TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

In the cruise ship enthusiast community they're all FURIOUS that so little information has been released on Quantum

It's a bit the same on our Swedish ship board as well. I personally like it as "the less info that is out, the less things there are that people can start to complain about".

Real sad news from Giglio today

(Reuters) - A Spanish diver died on Saturday during work to salvage the Costa Concordia cruise liner, which capsized off the Italian island of Giglio two years ago, the company in charge of the salvage work said.

The diver worked for the Spanish company UCS (Underwater Contractors Spain) and was involved in an underwater operation when the incident occurred, an official at Titan Micoperi said. Further details were not available.

The 114,500-tonne vessel hit rocks on January 13, 2012, killing 32 people. It was hauled upright in a complex "parbuckling" operation in September but still rests where it capsized, just outside the holiday island's small port.

Divers are working to attach 30 massive tanks filled with air to the liner so that it can be lifted off the seabed in June and towed away to be dismantled, completing what will be the largest maritime salvage operation in history.

Source

More horrible cruise news today as a four year old drowns and a six year old is in critical condition from the NCL Breakaway. All of the cruise ship chasing lawyers are yelling that it's the cruises fault and there should be lifeguards. I of course call for personal responsibility. Where were the parents!??! There are plenty of pools that don't have lifeguards...you have to be responsible especially with such young children. Really sad and pathetic.

Very sad news! Seen a Disneyland pairs incident where parents arguing a check in failed to notice their kid had wandered off to the pool area with tragic consequences. at a hotel i worked at in Mallorca we were luck as we had a nurse and life guard on vacation in the pool area or it could have been a lot worse.

HAPPY NEWS !

Allure of the Seas comes to Europe in 2015!

Stu K

That is sad to hear. I can totally understand how it can happen though, as every time I visit a water park (that happens quite often) I always see some poor lifeguard with a kid that has no supervising parent in sight. One would think people would care about their kids..

Allure of the Seas comes to Europe in 2015!

Stu K

Oh I will most definitely check it out!

I'm so sad about Allure leaving, even if it's for only half the year. It's by far my favorite cruise ship! And now that summer you will have Allure, Independence, and the new Anthem! So exciting, perhaps a cruise in Europe will be in order!

I'm so sad about Allure leaving, even if it's for only half the year. It's by far my favorite cruise ship! And now that summer you will have Allure, Independence, and the new Anthem! So exciting, perhaps a cruise in Europe will be in order!

My understanding is that Anthem will be replacing Independence out of Southampton, not supplementing it. Royal Caribbean promised Galveston a ship larger than Navigator in 2015 in exchange for a new cruise terminal, so Independence will most likely end up there or in Port Canaveral (freeing up Freedom to go to Galveston). There's also a Spanish press release on the Allure eurotrip that said that Liberty of the Seas won't be returning to Barcelona in 2015, which means that it might be staying in Fort Lauderdale year round to fulfill the passenger load requirements in Royal Caribbean's contract with Port Everglades.

^I think I've now confirmed that Independence is staying but it looks like they're going to put more smaller ships in the Med. I swear this deployment schedule is more complicated than any theme park stuff!!!

I still think it's totally awesome for Europe that they're going to have Allure and Anthem all summer! I'm thinking of booking one of the first Florida Anthem cruises.

^ Wouldn't it be great if there was an accredited program so she could learn on the ship while vacationing!?

Disney has the College Program so I think TPR should do an elementary school internship program, and KT could be the first one! Jacob would gladly do it later on!

Flights sorted for Christmas Cruise yey! Was looking to do a few nights in Orlando either side of Legend cruise but found cheap flight with a change at MIA so its Now 2 nights Miami 12 nights legend and 3 nights at Cabana Bay for Fun spot ,universal and magic kingdom for new coaster. Got a spare flight Mia to Orlando on the 22nd lol.

Stu K

Anyone familiar with Santo Tomas del Castillo? I've been browsing cruise forums for info on the place and haven't found much. I was wondering if the area had any cool things to do not too far from the boat or if there were some interesting/fun excursions to do in the area.

- March can't come soon enough

If you're stopping in Santo Tomas Del Castillo, you're probably taking the Ryndam or the Riviera. Either way, I'm jealous. But, your question: I haven't been yet, but I'm told the thing to do there is take a boat down river and see the wildlife. The town itself is supposed to be classically sketchy for that part of the world, so keep that in mind.

Hey, I need help! I have booked my honeymoon on Freedom of the Seas sailing June 1st. I want to take my then wife to either Portofino or Chops. I need input and recommendations on which one is better or the better value. I know Rob and Elissa have been on several cruises with Royal Caribbean so I look forward to their responses but any and all help is appreciated!