TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

Am I the only one that thinks it looks like it was made in about 5 minutes in Photoshop?

I think the logo is slightly better than the name. Mostly because "freestyle" is in smaller letters so from a distance you could feasibly believe it's just called "Music Park". Which would be a (slightly) better name.

Wow, although I don't think they did a great job on the name or logo, the price of tickets and marketing are going to be big factors if this park is to make it into a third season.

"Freestyle Music Park" is the destination for the celebration of that revolutionary phenomenon rock n' roll but also encompasses other genres of music including country, reggae, beach music, pop, R&B, alternative, Christian, and disco. At Freestyle Music Park, you can indulge your inner "rock star" while enjoying the park's many and excellent rides, shows and other attractions

Umm...did they even try to do a google search on what Freestyle Music is? I guess they meant free to be what you want....but did they not realize that freestyle is already a music genre?

"Freestyle Music Park" is the destination for the celebration of that revolutionary phenomenon rock n' roll but also encompasses other genres of music including country, reggae, beach music, pop, R&B, alternative, Christian, and disco. At Freestyle Music Park, you can indulge your inner "rock star" while enjoying the park's many and excellent rides, shows and other attractions

Umm...did they even try to do a google search on what Freestyle Music is? I guess they meant free to be what you want....but did they not realize that freestyle is already a music genre?

Hey FPI.. Wikipedia is your friend!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freestyle_music

EDIT: I thought at first Freestyle was a sponsor! Maybe they might turn the park into something to compete with South of the Border!

I'd like to wish that Hard Rock park could be heading in a good direction, but I think they may have blew it with the name.

A good park name has to be easy to remember, has to deal with the park, and has to have a unique logo to remember it by. The Freestyle Music Park seems too long to remember, the Freestyle part has nothing to do with the park and seems like it was just added in there for fun, and I don't think the logo would be impressionable. Six Flags has the flags, Cedar Fair has the coaster background, and Kennywood has the direction sign.

I'm betting I could probably make a better logo too and I'm not an expert at computer graphics!

^ Dude, C'mon! I highly doubt that "Latin Hip Hop Park" was already taken!!!

--Robb

That would have SO rocked.. you know that over half of the new US citizens in 2008 were of hispanic decent. Might as well get a jump start on the take over!

Robb, Wes:

Quit ripping FreeStyle's tired logo to shreds.

I do however have an idea for their musical shows for the kids:

parentalfail.jpg.d69b492e0c207f9d84bc6d23d9c4c02b.jpg

They're "poppin" to some Luke and 2Live Crew. Later they'll bring some kids on the stage to help them dance for the finale. (I can see Elissa picking up Kidtums and running the other way!) ;)

Well, at least the logo's decent.

Really?

Am I the only one that thinks it looks like it was made in about 5 minutes in Photoshop?

Seriously, the guitar with loops is *slightly below average* at best (honestly, it's terrible), and then the font looks like a stock Windows TTF font. I'm sure I've used it on something before....

--Robb

EDIT - as an example, here is the logo for our upcoming Coaster Expedition Volume 12 DVD. If *I* can have a logo and artwork put together that looks this good, a theme park should be able to do a million times better....

You guys do see my point, right?

Any logo with Godzilla on it rules! Ditto for the bad-ass Viking!

I'm guessing that this is how they came up with new logo:

"Crap! We can't use the 'Hard Rock' name anymore! What'll we do?"

[Crickets chirping, execs looking at each other uncomfortably, fiddling with their coffee cups, looking down at their Blackberries. Two hours go by.]

"Eureka! 'Freestyle Music Park'! Now all we need is a new logo."

"Doesn't Marge have Photoshop or Quark or something on her computer? Hey, Marge!"

Fifteen minutes later, a new logo is born.

One of the things I think is really bad is the fact that he park now contains 5 vertical loops, 2 in Led Zeppelin and 3 in the logo..

I really hope they will change the name in a year or so, to a name wich makes a lot more sense.. Something like uuuhm.. Anything but Freestyle music park ..

If they use Freestyle as the name, I fully expect the ladies working the park entrance to be holding on to the ticket scanners and bucking. I want them to buck so hard, old ladies will use their canes to support them as they buck in unison.

That's how I'd run my park btw. It would be part of the employee handbook.

"All employees must buck against a pole or console at least twice a day. Bonuses will be given for those that can drop it like it's hot while checking car restraints. "

Terry