TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

China Dinosaur Park Discussion Thread

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On top of those images. This image was given to screamscape by S&S.

Yeah ..the track layout is very similar with X/X2 at SFMM , except for the raven turn after the first drop , which went right , and now goes left.

Pity S&S , not taking that guy's video for a better , cheaper , smoother , ride . You guys know what i'm talking about right? If you don't , anyway... Were talking about this multi-million dollar ride , for a half-price better ride that S&S is not taking . For me its kinda a disappointment . But if the rotation of the seats were different , i'm kinda looking forward to the ride . But hell no Ejanaika style!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Essentially all the 4D's now have the same color concept. This one is at least cool having a Zero G after the first raven turn. Honestly the 4D's all look generic now in being near clones , turn,lift,drop, raven turn, hill/zero g, turn, zero g, raven turn , half roll, brakes.

I wish the old original designs that were smaller could have made it out like Octophobia,Mayhem, Quantium, and Delerium which were all under 127ft. The tallest being the Delerium model, which had a 60 degree drop. I believe Mayhem had a Half loop style drop under its lift.

Edit: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21766 The Other less clone like models can be found here.

Why do all of the S&S-designed 4D coasters have that weird kink in the first raven turn? X doesn't have it, and it looks so weird...and from what I've heard of Eejanaika, it can't ride well...

Hopefully this one rides more like X2 than it does the others.

Because on the 2 newer ones Eejanaika..and this one will have a FLIP during that portion.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Not entirely sure. I don't really hold much stock in that record myself. Although I guess the Chinese will hold the record by the end of the year whichever way you look at it with the 11 Inversion Coaster going up.

Looks like the ride is almost completed. The layout looks similar although not exactly the same as the previous models. The turn around looks pretty steep too.

Plenty more pics here http://vhcoasters.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Testing...

http://rcdb.com/9040.htm

We have a generic name... maybe. The park appears to have become Dino Watertown.

And apparently the name is "Dragons in the Sky" and the park is China Dinosaur Park...

Moderator Edit: I edited your post for a reason, so the video is correctly embedded in your post. Please, do not re-edit a post after a moderator has done so.

Edited by ernierocker

Looks identical to Eejanaika (not that it's a bad thing). Though, I have to agree, it would be nice to see some differentiation in layouts. Also, I too wonder where Eejanaika and this one get the "14 inversions" claim from...especially since Eejanaika got into the Guinness Book of World Records for that precise reason. I've ridden it, and I can attest that it does NOT go upside down 14 times. It goes upside down maybe 5 times (1. Half back flip right out of the station, 2. Front flip after the first drop, 3. Back flip on top of the Raven Turn, 4. Half-Half after the overbank turn, 5. Half-Half into the brake run). The last two inversions are speculative on my part, as they were very disorienting, so I'm giving Eejanaika the benefit of the doubt there. Still, the world record is definitely a mystery, as its inversion count falls FAR short of the claim of 14.

-Doug

^Sorry, didn't realize you had posted the 2nd video.

To embed the photo, just simply copy the url into the youtube tags.

The url address will need to look like this though:

Sometimes, the address will show up longer with something like &featuredM76kfzs or some nonsense like that. Remove everything up to and including the & to get the embed code to work.

Edited by ernierocker