TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...

Found a recent construction photo of the Iron man Experience, in the Hong Kong Disneyland Gazette.

And with their little Translation to English Button, this is how the caption came out...

Nothing special things and events this week, directly follow tomorrow's world - "Iron Man Fly" (Iron Man Experience) steel structure buildings of the latest developments store!

Make of it what you will, lol.

hkmsg_twams184_01.JPG.9ddf24db3ef4d49bc7401c0e4dad038c.JPG

Not a lot to see, but it's coming along there.

• 2 weeks later...

Found this in the recent issue of the HKDL Hong Kong Main Street Gazette...

Fantasy World - Disney story theater entrance sign location was fenced and finishes renovation project this week. When Bezel Removing the moment, it means "Disney magic study" (Mickey and the Wondrous Book) words have been installed on the signs.

StoryBookTheaterEntrance2015.JPG.29cfcaec50c13a06dc58ffb7a52c729c.JPG

Where "The Golden Mickeys" entry sign used to reside.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^

Any current photo news on how current construction is going?

I just read (and found pix) there's going to be a new "Fairy Tale Forest"

area built, in Fantasyland.

I also noticed in the art concepts of The Forest, the gp get to "interact" with

each scene, i.e turning the handle to "make something happen", etc. Nice.

FairyTaleForest2015a.jpg.d2619fad6ff98d5dbb8e0b4ddeb7950f.jpg

Area where it's all being built. On the right is the Tinkerbell Meet'n'Greet.

FairyTaleForest2015b.thumb.jpg.2454be16836c9c264c79e3464b4f1f4c.jpg

Concept art of part of the Fantasy Forest. Hi Rapunzel!

FairyTaleForest2015c.thumb.jpg.7582e5a50ca52c470d6994a5b2876401.jpg

Seven dwarfs get a look-see in the new Fantasy Forest.

• 3 weeks later...

HKDL has released some great photo-artwork in conjunction with their current Halloween celebrations.

It all looks very cool. I would love to visit there again, during this Season.

Halloween_KV_PR_LOW_0_Original.thumb.jpg.513f646c1612b5ce592a15834daaaba5.jpg

HKDL_Halloween_GG__LOW_0_Original.jpg.1c632a90102adaa00e4e67f0ec063b18.jpg

HKDL_Halloween_JRC_LOW_0_Original.thumb.jpg.1566c4aac9119533c87e1d05f7430af8.jpg

HKDL_Halloween_MP_LOW_0_Original-610x406.jpg.48dbfa7b71937c9f4f5e54697c3c9844.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

^ That was great, "Mickey and The Wondrous Book"!

It looks/sounds much better than the Golden Mickeys, IMhO.

I must go back and see this, for myself.

Edited by Nrthwnd

Maybe it's just being a kindergarten/elementary teacher in Asia but I had quite a few students who were fans of the Golden Mickeys or it was one of their bigger memories coming back. I've mentioned before my wife's favorite Disney is Hong Kong and I have a few parents who prefer Hong Kong just because as the parents of little children who are more GP than enthusiasts, they are happy to sacrifice quality for a quieter park where they can walk up to most princesses and have a picture within 15 minutes or lines for the most part are 1/4 of what they can be at Tokyo as well as not needing a lottery to catch the shows and walking straight up to parades.

I know for the kids (my kids are around 5-11) it was mainly about seeing characters they recognized with music, they didn't care about the story connecting it at all so Golden Mickeys was perfect for them. I think out of the Golden Mickeys they were really happy to see Stitch, Toy Story, Belle & Ariel (most of them haven't seen those last two but they know under the sea or know the princesses from clothes and merchandise.) Those characters have stuck in the kid's minds.

I've shown kids the golden mickeys before on youtube and it can mostly hold their attention so I tried to show some of my kids bits of this at lunch in the background and though Olaf got their attention when he popped back up they really drifted off for the Jungle Book (maybe once the remake is released that will change) and the Princess and the Frog parts. I don't think Brave really caught on here either. They had no idea that the genie was singing and it was Aladdin. However, they were very happy when Rapunzel came up and of course Frozen got everyone's attention.

Obviously a video doesn't do it justice compared to being there but it'll be interesting to see how it goes down. I personally wasn't a big fan of the Golden Mickeys either. Regardless I'm sure once Let it Go starts up that will be the only thing the children will talk about at the curtain down anyway. Perhaps they could have just stuck a sisterly love award on the end of the Golden Mickeys Not that anyone ever won at the Golden Mickeys

• 1 month later...

I'm glad they expanded on some of the stage tech from Mickey and the Magical Map for this show but made it their own. I think The Golden Mickeys is a solid show, but it was definitely time for something new, so I'm happy to see that this looks like a solid replacement.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ Awesome! Their previous scary space mountain during Halloween 2012,

when TPR was there (Sept.), was really well done, to me. From what I've

read about the Hyperspace Mtn.in DL, this should be a great thing for HKDL!

That's awesome news! Hyperspace Mountain in DLR was excellent, in my opinion. Unfortunately I'm sure the cries of the fanboys in SoCal would never allow it to become a permanent installation. Then again, I'm certainly not opposed to it becoming a seasonal attraction like Haunted Mansion Holiday or Ghost Galaxy. Either way, Hong Kong just got an awesome deal.

• 3 months later...