TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 45: New Zootopia details!

Flights are crazy cheap right now from Orlando to Shanghai for next year - well at least compared to Japan - I'm talking under $1k on Delta. Has anyone started to look into planning a trip to the park? It saves me nearly 900 bucks to fly to Shanghai vs to Tokyo so I'm thinking maybe pit-stop for Disney. But is it worth the hassle to go to China for a day or two?

Holy crap! Round trip from Vegas is under $700! Now if only we had a more concrete date than "Spring 2016."

Flights are crazy cheap right now from Orlando to Shanghai for next year - well at least compared to Japan - I'm talking under $1k on Delta. Has anyone started to look into planning a trip to the park? It saves me nearly 900 bucks to fly to Shanghai vs to Tokyo so I'm thinking maybe pit-stop for Disney. But is it worth the hassle to go to China for a day or two?

Now if only we had a more concrete date than "Spring 2016."

Exactly why flights are so cheap right now

Ok so this isn't a exactly a Shanghai Disneyland update, but could be useful to people from the North of the UK (me). Last week the Chinese President was visiting the UK and it was announced that from July 2016 you will be able fly direct from Manchester to Beijing for the first time.

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manchester-airport-to-beijing-new-route-with-hainan-airlines/

Previously you could fly direct from Manchester to Hong Kong, but never into China. I am planning on visiting SDL and HKDL next year and would've had to fly in and out of Hong Kong. Now I can fly into one and out of the other.

Well, Shanghai is basically equidistant between Hong Kong and Beijing. Unless you wanted to go that route to begin with and see all those places, it doesn't help much for Disney.

^Did you go and see it when you were there last month? Pictures?

We saw it when we flew past is on the MagLev train. We didn't have the ability to so drive around the property, or get on property. I will say its so massive to see it off in the distance from the train, lol.

Holy crap! Round trip from Vegas is under $700! Now if only we had a more concrete date than "Spring 2016."

Haha, exactly! I've been bugging some friends who will be going out to open the park as part of the project team and for what its worth they said they are being told they'll have a more concrete date in the coming two weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Haha, exactly! I've been bugging some friends who will be going out to open the park as part of the project team and for what its worth they said they are being told they'll have a more concrete date in the coming two weeks.

Any updates?

Apparently I'm not the only one staring at a calendar for next year, thinking about planning a visit to the new park... the recent announcement by American Airlines raising the number of miles needed means I definitely want to book by March.

• 3 weeks later...

It does not feel very Disney-ish but hey, it's already alot better than Marne-la-Vallée train station (DLP)!

In another news, from Themeparx we got this map with future expansions, and surprise, who's there?

CWFxN3fXIAAh1Cw.jpg

(Themeparx via Ameworld)

Expedition Everest clone! If it means a fully working Yeti, I'm so hyped!

That's a very old map though.

Part of that space has already been used by the Seven Dwarfs coaster and Pirates of the Caribbean, neither of which are on this map.

And where it says future expansion on the other side of the park, TRON was built.

TRON however is already on the map, but in a different location, which now has Buzz Lightyear and Stitch Encounter.

Nice find!

And nice station! For a station that's part of the regular metro system, this looks pretty great!

It'll be interesting to see if they liven it up with lighting/projections... that main dome in particular could be very pretty.

No doubt HKDL has the best train station of any Disney resort... but I'd say this one compares favorably with TDL!

• 4 weeks later...
The station looks nice on the inside, but the entrance is quote bland and stale....

As long as it's functional, no big deal! None of the Disney train stations are awe inspiring throughout the world.

^ This pic is missing the dudes selling little Eiffel Towers, though.

IMG_9670.JPG.66992287a5fcf7d719db817d288ea0e1.JPG

Um....no comment. :p Actually, we bought it over at the Eiffel Tower, itself.

And those guys selling stuff were never to be seen, during our entire visit.

(Pardon for the DLPR diversion.)