TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 45: New Zootopia details!

One of my friends went to the soft opening and she said the toy story hotel is excellent but the SHDL hotel isn't as impressive.

Also, people run to TRON like there's a surprise Justin Bieber concert. Definitely looks like the morning run at Tokyo Disney.

That's hilarious... There's also an instagram video of them running through Adventureland at opening - it can't be for Roaring Rapids...(yet), so it must be for POTC.

What else did your friend say about the soft opening? I'd be curious to hear more details. I'm really excited about this park.

...Definitely looks like the morning run at Tokyo Disney.

Then, that's great that they have GI-normous pathways and walkways, for now...... to run through!

Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue looks terrible in comparison to all other Buzz Lightyear rides. It's mostly static 2D cutouts with the same theme, etc. I am not impressed with the rides in Shanghai. I'm really hoping this isn't representative of what is to come in the states.

^ Aw c'mon, this is a totally new way, for Disney to play with a coaster. And a motor bike one at that.

I love it, from the outside design (especially the night views) and the pre-show, etc. And this one is

short, because it's their first version of this style/themed coaster. Next one could be bigger and wilder!

And remember, a ton of the locals have never been to a Disney park at all.

So you have to consider it, from their perspective, too. And I do remember the very first Dive coaster,

Oblivion, was (and still is) a pretty quick jaunt around the tracks, hmm?

Of course, I have to experience it to really have an opinion.

Bur for now, I like it!

From just watching the new point of view on the Tron Coaster, it sadly looks way too short!

It looks at least as long as either Rock n' Roller Coaster or Paris' Space Mountain.

From just watching the new point of view on the Tron Coaster, it sadly looks way too short!

It looks at least as long as either Rock n' Roller Coaster or Paris' Space Mountain.

Not saying it's a bad thing, and until I get to ride it can't really say much about it, but it does look short.

^ Oops. Thought you meant JOYPOLIS....Tokyo. My mistake.

Well, for now, this is what I wrote...of the Tokyo JOYPOLIS' coaster....

I thought JOYPOLIS did pretty good with what they had.

And putting a new coaster in the (sort of) footprint where the old

coaster used to be, worked out well. And having the first part

as a shooting ride was cool, to me.

The bonus was having an inversion, while you spun!

I thought JOYPOLIS enhanced that coaster as best they could.

1518742494_ResizeofIMG_2573.JPG.2c2dcb234bc8a929d11ff9f62a321295.JPG

I enjoyed it! (o: TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

Who's there for the grand opening and wants to join us for Disney's Premium Tour?

The Disney Premium Tour is a VIP Tour Service offered by Shanghai Disneyland. During the 6 hour tour the group (up to 6 people) will get priority access with little or no wait to all attractions and select characters greeting experiences. More information can be found on the official website: https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/tours/vip-tour-services/

These tours officially don't start until July 1st but we managed to get a reservation for Friday June 17th. That way, everyone has time to experience the new park and the festivities of the grand opening day (16th) in a relaxed way because we know for sure that on the next day we are guaranteed to do all the rides as much as we like during the tour.

Our plan is to do the tour in the afternoon between 1pm and 7pm on June 17th and focus on the rides. We would like to do the big rides like Tron, Soarin, Pirates several times and do the small rides at least once each. We do not plan to watch a show or have a table service meal during the tour because we feel that would be a waste of time / money. Those things can be done outside of the tour .

Who wants to join us? The more we are, the lower the cost per person. Currently we are 3 so with you we'd already be 4 . Send me a private message for details.

Please note that I am not looking to make any profit. I just want to share the tour with other Disney fans so that the cost per person goes down for everyone involved.

Best Regards,

Wuzefelix

I've actually been very impressed with how much they've been able to get open and operating prior to Opening Day. There were rumors as recent as a couple of months ago that some of the major attractions would not be ready to go by mid-June opening... I think they've been able to prove that wrong.

The one major attraction that hasn't soft opened yet is Roaring Rapids - any idea why? I would guess that raft rides don't have a lot of new technology to test... and this appears to follow a course very similar to Grizzly River Run. My guess is that the massive animatronic is not yet ready. Hopefully we're not in the throws of Yeti 2.0!

we're not in the throws of Yeti 2.0!

Considering that the big kitty at DisneySea has been working splendiferously for the past 15 years, I don't think that's the issue. I'm pretty sure WDW just gave up on the Yeti because America.

^Exactly.

Journey goes down for AT LEAST a month every year in Tokyo. If they did that to Everest, Disney Fans here would riot and burn the place down!

Has Everest even had any significant downtime since it opened? I've never seen it on any rehab schedule.

Has Everest even had any significant downtime since it opened? I've never seen it on any rehab schedule.

Well if it hasn't by now, there's going to be some kind of upcoming Major Down Time

for it, when a lot of stuff has to be replaced and/or updated, renovated, etc.

And everybody's going to have to deal with it - if it's PR-ed enough in advance?

And if they don't do real advance warnings about this, then this could be a Big Backlash.

I'd say, they need at least one year's PR, in advance of the work to be done on Exp:Ev.

My thoughts on this. And now, back to our regularly scheduled, Shanghai Disneyland Discussion...

RoaringRapids01.png.16bf272ca0d1faa746a88105d510501c.png

A reminder of The Beastie, to come...

Journey goes down for AT LEAST a month every year in Tokyo!

f909693e92e7df0c9384801a6b0f1c05.jpg

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, I'm sorry, but this is too good. Don't worry, Kitty will be waiting for you next time. Unless it's down again.