TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT3 Help Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been having kind of an annoying problem with RCT3 recently. Whenever I start RCT3, the screen position of the program is too far to the left (but the actual screen position settings on my monitor haven't actually changed) so I have to keep going to the settings and changing the position settings each time I play, then when I close RCT3, the screen is too far to the right so then I have to go to the settings and move it to the left. This is a very annoying problem and I hope someone has a solution. I am using Windows7 x64. BTW the reason that this just started happening is because I just reinstalled it after doing a clean installation of Win7.

• 5 weeks later...

I think I am ready to move on within RCT3 and start using custom scenary/rides/objects, but I was hoping you guys could help and let me know where I need to download them to ( which folder) and then how I can use them in my parks.

Thanks Very Much

James

I think I am ready to move on within RCT3 and start using custom scenary/rides/objects, but I was hoping you guys could help and let me know where I need to download them to ( which folder) and then how I can use them in my parks.

Thanks Very Much

James

You must unpack the zip files to the locations as follows:

Custom Cars (CC) go in C:\ Program Files\ Atari\ RollerCoaster Tycoon 3\ Cars\ TrackedRideCars\

Custom Tracked Rides (CTR) go in C:\ Program Files\ Atari\ RollerCoaster Tycoon 3\ tracks\ Tracked Rides\

Custom Tracks (CT) go in C:\ Program Files\ Atari\ RollerCoaster Tycoon 3\ tracks\ Tracked Rides\

Custom Scenery (CS) go in C:\ Program Files\ Atari\ RollerCoaster Tycoon 3\ Style\ Themed\

Custom Flat Rides (CFR) go in C:\ Program Files\ Atari\ RollerCoaster Tycoon 3\ Style\ Custom\ (the "Custom" folder must be created manually)

If you have any more questions I be glad to help.

So, I've been having problems lately taking screenshots in RCT3. I've tried pressing F10 in the game, but nothing ends up appearing in the RCT3 pictures folder. I've tried the print screen button, and that just takes a picture of whats on my desktop while in the game, instead of the actual game playing. Videos using the Flying Routes Editor and using Ctrl + Shift + F11 show up fine in the RCT3 videos folder, I'm just having problems with the pictures.

Any help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently bought a new computer with Windows 7 (which is running great, so far). I'm toying with getting RCT 3, but I haven't heard anything about any compatability issues between the game and Windows 7, so I thought I'd ask here.

RCT 2 runs OK on Windows 7, if that helps. Thanks.

Okay two questions regarding a CS and a CFR set:

Flume Covers (custom scenery) - does anyone here the zip file for this set. I've tried to load that page and have been unsuccessful.

Intamin Drop Tower (custom flat ride) - can someone provide me the V.2 zip file? I have the V.1 file, but that doesn't include the top or the brakes at the bottom.

Also can someone guide me how to convert a RAR file to a zip file? I'm totally lost there and I've found some sets that are RAR files. I'm just unable to convert over so I can unzip them. I'd appreciate it!

Hello !

I wanted to create my own ride and therefore I downloaded a CFR from Thatonekid which contains the elevator shaft to recreate the Tower of Terror. But then how can I use this on RCT 3 ? Where do I place it ? In which folder ? And then where is it ? Thks for your answers !

Excuse me, because I'm French and I don't speak English very well !

Hey there!

After seeing many RCT3 projects, I've really wanted to re-download it. However, I am concerned on how my computer will react to that. Is this exceptional, with NoLimits and RCT2 also being on my computer?

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20 GHz

Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB

System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Copied/pasted from system info.

I know nothing about computer stuff like that. I'm wondering it it will run RCT3, for the most part, smoothly. Thanks for any help!

^Graphics Card info:

Name: Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

Device Type: Display Adapters

It came stock on my Intel Inspiron 5305 desktop computer. This computer has had a bad virus before, but it's working fairly well now. It IS missing an audio driver, but I can still get around to opening programs. :/

Okay two questions regarding a CS and a CFR set:

Flume Covers (custom scenery) - does anyone here the zip file for this set. I've tried to load that page and have been unsuccessful.

Intamin Drop Tower (custom flat ride) - can someone provide me the V.2 zip file? I have the V.1 file, but that doesn't include the top or the brakes at the bottom.

Also can someone guide me how to convert a RAR file to a zip file? I'm totally lost there and I've found some sets that are RAR files. I'm just unable to convert over so I can unzip them. I'd appreciate it!

Has anyone found or have these sets in a zip file that they can send to me? Also can someone instruct me how to convert RAR files to zip files? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

A quick tutorial on how to install custom coasters to RCT3!

It worked for me in the first time!

The coaster train goes to c:/programfiles/atari/RollerCoasterTycoon3/cars/coastercars

The track goes to c:/programfiles/atari/RollerCoasterTycoon3/tracks/coasters

I hope this should work for those with difficulties...

• 4 weeks later...

When I'm trying to play rct3, my mouse cursor will freeze up for a few seconds, then continue moving again. It happens about every 7 seconds and it makes it really hard to play. Has anyone had this happen to them? Any way to fix this? BTW, I'm using a trackball mouse.