TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Yeah that's right it is 4 blocks but still when they had 4 people on the train that where good they could roll with the train on transfer having a slight stop the only way the trains would roll on btr was if there was a set up.

What I was trying to say is that gadv batman can not perfectly roll trains evey time it wil stop on the transfer. The train in the station cannot be dispatched untill the other train is in the service breaks or else the train that was in the station will stop at the top of the lift causing a set up.

I thought it over again and I am 90% sure batman gadv has 3 blocks (station, lift, top of lift to end of transfer)

Last year during Fright Fest while waiting inline for Batman, numerous times a train was dispatched before the second train was stopped on the transfer block. Heck, the train I was on didn't stop at all. We slowed down in the brakes and advanced all the way into the station. This day was the first time I've ever seen that on this ride.

Pete

The train can be dispatched when the other has entered at the service breaks. It dose not have to be on the transfer. But it is a short ride with old style trains that have smaller seats then newer b&m coasters so it is a harder ride to roll trains on. That's dose not mean it can not be done. I have ran batman in bypass mode for hours and and the trains has to be dispatched the second the train enters the first breaks (service breaks)

What I was trying to say is that gadv batman can not perfectly roll trains evey time it wil stop on the transfer. The train in the station cannot be dispatched untill the other train is in the service breaks or else the train that was in the station will stop at the top of the lift causing a set up.

I thought it over again and I am 90% sure batman gadv has 3 blocks (station, lift, top of lift to end of transfer)

Actually, no. This is incorrect, simply because of the nature of B&M designs. There are always two blocks more than the number of trains able to operate (or more). If Batman is operating two trains, there are 4 blocks. Lift, Main Brake, Transfer, and Station. Trains can be dispatched if the lift block is clear, this is how stacking is prevented. In fact, on most B&M's, the time it takes to get another train up the lift is the time the other train needs to run the course (which is more typical on 3 train configurations, though). The other train simply needs to clear the Main brake before the next train makes it to the top of the lift. There's plenty of time in between for trains to roll freely into the station without stopping on Transfers. This is how it should work, at least, I'm not sure how GAdv's ride is programmed. And if the train before has to stop before entering the station, that just sounds like a crew who can't make interval.

Well then gadv is different it only has 3 blocks and is a very old program. I even called my buddy who still works there who is high up in managment in the rides department and he said the same thing. There is only 3! (1 station, 2 station exit to top of lift 3 top of lift to end of transfer) and a block check on the ride is send out first train bring second half way into the station. Let loft time out advance the second train. Try to send it out, restart the lift.

Just because they are all batmans and same layout dose not meant that they oporate the same. This is how gadv batman operates.

Also a batman train at gadv will not dispatch until the train has hit the service breaks you can not just send it out when the lift is clear not even in bypass mode.

Edited by medusa99

^^yes, that is why I said it is typical for 3 train B&M's. My point being that interval doesn't mean a train has to stop at transfers in order for the lift not to set up. It's a little ridiculous thinking that it takes more time for a train to roll off of the main brake than the time it takes for the next train to get to the top of the lift.

The train dose not have to stop on the transfer if it dose it will set up if the fist train has left the station. What I was getting at was that at gadv running batman even in bypass mode no guest or any one else just an operator hitting interval every time it still wall have a pause as the first train enters the lift.

^lol. But we do know the answer. There's just one guy that doesn't know what he's talking about and he's confusing everyone for no reason.

^ I'd say atleast 90 percent of 2 train B&Ms (including ALL Batmen for sure) will set-up at the top of the lift if you dispatch the next train as soon as the lift is clear.

Exactly.

On a ride like Batman, it is pretty rare to get a train dispatched to lift before the other train hits the first set of brakes, but on rides like Silver Bullet because of its length and ride duration its a lot easier. Once dispatched from the station, the train will go up the lift until it gets close to the top, then the chain will slow (sometimes even stop) until the train ahead of it on the circuit clears the first set of block brakes. After clear, the chain starts up again and the train is sent off the lift.

^If so, that must be a newer program on SB, because on earlier 90's B&M inverts, the lift flat out sets up if the next block isn't clear. An employee has to go out to the lift and reset it for it to start up again (this is how Raptor works).

And to get back on topic...

It's completely different for Stand ups because the load time is increased because of the restrains. As far as I know, they always tend to stack simply because the ride ops can't check the restraints fast enough. I'd say I hope Green Lantern doesn't end up that way, but I'm not too sure about the GAdv ride ops...

I was a supervisor at gadv for 5 years so I would have to say that I know my rides but whatever the only way of you finding out is go to the park and get trained for the ride. And like I said earlier it is an older batman and dose have an older oporating system just because sfmm id different dose not mean the rest of the world is the same end of subject.

^And that was my point...I worked on an IDENTICAL ride...it's not like they're similar, they're IDENTICAL. Every Single B&M in existence has either 4 blocks for two trains, and 5 blocks for three trains (flyers being an exception). I'm not doubting your credentials as a rides manager, but B&M has never built an invert with 3 blocks. Whether the ride is programmed differently is one thing, but I know for a fact that it has 4 blocks. So please the next time you're there, look at the panel. You are going to see 5 lights on the yellow portion of the panel:

"STATION OCCUPIED", "LIFT OCCUPIED", "SAFETY BRAKE OCCUPIED", "SERVICE BRAKE OCCUPIED*", "TRANSFER OCCUPIED"

Now the safety/service blocks are both the main brake and one block. Now to end this, UNLESS GREAT ADVENTURE PROGRAMMED THE RIDE DIFFERENTLY, A train can be dispatche as soon as the safety brake is clear. Whether it sets up (and for a 2700' long ride it will) is another story. But just because it sets up doesn't mean it only has three blocks, and that also doesn't mean you have to leave a train in the station for X amount of time.

But just because it sets up doesn't mean it only has three blocks, and that also doesn't mean you have to leave a train in the station for X amount of time.

My point exactly. Raptor is capable of setting up during normal operation and it has 5 blocks (2 more than the number of trains). You just have to be responsible with timing so that it doesn't set up and so you hit a consistent interval. I am not sure how the blocks are programmed on Batman, but on Raptor, when trains are timed correctly, the previous train will NOT stop on transfers before pulling into the station. I don't see a reason Batman wouldn't be similar...? If the lift block is clear, a train should be able to dispatch from the station, right? That is how Raptor works, anyway. In fact, if you don't dispatch the next train directly after the first one drops off the lift, you'll miss interval.

I don't mean the block configuration, I mean why would a train absolutely HAVE to stop before pulling into the station? That makes no sense to me. If the crew is fast enough they should be able to dispatch the train before the one behind it has to stop. The time it takes the train to get up the lift is plenty of time for the other one to pull off the main brake onto transfers without the lift setting up.

Most ride's are like that. On Kingda Ka all 4 dispatch buttons have to be pressed to send the trains out and advance the first train, and the two panels for the second train have to both be pressing the advance to advance that train. You also needed to advance the train on GASM with both the operator's advance and attendant's enable button held down.