TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Just went to SFNE for the first time over the weekend, and the park really exceeded my expectations. The landscaping was nice, the employees were friendly, and I especially liked the smokehouse. The crown jewel of the park, Bizarro, was freakin' amazing. New #1 ride, even with those crappy restraints.

I was made aware that the audio on it was new this year, and I actually kind of enjoyed it. It was a mixture of different songs instead of the previously used sound bytes. I was wondering if anyone has ridden it with the new and old audio and which one they think is better?

^^ Goliath looked great to me. Since I have never been to the park before last weekend, I never got to see what it looked like without Goliath, but it looks really nice. Paint looks great, and I kinda liked the green towers to be honest.

The only weird thing about the ride at all was that it's so close to Flashback, but I don't expect that ride to be there much longer.

This ride completely deserves the touches it is receiving at SFNE. Other than the green towers, this is looking great.

This got me thinking, at SFNE this will be one of he star attractions, at SFMM it was quite far down the line. Maybe the cross country move wasn't that bad of an idea after all.

The only thing that's beyond me is why, if they could repaint the towers a brand-new color over the old blue, why they couldn't repaint the ride brand new colors over the old green and blue.

Either way, really hoping to get up here to (finally!) ride Bizarro and then Boulder Dash on the way back home, and I loved this ride at SFMM so it'll be a great bonus for the trip!

This ride completely deserves the touches it is receiving at SFNE. Other than the green towers, this is looking great.

This got me thinking, at SFNE this will be one of he star attractions, at SFMM it was quite far down the line. Maybe the cross country move wasn't that bad of an idea after all.

I don't think the "Save Deja Vu" people agree with you.

But, I think it was a smart move as long as the old Deja Vu location in SFMM gets a ride/coaster that is better than Deja Vu.

• 2 weeks later...

The catch car uses hydraulic pressure and "clamps" onto one of the brake fins on the train. I've seen it in action numerous times while Deja was at SFMM but it's hard to explain as it's A LOT more complex than the traditional Boomerangs. The catch car design used on the Giant Inverted Boomerangs is what caused most of the downtime.

^ I was listening to the comments people were saying in the video. I can only imagine that quite a few people stopped in their tracks and starred in awe at New England. Thank you for taking that video.

My pleasure! My wife and I were taking a rest at JB's and she happened to spot the train moving, so I "quick" grabbed my phone and started filming!

In case you missed it (like I did), Goliath's name was hoisted onto the first tower. I was skeptical about Goliath's colors blending into Crack Axle Canyon, but from what I saw of it today, it looks really good. I find it's setting here to be far more appealing than it was at Magic Mountain. I don't care that it's right next to Flashback, I think it looks fantastic.

IMG_0041.thumb.jpg.3c520bce4e85b10621d33402770636c8.jpg

^It took me a moment to find it, but I like the way the name looks on the tower, and how the blue matches the sky in the photo. I always liked the "Deja Vu" color scheme, but I'm still relieved to hear the ride looks fine in its new home.

So I went to SFNE to get my season pass processed and the place was swarming with band kids. Anyway, I went up the fast pass lane of Bizarro to get to the single rider line and avoid the 2-hour wait. The second time I tried, another ride attendant was there to help with regular line guests, and she told the flash pass attendant who had let me in the first time that this was unacceptable and I would have to wait in the queue even though I'm a single rider, so I left. What is the official policy on single riders for Bizarro guys?