TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

^ How? That is the smallest space ever.

You would think proximity to Viper would be a problem too. Dont want someone dropping something from SkyScreamer onto the Viper track or train.

Sleighride’s current location makes the most sense. It’s a central location and that ride is certainly on its way out, just look at it.

I think the Six Flags SkyScreamer would be best placed near the entrance of the park to fill the void of land near the Slingshot. It would make the skyline more eye appealing and photogenic. It'll be interesting to see where they actually construct it.

This is a nice first addition for the "new" Six Flags Darien Lake, my only knock on this choice is that Fantasy Island has their own flyer called Flight. The big difference though is the SFDL version will be about 100 feet taller. It's a small thing, and most people probably would never notice. I personally am not a huge fan only because I hate being that high up in a tiny swing chair lol. But maybe it will draw crowds from the coasters.

I hope they place the new ride within the parks boundaries. That way when I go there, I can partake in the merriment of it's sky screaminess.

But seriously, I hope they put it right next to the Giant Wheel so that I can look down on the old, busted, run down, lightless mess and scoff at the poor, decrepit souls who aren't good enough for a 24 story tall swing thing. And I hope the lighting package can be seen from low earth orbit, just to rub it in that circumferential D-bags slowly rotating face!

But for realsy seriously, It's going to be a great addition to the park no matter where they put it. And thank god it isn't a Wonder Woman theme. And I heard they were going to remove Boomerang and move Tantrum to the Boomerangs location and put Sky Screamer on the old Tantrum site. Also, the Crazy Quilts are coming back, but they are going on the soon to be demolished PAC site.

RMC PREDATOR FOR 2032!!!

I think the Six Flags SkyScreamer would be best placed near the entrance of the park to fill the void of land near the Slingshot. It would make the skyline more eye appealing and photogenic. It'll be interesting to see where they actually construct it.

I think that could be a good idea actually. It would draw more people over to the front gate path, and could help that area get built up a little more. It’s kinda boring when you enter the park with no rides in sight. Have a good first impression to park guests by giving them a big FREE ride once they walk in.

On the other hand, I heard from a Catering worker at DL that he was told it’ll go either in Twister’s current site or the Go-Karts current site. Anyways, I think it is likely that it will go somewhere in that back area of the park. Twiste rhas has rumors of removal for years now and the Go-Karts are rumored to be removed, so either one of those spots makes sense. It would also hopefully bring some life into that totally dead area of the park.

Another thing: although it wasn’t mentioned in the announcement video, does anyone think the return of the Superman theming to RoS is still likely for 2019? It would make sense as SF has the naming rights for it and everybody still calls it Superman. Why not, am I right?

I bet this goes in the area between MotoCoaster and Twister. There is an open spot and they need to draw crowds back there. Save to go kart area for a 4D free spin next year. This position would also allow the park to re-work MotoCoaster's entrance along with the entrance to this and still close off Darien Square if they want

I bet this goes in the area between MotoCoaster and Twister. There is an open spot and they need to draw crowds back there. Save to go kart area for a 4D free spin next year. This position would also allow the park to re-work MotoCoaster's entrance along with the entrance to this and still close off Darien Square if they want

Not a whole lot of space there

Screenshot_20180830-221121_Maps.thumb.jpg.71c93bf82ec244e688c2e449f629a8d5.jpg

Just curious: are any of the red circled campsites still in use? I’m aware that some campsites at DL aren’t used any more. If these are the one not used, the go-kart plot could potentially be used for something most bigger of an addition than a 4D free spin. That could be quite the large space for a new attraction like a large coaster.

BE588C40-1F32-4D6B-9457-1BA84D1BE190.thumb.jpeg.f7dec4016bdf1f20c0955b3390e845b4.jpeg

Just curious: are any of the red circled campsites still in use? I’m aware that some campsites at DL aren’t used any more. If these are the one not used, the go-kart plot could potentially be used for something most bigger of an addition than a 4D free spin. That could be quite the large space for a new attraction like a large coaster.

Yes they are.

Sure there is. Twister is about 72 feet long, and you could easily fit two of them in that spot. That 144 feet, and the press release said the circle was 98 feet around. It's definitely tight, but would fit, especially if you took a portion of that parking lot behind that plot of land.

