TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

Try building the fence first then the path. But it might be just a path glitch that happens a lot. There's not a known solution to this. Only recommendation is to get some scenery path pieces use them and put the path on them, that way it shows up. And then pave over with invisble path.

Hey everyone I have a question about custom supports..

I look through at alot of the parks with custom scenery and one thing ive never been able to figure out....how do you disable the supports for a particular coaster so that you can create your own supports without disabling all supports for the entire park? Ive seen screenshots where, for example, there will be a B&M coaster with custom supports but a wooden coaster or another ride with regular supports that shows that the supports have only been disabled for the one ride.

How do you do this? is it a trainer or something?

Thanks in advance...

Sorry for the late reply, but I think I have found the problem. I have a cable lift giga coaster thats giving me problems. If I close it the game crashes right away, same if I try to demolish it. If I don't change anything it crashes after 2 lift cycles, just bad timing/luck on my part I think there. Any suggestions?

I look through at alot of the parks with custom scenery and one thing ive never been able to figure out....how do you disable the supports for a particular coaster so that you can create your own supports without disabling all supports for the entire park? Ive seen screenshots where, for example, there will be a B&M coaster with custom supports but a wooden coaster or another ride with regular supports that shows that the supports have only been disabled for the one ride.

Thanks in advance...

Actually, you have to remove the supports with either an invisible support blocker, or by placing a full tile base block 5 feet on the ground, and using the zero clearance option with 8 cars on the absolute option, lift the hole back up, and that should do the trick. The NE bench found in the Micro topic here has a nice bench with the invisible support blocker.

Thanks in advance...

Actually, you have to remove the supports with either an invisible support blocker, or by placing a full tile base block 5 feet on the ground, and using the zero clearance option with 8 cars on the absolute option, lift the hole back up, and that should do the trick. The NE bench found in the Micro topic here has a nice bench with the invisible support blocker.

Actually, you don't need to absolute zero clearance while raising the land; due to the game's core structure, (something I wouldn't be the one to ask about) the tile stays under the ground with all clearances turned on.

Anyways, I have a question about SOB trainer; everytime I "freeze" the ride's modified Intensity rating, it looks fine in the game and the guests are willing to ride it. But when I exit out of the SOB trainer (it makes my computer much slower) the ratings return to their original state. Is this unavoidable?

^

It's just a bug with SOB. It works sometimes, and other times, it doesn't.

Though, sometimes saving right after the usage of SOB works wonders sometimes.

And just to clarify, Jake, The way you mentioned "support blocking" does not work.

example.jpg.84edf29196c0aa102b89eea25b5b50c7.jpg

The one on the left is the way I mentioned, and your idea is respectfully on the right. The issue of just burying the tile under ground is the game memory assumes the block is inded underground, so there are no changes. The way I demonstrated "tricks" the games memory into thinking the full tile is above ground.

^I think we're confused over my way of doing it. What i do is what you mentioned, except excluding the "Zero Clearance Absolute" option. I think what you thought I said was just to bury the tile underground, which I know would never work (thanks to my younger years of RCT2 ).

SCR225.BMP

See what I mean?

And thanks so much about the SOB tips, it's strange because the first layout of the coaster I'm having problems with was just below the 10 rating in Intensity, but I changed a section of track to make it a smoother transition into the brake run, which somehow made it jump up to 10.32! I quickly changed the track back, but the intensity rating hadn't changed! Must be some glitch or something.

Right. I need someone who is awesome at supporting mega/giga coasters. I've got a real challange for you! Track down the coaster in my previous posts if you feel like.

I sort of want the supporting done, so I can start on foliage. Wich in my eyes is key to this whole 'park' as its not much else in it.

Alright so I've been trying to take screenshots of my new RCT2 park for a while now, and every time I take one it tells me that it saves, but when I get out of the program and look for the new pics I can't find them anywhere. Anyone know where they could be going?

Yeah I'm also having trouble finding my screen shots, does anybody else know that the max number of peeps you can have in line is 1,000? And that the max number of people you can have in your park is 8,846? One of my park's has 8,846 peeps in it, and peeps stop walking onto and into the park.

There are 10,000 sprite data in the game, and sprite is all moving animations (being peeps, animated scenery, and tracked rides.) So technically, you can have 10,000 guest, but have no rides/ scenery in the park.

As for pictures.

for rct2 only:

C drive---> Program filesx86----> info games interactive ---> RCT2

For the Triple thrill pack:

C drive---> Program filesx86----> Atrai ---> RCT2triple thrill pack

For Vista/Windows 7:

At the top of the windowed screen, there should be an option for view compatibly files. That should do the trick.

Edited by djbrcace1234