TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

I'm not so sure that is good news. It's a CCI and it's been SBNO for so long...aside from a complete rebuild, I'm not confident the ride can be saved!

Well if they announced the reopening, that means the inspectors passed it and confirmed it can be saved.

We need more parks like this! I love how some big parks are doing this. (canobie, holiday world, funtown, knoebels and now alabama adventure!)

• 3 weeks later...

I love looking through Daniel Koch's Twitter and seeing his enthusiasm for the park and Rampage. I hope he can keep expanding the park and eventually turn it into a destination like Holiday World.

^Today they clarified there is still a small chance it will reopen late this season, but it will definitely be ready for the 2015 season. Today one of the trains was shipped off to PTC for refurbishment. Here are the pictures that were posted on the park's Facebook page:

RampageTrain1.jpg.5ed62ecf88f2f17189fa0e674ba155da.jpg

RampageTrain2.jpg.f5e7c90bfb8541b1d97f2bb714fd6b3e.jpg

RampageTrain3.jpg.97f0e824dac6b41f86b5191207afda12.jpg

RampageTrain4.jpg.05675c0e7a2afa26c91b8ec0e4f3621e.jpg

Re-tracking work on Rampage began yesterday!! WOOOOOO!!! Like if you are as PUMPED as we are!

Don't forget to give Dan Koch, Splash Adventure's newest owner, a follow on Twitter (@SplashinDan) for many more behind-the-scenes Rampage updates!

10305068_10152111686766305_7881764076969842473_n.jpg.cade4a4e60b581ebe5665ee99dc9f02e.jpg

I don't understand why there are so many complaints about the season pass prices. if you dont want season passes then just by a day pass its that simple , but I mean where else can you go this cool around here and have unlimited visits all summer? I truly believe that the new owners are trying hard to make some great improvements. #1. safety and customer service #2 newer and better rides that will not compare to the old generic carnival rides the parks had in the past. I am excited about the parks future. I am curious about what this is that has been located where the merry go round used to be you can see on the webcam but cant really make out what it is, any body know?

http://www.myfoxal.com/Global/link.asp?L=397374

Nope, thats the wipe out course. look in the far left top corner behind the little blue building. looks like they may have put the junior vintage boats there in that space. wich is a far better use than the basket ball goal that was there before.

It's the new kids boat ride "Little Harbor"

Cute, I thought it might be something like that glad to see they are adding new rides, cant wait to see what next year brings!

I expect we will see quite a bit of movement in this direction in the next couple of months. Let the speculation and rumors begin in 4,3,2,1, GO!

Well, I am anxious to see some trip reports and photos. not much activity going on facebook, a couple of good comments but thats about it. I would like to see what the dry side looks like and what the progress is on bringing it back.. anybody have anything to share?

• 2 weeks later...

According to a new tweet from Dan, the Rampage may open in August at the earliest. They are working hard to get it ready!!

Rampage will not open until August at the earliest you coaster crazies! This isn't extreme makeover with us cutting corners!

ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 7 times7 FavoriteFavorited 2 times2

More

from Hoover, AL

Daniel Koch @SplashinDan · 12h

Rampage update 14 men working 60 hours a week. Race to the finish all you coaster crazies! #SplashAdventure

ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 2 times2 FavoriteFavorited 1 time1

More

from Hoover, AL

Daniel Koch @SplashinDan · 12h

Rampage update. Our critical path is the chain/sprocket. Ordered from John King England. 600 feet of chain 60,000 pounds. #SplashAdventure

This Photo aerial view of the Rampage was posted on Splash Adventures facebook page. You can see the there are no dry rides, besides the Rampage left. I hope the new owner brings in more exciting rides to place in the empty lots and not generic fair ground style rides like its had in the past.

10365813_10152157905636305_6416550298481171336_n.jpg.212c92fdb19362340833b516ab5c22a9.jpg

This Photo aerial view of the Rampage was posted on Splash Adventures facebook page. You can see the there are no dry rides, besides the Rampage left. I hope the new owner brings in more exciting rides to place in the empty lots and not generic fair ground style rides like its had in the past.

Can someone circle where the kids rides are?

Blue oval- Little Harbor (boat ride-old Carousel location)

Blue rectangle- Little Bumpers (kiddie bumper boats-old Speedway location

Red rectangle- Splash Express (train, same layout as old train)

Dark green rectangle- Centi-speed (Wacky Worm coaster-old kiddie bumper car location)

Black rectangle- Crank N Roll (hand crank vehicle ride, was there when park first opened back in 1998)

Red oval- Helicopter Heroes (helicopter/hovercraft ride- old kiddie airplane location

Pink square- There's a "Coming Soon" sign there with a picture of a balloon ferris wheel on it (old Balloon Wheel location)

Lime green square- There's a "Coming Soon" sign there with a picture of a Jump Around on it (old Hampton motorcycles location)

1396483206_10365813_10152157905636305_6416550298481171336_ncopy.jpg.b954f9e28242472b65738b038fbd7191.jpg