It will take years, but 5 years from now, that entire area could be re-developed. Starting from Motocoaster and working around to Viper. You could easily fit in 5 new flats in there, and maybe even another boardwalk area too, but for next year, Motocoaster and SkyScreamer are going to look pretty lonely out there. I do agree that area of the park will be pretty busy next year. Good job Six Flags. They are going to transform Darien Lake this time around. I really hope they bring back the Looney Tunes characters. I love Foghorn Leghorn! The opportunity for merchandise sales cannot be overlooked. For sure, there will be SkyScreamer merch in the "former" MotoCoaster store. Also, a pin trading program would be awesome! Six Flags sold a lot of Looney Tunes pins when they owned DL, and I wonder if they are going to bring back the Breakfast with Bugs program for families?

Sure there is. Twister is about 72 feet long, and you could easily fit two of them in that spot. That 144 feet, and the press release said the circle was 98 feet around. It's definitely tight, but would fit, especially if you took a portion of that parking lot behind that plot of land.

Not to mention that 98 foot radius is likely when the swings are at the max height and speed. Meaning when they’re on the ground the diameter will be smaller, by maybe 15-20 feet I’d assume

Looks like for the remainder of 2018, Darien Lake is going to be branded as “Darien Lake: A Six Flags Theme Park” similar to that of Great Escape and La Ronde

F1FCB928-37E9-4A21-A08B-E6D2EBB9B2C3.thumb.png.f7595f0df329ca7734dcc0a88637b1e8.png

Darien Lake’s new profile picture on Facebook

I was just at the park today for about an hour and a half (except for the added 15 minutes to find my car because I made the cardinal sin of forgetting where I parked) to get my season pass processed. I managed to get on 5 of the coasters (didn't feel like riding the SLC or Viper because I had to make it back to work). Overall it was a very nice time. I haven't been there for almost 20 years now so it was nice to make it back and know that I'll be heading there more next year.

For all the hate that the park gets it's a nice little park.

Even though I was making fun of them getting something like this, it is sure to be a hit with the GP - and anything new is always good.

Although I still have to crack up thinking about the scenery up at the top. "Hey, look son...there is a farm!", "Hey, look over there...is that a cow or a horse?", "Oooh, ooooh...I see a big-ass corn field", "Look...there is that same farm again!"

Looks like for the remainder of 2018, Darien Lake is going to be branded as “Darien Lake: A Six Flags Theme Park” similar to that of Great Escape and La Ronde

I noticed the same thing on the park’s website yesterday. This must have just been changed.

3D921A26-6863-4476-B474-6F1F62FE3954.thumb.png.e55567f9d5df62c2cd7d7da6e2865f0e.png

Its a much needed addition to Darien's lineup of aging flat rides, however its nothing new for me and definitely nothing special, I have already been on the one at FI and the one at the Erie county fair and I can't imagine this being much different. Nothing that's gonna get me into the park especially with a $20 parking charge. I do not have the time commitment for seasons passes. I wish the local parks would coordinate a bit more when it comes to ride selection, as most of the local parks within a 2-3 hour radius have an awful lot of the same type of ride, I get that some rides are staples and are very popular however a little variety when it comes to new additions wouldn't hurt.

Its a much needed addition to Darien's lineup of aging flat rides, however its nothing new for me and definitely nothing special, I have already been on the one at FI and the one at the Erie county fair and I can't imagine this being much different. Nothing that's gonna get me into the park especially with a $20 parking charge. I do not have the time commitment for seasons passes. I wish the local parks would coordinate a bit more when it comes to ride selection, as most of the local parks within a 2-3 hour radius have an awful lot of the same type of ride, I get that some rides are staples and are very popular however a little variety when it comes to new additions wouldn't hurt.

I get your point, but the flash sale season pass has a lot of value. $56.99 including free parking, admission for this year and next year at all SF parks, and a free bottle for the cheap refills. Even if you only plan on visiting once it makes more since then buying a ticket and parking.

The new SkyScreamer is different from the swings like Flight at FI. DL’s new one will be more than twice as tall as FI’s and ECF’s Star Flyer. This gives much better views and an added thrill of the extra height. I think a new flat Ride taller than RoS is pretty awesome and I am very excited for it, even though there are some Star Flyers nearby, which are much smaller.