of the chocolate bacon funnel cake. It was actually pretty good!

Man we were looking all over for those where'd you find 'em?!?!

OMG! A chocolate, bacon, funnel cake!? Life doesn't get any better than that. Did you try the teriyaki mayonaise dipping sauce as well? Tyler swears by it!

They were all sold out!

That sounds so disgusting but I bet delicious.

Any chance we can get the official answers to the scavenger hunt?.

Six Flags Magic Mountain will be using a similar incarnation of the West Coast Bash Scavenger Hunt later on this year, so we won't be able to post many of the answers. I will post some of the answers and possibly the final scores within the next few days. We appreciate the feedback we received on the scavenger hunt, as we now know that teams would like to find more clues around the park, than solving exclusively puzzle-based challenges. Thank you to all who participated!

West Coast Bash Scavenger Hunt was awesome! Thanks again .

Big props to Robb for organizing this year's WCB! Huge props to William for making the SFMM day so great!

And Robb, I agree with you - even though the Mine Ride tour was short, it was a million times better than no tour at all. I was most looking forward to that part of the Knott's trip, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Plus, I got to tell my wife all about my visit to the Glory Hole.

PS - I'm counting on that backstage Haunt event at Knott's that was discussed at the presentation to happen! That would be AMAZING.

I second this motion. That would be a truly epic tour! HUGE thanks to Robb and everyone involved in organizing yesterday, my girlfriend and I had an awesome time! It was a great day and I look forward to next year.

---Brent

Had an awesome time this weekened for WCB at SMFF and Knott's! Thank you again for putting on a well organized and fun event. Feel I have to post a pic of the chocolate bacon funnel cake. It was actually pretty good!

Man we were looking all over for those where'd you find 'em?!?!

They were at the funnel cake window by The Log Ride, but I think everyone that sold funnel cakes had them. They had a sign up in the window. The lady said they sold quite a few!

PS - I'm counting on that backstage Haunt event at Knott's that was discussed at the presentation to happen! That would be AMAZING.

I second this motion. That would be a truly epic tour! HUGE thanks to Robb and everyone involved in organizing yesterday, my girlfriend and I had an awesome time! It was a great day and I look forward to next year.

---Brent

Thirded*

---Brent

Thirded*

Me, too.

Yeah I just got home from WCB. It was my first time attending the event and I had an AMAZING time. Loved seeing everyone again and enjoyed the SFMM ERT. I'd like to thank Robb, Elissa, and everyone that organized the event. Now I can't wait til the trips begin this summer, I'm very excited.

The bacon chocolate funnel cakes were really good! It was like having pancakes with bacon. Amy and I had such an awesome time, and we are now in a deep state of depression and withdrawal. As always, Robb and Elissa (and all those who helped) did an incredible job, and are absolutely amazing at whatever they put together. Now on to Bay Area Bash!!!!!

Thank you all so much for putting together West Coast Bash again! That trip was TERRIFIC. Thanks to the Platinum Flash Pass at Magic Mountain, we rode everything at least twice. We were in STITCHES going up the Terminator Salvation lift hill during ERT. All of my group was wondering if the remixed soundtrack would be available anywhere else for our listening pleasure. I figure if I already have the queue music for two Magic Mountain rides (Riddler's Revenge and Goliath) on my ipod, why not some ride audio too? Then at Knott's... I lost count of how many times I rode Supreme Scream. I found out just how much more fun Silver Bullet is in the back after riding in the front all this time. And I got a dizzying lesson in proper weight distribution on Sierra Sidewinder.

Oh, and that bacon chocolate funnel cake was darn good.

After never having been to the West Coast, this event will make me never forget my first visit! I truly recommend it to everyone.

Thank you Robb, Elissa, and everyone else that made this trip absolutely spectacular! Great Rides, ERT, Food, People... everything!

Can't wait for next year! I think I'll even make a week out of it.

Thank you again to everyone who participated in the scavenger hunt!

Attached below are the Score Sheet for all teams. In addition, the answers for the "Seeing Stars" challenge are available for your viewing pleasure. I know, the pictures don't show the entire area, but just enough to point you in the right direction so you can try to find it on your next visit. We will not be releasing the answers, solutions, or clarification for any other challenges, as well may use aspects of the other challenges for other park guests in the future.

It was very clear from the feedback we received that this years scavenger hunt proved to be difficult for teams. The best comment we received from a few teams was that they would have liked to walked the park a bit more for answers, than focusing on historical questions. We also learned that hyphenated-words are evil, and that "The Less Evil Paragraph" was indeed more evil than "The Evil Paragraph".

And lastly, we learned that DEJA VU + NINJA = JET STREAM!

Score Sheet - Teams.pdf

Seeing Stars.pdf

I'm officially home and settled, after an 8 hour "nap". This weekend was incredible. For my first time on the west coast I had an absolutely spectacular time! Thank you SO MUCH to all involved with making it run as amazingly as it did.

-Nick

Also, I am kind of dissapointed cause I saw tons of people but I am shy, so a very late hey to the Bebes, Fitch Coaster, Doug and Shannon Barnes, all the mods and Jeff Johnson, and J man aka the Hoodie Wizard.

Hey there Ghost! Maybe I'll bump into you next year.