TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

China Dinosaur Park Discussion Thread

Upon closer inspection, this ride has a different layout that X2 - Dragons in the Sky has a zero-g roll before the overbank, and the overbank crosses over the lift hill. This ride is more of an Eejanaika clone. Does anybody know if Eejanaika is any different from this?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word "creativity" needs to be thrown around the S&S offices. While I understand that it must be hard, all of these look exactly the same, especially the GP.

Needless to say it's cool seeing another one of these monsters being built.

I can imagine the design process being especially costly for a fresh layout. Each new 4D built seems like minor modifications or fine-tuning to the standard design are the only difference. That said, I think the Arrow/ S&S layout looks a lot more thrilling than the Wingrider layouts B&M is throwing out there, even if those had the rotating seats. I kind of doubt we'll ever see the 4D concept from B&M though. I know people probably didn't think we'd see a launch, wingrider, or 300+ footer from them, but mechanically they're pretty much the same as anything they've done in the past (with the exception of Hulk's outsourced launch). 4D would be a pretty radical departure from that.

• 1 month later...

Is it just me or are those test dummies really unsettling? I mean, upper body covered in a towel and bound up in packing tape; they look like kidnap victims. I expected them to wake up from their chloroform stupor halfway up the lift and start trying to escape.

Edited by UrbanLegend

^I agree

That does look painful but totally insane!!! I wish X2 had that many seat flips. You would think after all this time since X that S&S would have this seat rotation thing down perfect, yet in this video those seat bouncing and rotation looks to be worst then X ever was. Hopefully by the time this thing opens it rotates much smooth b/c the ride does look insane

I just don't get the violent jerks on the turn out of the lift. And then I don't get why the cars are rocking on the lift - seems like that shows the imperfections they've manufactured in the second set of rails.

That, and/or sloppiness in the rack and pinion assembly for the seat tilting.

From the 4D coaster page on the S&S site...

As the passengers soar through the exciting elements of the ride experience, including raven turns, dives, and half-twists, the smooth rotation of the seats creates a surprise with every turn or drop, some beautiful air time, and an intensity that never lets off.

So what happened to the 'smooth' part?

From the 4D coaster page on the S&S site...

As the passengers soar through the exciting elements of the ride experience, including raven turns, dives, and half-twists, the smooth rotation of the seats creates a surprise with every turn or drop, some beautiful air time, and an intensity that never lets off.

So what happened to the 'smooth' part?

China happened.

• 4 weeks later...