TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

How about shifting the focus from a KD/BGW debate to speculating on what we might get at KD for the 2012 season?

I'd love to see either another B&M(an invert would be nice) or a new woodie added to our coaster lineup but if we recieve a flat or two I'm not so sure I'd want it to be a windseeker what with the problems they've had at CP,KI,CWL & KBF so far.

^Good luck with that. "maybe" by 2014 or 2015...

KD will be lucky to add a new flat ride or new water park attraction...

Well the park took this year off in favor of SSS but with the crowds we've seen so far they'd do good to add a flat or two for next season as the park is really lacking in that dept.

I'd love to see either another B&M(an invert would be nice) or a new woodie added to our coaster lineup but if we recieve a flat or two I'm not so sure I'd want it to be a windseeker what with the problems they've had at CP,KI,CWL & KBF so far.

No way we'll ever see a B&M invert at KD (just a feeling). As for a new woodie, I'd love to see an Intamin prefab but I'm not holding my breath for any new major coaster for another 3-5 years.

No way we'll ever see a B&M invert at KD (just a feeling). As for a new woodie, I'd love to see an Intamin prefab but I'm not holding my breath for any new major coaster for another 3-5 years.

I dunno what with Dorney installing their third invert in 11 years next season I wouldn't put it past KD to hopefully do the same as volcano's capacity just doesn't measure up any longer in a park that's seeing high attendance numbers.

I just don't see them getting a windseeker since they already have flying aces.

They could take Flying Ace out which would make room for atleast 3 kiddie rides and update Planet Snoopy since it is one of the weakest in the chain... They could give Flying Ace to California's Great America and they can call it their own little Windseeker, Hahaha!

^ Nice. I doodle a lot of 305 stuff as well.

I was wondering if you leave the park can you get back into the parking lot the same day without having to pay another $12?

I know KD's website says this, but what "parking ticket" are they talking about?

To re-enter the parking lot, display your parking ticket on your dashboard.

THANKS!

I was wondering if you leave the park can you get back into the parking lot the same day without having to pay another $12?

I know KD's website says this, but what "parking ticket" are they talking about?

To re-enter the parking lot, display your parking ticket on your dashboard.

THANKS!

When you pay for parking, you get a receipt. That is your 'parking ticket'. If you have a season parking pass, you can re-enter as long as the holder is in the car.

^^ Thanks. I just got the regular season pass this year as I didn't plan on hitting up other Cedar Fair parks like last year. Got to get over there and boost the 305 count, only got 32 rides this season!

Not looking forward to a one day trip though since I haven't done that since 2006. I always spend 2 days at the park... 3 hours up, and 3 hours back isn't very fun!

32 Rides on Intimidator 305?!? That's awesome! I might be able to got to KD this summer to ride 305 2.0! Guys, what would you say: Intimidator 305 2.0 or Millennium Force? And also: Intimidator 232 or Intimidator 305 (2.0/trimmed/pre trimmed)?

well, i've never ridden Intimidator 232, but here's what i wrote (on another board) comparing i305 to Millennium Force:

i've ridden both many times and i have to say i305 is my favorite. MF is probably my second or third favorite coaster in the world, though. MF is a wonderful ride, don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing it at all.

the two rides have almost completely opposite attitudes (and i appreciate both). MF gives the sensation of epic scale and pure speed. at no point do you feel like you're out of control, and that's a remarkable engineering feat for a 90+ mph gigacoaster. every element is very deliberate and smooth, and although some enthusiasts complain about it giving virtually no airtime and relatively gentle positive g's, it doesn't bother me in the least. they were clearly going for a more "apollo's chariot" type of experience (well, minus the airtime...).

i305, on the other hand, is like MF's evil twin. it doesn't want to show you incredible vistas or reassure you about its engineering, it wants to scare the crap out of you, and in order to do it, it goes right up to the bleeding edge of tolerance for both the hardware and the human body. if MF represents grandeur and beauty, then i305 is simple unmitigated aggression. it is a constant flurry of airtime and quick changes of direction from start to finish. there is a reason that so many people use the word "intense" when describing it. i guess it's not for everyone, but for me, there's no ride in the world i'd rather be on.

for what it's worth, i was describing i305 in its current configuration. i never got to ride the trimmed version, but its current form is definitely much better than the original version with hard straps.

Edited by jedimaster1227