TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I got to ride 18 times, and boy, it hauled through the track from start to finish. The forces on the ride are forceful and intense with a good amount of negative G's and Lateral G and I'm happy to say that SFFT has a real winner.

The drop was awesome, especially with that quick twist from the start of the drop, it creates a nice amount of unexpected lateral G's along with weightlessness as it descend down the quarry wall. As awkward the zero G barrel roll looks, it was surprisingly awesome as you can literally feel you butt come off the seat in the process, and it beats any other Zero G roll out there(Sorry B&M). On top of the quarry wall where the old helix use to be at, you haul major a$$ through the airtime hills and overbanks, and that free fall is EPIC as you get about 3 good seconds of airtime. The tunnel is tight and will be featuring fog through it. As you exit the tunnels, you literally shoot out of there with a lot of speed, and into the brake run, you get a last taste of airtime with a nice amount of lateral's along with it.

Thank God for RMC!

So as far as the entrance and queue area, is that all still being worked on or is it all finished up???

They are still working on it. The entrance still needs to add the head and the tail to the ride sign, but by the looks of it, they are extending the queue. The old narrow ramp still remains there.

Next Wednesday will not come soon enough, bummed I couldn't get the 8th off to join you guys out there yesterday. All the elements sound incredible, having been on NTAG I simply cannot wait for Iron Rattler media event on the 15th

Even though I wish Iron Rattler was longer, the aritime, the first drop, the overbank turns, and the Cave, made the coaster ultimately the best I have ever ridden!

Ride count:

2x Iron Rattler

4x Scream (back to back as the park needed riders to ride either SKC, SkyScreamer, and or Scream for helicopter shoot with Iron Rattler)

12x Iron Rattler (back to back)

Here is a picture Jeff had posted on Fiesta Texas Facebook page, which I was included in! (I'm in the gray in the middle of the train)

183195_10151602015808491_565270300_n.jpg

yay! I was in that picture!

But I was in the background so it's hard to see.

Nobody's seemed to mention the double-up after the first drop and before the first overbank.

How does that hold up?

AIR! AIR! AIR!

Nobody's seemed to mention the double-up after the first drop and before the first overbank.

How does that hold up?

You Haul through the double up. You get a good amount of airtime leveling out and you go through the overbank like butter. And the over bank after the double up, you get this weird sensation of sliding of the cliff.

Even though I wish Iron Rattler was longer, the aritime, the first drop, the overbank turns, and the Cave, made the coaster ultimately the best I have ever ridden!

Ride count:

2x Iron Rattler

4x Scream (back to back as the park needed riders to ride either SKC, SkyScreamer, and or Scream for helicopter shoot with Iron Rattler)

12x Iron Rattler (back to back)

Here is a picture Jeff had posted on Fiesta Texas Facebook page, which I was included in! (I'm in the gray in the middle of the train)

183195_10151602015808491_565270300_n.jpg

yay! I was in that picture!

But I was in the background so it's hard to see.

How does that hold up?

AIR! AIR! AIR!

You can see me in the back in the maroon shirt! You can see my nametag! Whoop! I'm excited to ride again haha!

Hi, I was just wondering, when and how are we supposed to return the release form for the travel channel and media day appearences? Also, how long before the start time of the event should we be at the park? I hope to see a lot of you guys at the park on those two days!

Hi, I was just wondering, when and how are we supposed to return the release form for the travel channel and media day appearences? Also, how long before the start time of the event should we be at the park? I hope to see a lot of you guys at the park on those two days!

You would turn them in as you enter the park and come in like 15-30 early, like that they can process you in and stuff.

How does that hold up?

You Haul through the double up. You get a good amount of airtime leveling out and you go through the overbank like butter. And the over bank after the double up, you get this weird sensation of sliding of the cliff.

Just as he mentioned!

Any idea on when this will air or what show it will be on, on the Travel Channel?

All I know is the commercial should come during the 2?th of May. So lets keep a look out! =p

Honestly, it only seemed to slow down A VERY TINY BIT right before the freefall over the cliff. And I'm talking, like, hardly noticible. You fly into the brake run. While we were in the station watching others ride, you had a perfect view of the break run. People were noticably thrown out of their seats as they came out of the tunnel and hit the breaks. It almost looked painful, but when you ride, it just feels like a strong pop of air and a small jerk to the left. It really doesnt let up.

Edited by astro

Not at all! Or at least I didn't. I wore glasses the whole time and I didn't really worry. I just made sure they were on fairly snuggly before the ride started and they did fine! It was super comfortable, and I could actually see! You shouldnt have any problems.

Honestly, it only seemed to slow down A VERY TINY BIT right before the freefall over the cliff. And I'm talking, like, hardly noticible. You fly into the brake run. While we were in the station watching others ride, you had a perfect view of the break run. People were noticably thrown out of their seats as they came out of the tunnel and hit the breaks. It almost looked painful, but when you ride, it just feels like a strong pop of air and a small jerk to the left. It really doesnt let up.

WOW! Then it sounds like iRAT is a winner!

^ it IS a winner! Everything on the ride work so perfectly and honestly, after riding for the first time, I had to ask my self "what the hell did this thing do to me" but in a good way because this ride does a bunch of things to you all at the same time, it's kinda hard to process.