TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Not sure on the dimensions of the area and if it would fit or not, but if they do add the coaster, could it go in the area where Cuda falls currently is? Cuda falls was closed most of last year and all of this year. Plus, it's also separated from the rest of the main water park.

Not sure on the dimensions of the area and if it would fit or not, but if they do add the coaster, could it go in the area where Cuda falls currently is? Cuda falls was closed most of last year and all of this year. Plus, it's also separated from the rest of the main water park.

The area where 'Cuda Falls is too small for the coaster with Shipwreck Falls being on left and Slingshot in the back and whatever's left of Floogate Falls on the right side the "Barracuda Bay" area is pretty much crammed. Does anyone know weather or not 'Cuda Falls is going to be removed or are they just fixing it?

Are you talking about Floodgate Falls' end pool? They always kept 'Cuda Falls' end pool clean when it was still operating and not constantly down for maintenance!

No, just Cuda Falls. When I went to the park in June it was fulled with green scum. When I went last Friday it was clean but empty.

I think they are choosing not to open it this season just because they do not need to open it. The waterpark was pretty dead last weekend.

Unfortunately if their going to Open a new coaster this big they are going to have to remove one, and Predator is the most likely since they may be able to reuse the station location and proximity to the lake. There's not a lot of room to work with for putting in a big new coaster, if they had been looking to put in a smaller steel coaster they could probably remove the old theater by viper, but this is going to be a good move for the park which hasn't added a serious coaster addition since RoS in '99. This could be the shot in the arm this park needs to really make it a true competitor. The only thing I'm worried about is congestion in that part of the park with the two biggest rides being in the same area.

Unfortunately if their going to Open a new coaster this big they are going to have to remove one, and Predator is the most likely since they may be able to reuse the station location and proximity to the lake. There's not a lot of room to work with for putting in a big new coaster.

Not necessarily true. Heesheypark adds big new coasters pretty regularly, and they have been really landlocked. All it takes is some imagination.

image.thumb.jpg.537434b4bdad5b7a63c5f81b61495532.jpg

Space for lake monster

Unfortunately if their going to Open a new coaster this big they are going to have to remove one, and Predator is the most likely since they may be able to reuse the station location and proximity to the lake. There's not a lot of room to work with for putting in a big new coaster, if they had been looking to put in a smaller steel coaster they could probably remove the old theater by viper, but this is going to be a good move for the park which hasn't added a serious coaster addition since RoS in '99. This could be the shot in the arm this park needs to really make it a true competitor. The only thing I'm worried about is congestion in that part of the park with the two biggest rides being in the same area.
image.thumb.jpg.537434b4bdad5b7a63c5f81b61495532.jpg

Space for lake monster

They don't necessarily have to take down predator. As you can see there are two islands on the lake and one of them is definitely big enough for a station. They could have the whole coaster over the lake. As long as they make concrete or steel supports under the water so it doesn't rot. But they could use that island or put it across from Ros and past predator at the end of that walkway. There is a lot of room here if they just use it right.

The bigger lake is where they launch the fireworks IIRC. And plus I would have to assume that if the coaster station was built on the smaller island then you'd have issues because the general coaster would likely be too close to the fireworks to be safe. Plus you'd need a queue and exit line consisting of a bridge that would be over 300 yards in length, so not only would it be impractically expensive, it would also likely not garner much attendance because the guests have to walk really far just for one ride.

People would walk to it. At SFStlouis the Boss has a huge que line and most of it is uphill. If its a big ride people will ride it no matter where it is.

And surely they can find somewhere else to do fireworks! Maybe. It would be sad if the main reason they torn down predator was because they couldn't move the firework show.

Unfortunately if their going to Open a new coaster this big they are going to have to remove one, and Predator is the most likely since they may be able to reuse the station location and proximity to the lake. There's not a lot of room to work with for putting in a big new coaster.

Not necessarily true. Heesheypark adds big new coasters pretty regularly, and they have been really landlocked. All it takes is some imagination.

That's very true, and now with herschend running the park it's going to be easier to build new rides, my only thing is that hershey and Darien lake are still not quite in the same league( but getting much closer if they build lake monster). I would hope they find a way to keep predator but if they look for an easy solution this may be the last season for it : (

Now, even though the island Idea was good, aside from the fireworks thing, what would be so bad about placing the station here? thumb_image_1176.thumb.jpg.7737fadd5395eb1bd7a481812a024b70.jpg i see there is a walk way (based on experience) and I'm pretty sure a queue could go on the opposite side and work its way towards predator, or if that's not an option, I'm sure they can have a partial queue under the station like the GateKeeper lines, I know thats a different reason, but if they're looking for line space and they're in a cramped area, its always an option... Thoughts? Just to clarify my thought here, 366625059_thumb_image_1176-Copy.thumb.jpg.00eb44c4d7d61d1d0096416b5b775824.jpg The yellow line seems to be the shortest, though the red and indigo are the same once they get past the station, the red one has additional queueing under the station for if they project longer line lengths. the Gray is obviously not real, and is probably WAAAAY too long. but I put it there to show, they have the room on the lake to place the entire coaster, with that station as a possibility. Remember this is strictly opinion.

oh, oops forgot about the orange area. nothing to do with the coaster, But if I'm correct, that area is closed to the public, so that wouldnt be a great place for an entrance unless they opened it up alittle more. correct me if im wrong!

I seriously doubt it would be a HUSS Frisbee as HFEC has surely sworn them off, but Zamperla has a good relationship with them and makes a similar product.

Just to give more perspective, back in 2006 SDC sent out a group of surveys with three ride options - a Frisbee style ride, a Screamin' Swing, and a Topple Tower. The Sceamin' Swing was picked, but I'm hoping that one day they go back to the frisbee concept. I'm sure if another park in the chain gets one and it works out for them you'll see SDC and DW pick one up as well.

I don't think it means they'll necessarily delay the coaster project as Screamscape has suggested. There could be other reasons for delays, but I don't think it's that simple.