TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tele2 Insane, Intamin ZacSpin for Gröna Lund

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically, Grona Lund is building a giant version Kirnu, which is almost like a direct attack against them.

They've basically decided to say:

"Hey! Our Intamin Zac Spin is bigger than theirs! Come visit us instead!"

Uh, isn't that like the point of the coaster industry?

I rode Kirnu last year and it was an amazing experience. One of the weirdest, most intense and most fun coasters I have ever been on. The only downside was the extreme short length, but with Insane being twice as long it should really be something special. I visited Gröna Lund in 2006 and 2007, but now I really want to go back!

You're missing nothing with the Screaming Squirrel rides - they suck.

As regards the Test Pilots page, it says at the top that it's For Grona Lund staff only. Though it says it in English for some reason, go figure. I signed up for the hell of it

I only wish I could ride something like that!!!

Time to buy an airline ticket -- there are two more of them in Europe!

I only wish I could!! Someday it will happen, I know it!

For now I'll have to stick to really Awesome pictures!!

Dang, when will there be a new concept for a coaster thats in the USA.

We got a few here that I want to see in the USA!

- Zac Spin

- Euro FIGHTER

- Eagles Coaster

- Screaming Squirrel

- Mega Lite

I know we got the compressed air thrust and the 4-D coaster, but these sound much better.

-Matt

Dang, when will people stop complaining about living in the most densely populated roller coaster country in the world

^But aren't they the biggest parks in Sweden? I would think they compete for tourism.

For the record, mixing Finns and Swedes is the second most insulting thing you can say in front of a Finn...

Basically, Grona Lund is building a giant version Kirnu, which is almost like a direct attack against them.

They've basically decided to say:

"Hey! Our Intamin Zac Spin is bigger than theirs! Come visit us instead!"

Like others have said, they are not competing, because you need to take an overnight ferry to get from Stockholm to Helsinki or vice versa. Not a same market at all.

But, again for the record, Linnanmäki has said that they were planning to build a bigger coaster (presumably something like Gröna Lund), but they didn't get permission from the City officials, so they had built Kirnu as it is now.

• 2 weeks later...

For any of our members more local to the park, is there an estimated opening date?

Just trying to figure out if we'll hit it on the Scandi Trip or if I'll miss another one of the damn ball coasters by a few weeks like in 2007! Also for those of you near Linnanmaki, has that ball coaster been pretty reliable? I know that they were all having issues but I'm wondering if they've ironed out the issues by now.

Just trying to figure out if we'll hit it on the Scandi Trip or if I'll miss another one of the damn ball coasters by a few weeks like in 2007! Also for those of you near Linnanmaki, has that ball coaster been pretty reliable? I know that they were all having issues but I'm wondering if they've ironed out the issues by now.

I believe it's pretty much reliable now.

They used to have issues, I've heard that they had it running and not running randomly during a single day. But now I think it's running most of the time, and if it's closed it's only for few minutes for test rides.

The ride was closed for a longer time soon after its opening, when a man was injured. Something failed with the brakes, the car didn't turn right way and the man's leg was somehow pushed against the loading platform.

Last summer a car got stuck upside down, but that was an operator error, at least so I have heard. The rideop pushed stop (e-stop?) too soon for some reason.

Otherwise there haven't been any major issues, or at least I don't know anything about them. Those were the only two issues that I found with Google.

Its so cool to see more Zac spins, especially ones reaching more potential, except it still makes me wish that Intamin would do what they always do and push the limits with this model to make something that's a truly on of a kind, like X was.

Dang, when will people stop complaining about living in the most densely populated roller coaster country in the world

Actually, using rcdb census figures I calculated the most densely roller coaster populated country to be Malta at 1 per 121 sq. miles. Second was Bahrain at 1 per 126.5 sq. miles. UK was 1 per 559 and Japan 1 per 623.5 sq. miles. Sadly, the US is much further down the list at 1 per 5,837 sq. miles.

However, the US does have more coasters than any other country which is what you meant I think.

• 4 weeks later...