TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

OK, so I started to get back into RCT2 and I installed it on my new computer running win7. whenever I go to open a trainer (any trainer) it shuts down my game, is there an issue? I changed all the compatibility settings to WinXP but they all still shut the game down. Im sorry if this has already been brought up, but I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer.

I've noticed the same issues myself- but on a different scale.

It's part of the transiton to the X86 system changes- and yes, trainers et al will have issues; I do know that quite a few of my older games have all gone 'kaput' with Win7.

So much for forward technology.

The other big issue is with some of RCT' II's smaller bugs- which trigger randomly. Go figure.

It was the resolution. My graphic card is set to 1080p and the wide screen was causing a conflict every time I switched between windows. Now I just change my resolution to match the game and it works great!

New problem though. I started my park in the Landscape Editor and it is looking great so far. I noticed that when I try to move it to the next stage it tells me the entrance path to the park is either not complete or has too many curves. I deleted all the path and made it an almost straight shot to the gate but it still is saying there is a problem. Anyone had this happen and what can I do to fix it?

Yes, thats me. I haven't been able to finish anything the past few years but I'm always working on something. I put two of my unfinished parks in the exchange under Kingdom Hearts and Thunder Valley.

• 2 weeks later...

All you RCT2 ner...I mean fans, I could use some assistance!

What are the .dat names of the six "required" objects that a park must have for it to be "valid"? I know which ones they are, I just need the .dat file names.

I need help with track merging. Whenever I try to raise/lower any track, 8 cars crashes and nothing happens.

Also, when I go into the scenario editor, I cannot select individual pieces of scenery. (The scrollbar won't perform its primary function and scroll.)

I'm trying to use DatMaker for the first time

I have the DAT files I want to use but I don't know how to add them to the package DATs section of the program. It won't let me drag and drop or copy paste.

and I'm using windows7, if that might be a problem

Hey guys. I'm working on a NCSO park and I was wondering if anyone could help with the archy. Mine kind of sucks. I have some buildings, but not many. I have the Entrance, Hurricane Rollercoaster Station, and Que line buildings. I placed all of the roller coasters. All I really need is some of the main street, ride stations, and some resturaunts. If any NCSO players are interested, please, send me a PM, and I'll send you the park. Thanks guys!

When I try to select large scenery in the scenario editor, I cannot scroll. Is this the result of having too many objects or something else?

EDIT: My bad. It was the small scenery tab. Thanks!

Edited by Twitch