TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2010 Grammy Awards

SharkTums

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pink rawked the house in a great performance.

That was 'it' for me, for the whole show.

(EDIT to add, although Elton and Gaga together on pianos was something to see and hear.)

I loved the awards last night. I will admit I have never really watched them before. The show seemed to flow very easily to me. All of the performances were decent. My faves are Lady Gaga/Elton John, P!nk, and Lady Antebellum. Beyonces in my opnion was just OK. Nothing special about it.

I think that they should have gotten Rihanna to perform. I just think she deserved it because he new album is so strong. As well as Britney!! She sould have at least been nominated for song of the year with Womanizer or Circus (SORRY just a HUGE Britney fan and supporter). Also they should have gotten more up and coming acts to perform. I mean Ke$ha's Tik Tok is everywhere!

I LOVED the Micheal Jackson tribute. Celine, Carrie, Usher, Smokey, and Jennifer all looked wonderful! It just goes to show really how he influenced all kinds of music.

I enjoyed the show like everyone else but I wish some of the singers had sung more of their up to date songs. If I were a boy, Poker Face, and Blame it are mostly releases from late 08, granted Jamie doesn't have many hit new songs. I liked the MJ thing but really 3-D?

Question! What was the song Gaga sung with Elton?

Taylor Swift doesn't sound very good singing live, does she?

I thought Stevie Nicks was terrible. When Taylor sang alone, for the first part of the second song, she was fine. Stevie was off key.

Either way, not a good duo. If you want to watch some awesome Taylor Swift stuff, check out her Crossroads episode with Def Leppard.

Didn't watch the Grammy's, not a big fan of Kings of Leon. Also, I personally think Cage the Elephant should have won best new artist, their debut album was actually pretty good even though "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" is overplayed.

I thought Stevie Nicks was terrible. When Taylor sang alone, for the first part of the second song, she was fine. Stevie was off key.

Either way, not a good duo. If you want to watch some awesome Taylor Swift stuff, check out her Crossroads episode with Def Leppard.

Both Stevie and Taylor were off...Horribly off. Taylor Swift can't sing live. It's totally amazing how technology can change a voice.

On the other hand, Lady Gaga didn't win album of the year. However, how many singers can say he/she has had Billboard's #1 spot for every popular song on her first album? Lady Gaga, just wait, you'll have your own category, The Lady Gaga Award.

I didn't turn it on until 8:00 PST so I missed the first half of the show, which is too bad as it seems like it was the better half. I wasn't really impressed with anything I saw.

I agree...and Stevie Nicks didn't sound much better.

Both Stevie and Taylor were off...Horribly off. Taylor Swift can't sing live. It's totally amazing how technology can change a voice.

A sound guy can make a person sound just as bad as they can make them sound good too.

I've seen her perform on quite a few shows. This was the first one that made me cringe. Moe so when Stevie sang. Shame, as I thought it would be a kick ass duo.

Green Day winning best rock album was BS. That is all.

The Rock category at the Grammy's has ALWAYS been a joke, just ask Metallica the year that "...And Justice for All" lost to Steely Dan.

And considering it's really the only category I actually care about, and I'm still not sure what the difference is between "Record" vs. "Album" of the year ... I didn't watch.

Although I did see Pink's performance online and it was REALLY good. I don't get the whole Taylor Swift thing, she looks like a troll. Lady Gaga, more like Lady GAG. Beyonce' is way hot, but that's not enough for me to waste 3 1/2 hours watching this crap.

What is the differance between Record of the Year and Album of the Year?

Record of the Year is awarded to the performer and the production team of a single song.

Album of the Year is awarded to the performer and the production team of a full album

Song of the Year is awarded to the writer(s)/composer(s) of a single song.

Just for clarification

My opinion is as follows....the majority of the awards were amazing, Lady Gaga and Elton could've been the best mashup of the last decade....but...I don't think artists should use autotune on stage (or period :/) If you can sing....sing, if not don't....(and T-pain doesn't need auto-tune...he's an amazing singer, lord knows why he uses it)