TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I really want to know, what possibly could they be announcing about Howl-o-Scream that is so important? That is my main thing for that weekend. We already practically know everything about the new coaster and I get 30% discounts everyday and loose raffles all the time. It just drives me crazy to not know what they possibly could have in store.

I got a thing in the mail today from Busch Gardens inviting me to Pass Member Appreciation Weekend (9/17-18) stating that the first 1500 pass members at Festhaus by 10:30 AM Saturday will get the announcement of 2012 and Howl-O-Scream. Plus a chance to win an iPad, iPod, and other things. Sounds pretty awesome.

That figures--I'll be at Deep South Bash. Oh, well . . .

I really want to know, what possibly could they be announcing about Howl-o-Scream that is so important? That is my main thing for that weekend. We already practically know everything about the new coaster and I get 30% discounts everyday and loose raffles all the time. It just drives me crazy to not know what they possibly could have in store.

We know about the ride because plans were leaked. They're still going to make an official announcement.

We don't know everything about the ride, just the overview, the station building, and some of the props inside the building. The park still has yet to release info about the "world firsts" and the full, detailed layout.

BGW could be withholding info about HOS as well (another maze/scare zone that wasn't leaked to employees).

I have some hot news for you!

Blitzen-Volt sounds like the name of the coaster. Some poster something about it on their Facebook and it was deleted almost instantly. However, I can't find any trademark information that could be leading to this. The guys said, on the main BGW website instead of it saying "2012 Coaster" it said Blitzen-Volt. It also had a high speed of 81 mph. Although after some checking it wasn't there and he said it was probably a glitch. What do you guys think??

Edit - So BGWFans.com is doubting the reality of this info, somewhat. I say this is very likely. If it is multi-launch, it's highest speed could be 81 mph. I think we are in for one wild ride with this coaster.

^I'll chop my arm off if it goes 80 mph. I don't see any possible way it could go that fast. And Blitzen-Volt is one of the few names I could think of that are worse than both Verbolten AND Mach Tower.

We will hold you to this!

I have some hot news for you!

Blitzen-Volt sounds like the name of the coaster. Some poster something about it on their Facebook and it was deleted almost instantly. However, I can't find any trademark information that could be leading to this. The guys said, on the main BGW website instead of it saying "2012 Coaster" it said Blitzen-Volt. It also had a high speed of 81 mph. Although after some checking it wasn't there and he said it was probably a glitch. What do you guys think??

Edit - So BGWFans.com is doubting the reality of this info, somewhat. I say this is very likely. If it is multi-launch, it's highest speed could be 81 mph. I think we are in for one wild ride with this coaster.

If it did have a maximum speed of 81 MPH I would be so happy! That being said, I won't get my hopes up for that, as I think it would be a better ride if the whole family could enjoy it.

^I'll chop my arm off if it goes 80 mph. I don't see any possible way it could go that fast. And Blitzen-Volt is one of the few names I could think of that are worse than both Verbolten AND Mach Tower.

We will hold you to this!

I guess we'll know more after Passholder Appreciation Weekend, but until then . . .

I don't see the point of theming it so much if you're flying by it at 80 mph. And I don't see where it would launch this fast, seeing as it would have to lose a lot of speed really fast, because the layout is so mini for 80 mph, and it doesn't look like it's rising higher than 100 feet. Also, I don't really find 80 mph as "Family friendly". But what if the "130 foot drop over the Rhine" is actually launched, and launches faster and quicker than the acceleration of gravity. That would be pretty cool. But probably not gonna happen.

If it does have a top speed of 81mph, it will probably achieve it coming out of the event building, and then the covered bridge will be a brake section before the drop.

I got a thing in the mail today from Busch Gardens inviting me to Pass Member Appreciation Weekend (9/17-18) stating that the first 1500 pass members at Festhaus by 10:30 AM Saturday will get the announcement of 2012 and Howl-O-Scream. Plus a chance to win an iPad, iPod, and other things. Sounds pretty awesome.

Ohhhhhh I am SO going.

Blitzen-Volt

Well actually when researching the name BGW had several they wanted to chose from, I now give to you the EXCLUSIVE list of alternative names for the ride-

-Dasher

-Dancer

-Prancer

-Vixen

-Comet

-Cupid

-Donner

But in the end it was decided to go with Blitzen.

Edited by The SETGO Guys

It breaks the speed record - what happens after the train reaches its maximum speed really doesn't matter as long as it holds the record.

As for the Electrocuted Reindeer Coaster, the only other thing that would explain the number 81 as it pertains to speed is if Busch Gardens decides to go all-out authentic and give its speed in kilometers per hour, which equals 50-and-change miles per hour.

It breaks the speed record - what happens after the train reaches its maximum speed really doesn't matter as long as it holds the record.

As for the Electrocuted Reindeer Coaster, the only other thing that would explain the number 81 as it pertains to speed is if Busch Gardens decides to go all-out authentic and give its speed in kilometers per hour, which equals 50-and-change miles per hour.

Epic win, BTW: If they do a Cheetoh Hunt to Verbolten, I'll be handing out the pitchforks and torches...

As for the speed of 81... I'd bet it's in KPH myself; the scale of the coaster as we 'currently' see it is too small for 81 MPH- even under the best circumstances. It would be too fast for a 'family' scale coaster such as Verbolten, and I don't think Zierer is ready to take that step up at this point.